• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New study shows Hydroxychloroquine cuts death rate for COVID-19 patients

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Aha, thanks for this. This is the context I was looking for. So it may show a benefit, but there are some factors present that could have skewed the results.

(Depressing, though predictable, that Peter Navarro, a man who knows jack about medicine, decides nonetheless to make unwarranted claims on the back of it. :rolleyes: )
You know the old question we all ask ourselves occasionally? "Why do I find things in the very last place I thought to look?" The answer, of course, is because we stop looking once we've found it.

I think what is being looked for in this thread is a "Trump Vindication." Having found that, why look for anything else -- like, is it really what it seems to be?

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
It isn't now but it was approved by the FDA for emergency use:
See: FDA cautions use of hydroxychloroquine/chloroquine for COVID-19
and click on the link review of safety issues which takes you to a pdf file: https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/nda/2020/OSE Review_Hydroxychloroquine-Cholorquine - 19May2020_Redacted.pdf
On March 28, 2020, FDA authorized the emergency use of hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine supplied from the Strategic National Stockpile to treat adults and adolescents who weigh 50 kg or more and are hospitalized with COVID-19 for whom a clinical trial is not available, or participation is not feasible.
Given the huge problem, and the lack of proven treatments, I'm fine with the FDA allowing unproven treatments on a trial basis. Try everything that has a chance of providing help, including treatment options that would be considered recklessly risky under other circumstances.

That's not the same as "FDA approved".
Tom