• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Star Trek Series In The Works

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
'Star Trek' animated comedy series ordered from 'Rick and Morty' writer
The first-ever official Star Trek comedy series has been ordered.

CBS All Access has greenlit an animated series from Emmy-winner Mike McMahan, a writer on Adult Swim’s sensation Rick and MortyThe half-hour series is titled Star Trek: Lower Decks and will tackle the Federation from a comedic perspective, focusing “on the support crew serving on one of Starfleet’s least important ships.”

“Mike won our hearts with his first sentence: ‘I want to do a show about the people who put the yellow cartridge in the food replicator so a banana can come out the other end,'” said executive producer Alex Kurtzman. “[McMahan’s] cat’s name is Riker. His son’s name is Sagan. The man is committed. He’s brilliantly funny and knows every inch of every Trek episode, and that’s his secret sauce: he writes with the pure, joyful heart of a true fan. As we broaden the world of Trekto fans of all ages, we’re so excited to include Mike’s extraordinary voice.”

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
And....
The new show is the latest Trek project by the CBS All Access streaming service, which also has Star Trek: Discovery, which returns for its second season in January, and a new show with Patrick Stewart reprising his TNG character Jean-Luc Picard in the works.

David T

Premium Member

CBS All Access has greenlit an animated series from Emmy-winner Mike McMahan, a writer on Adult Swim’s sensation Rick and MortyThe half-hour series is titled Star Trek: Lower Decks and will tackle the Federation from a comedic perspective, focusing “on the support crew serving on one of Starfleet’s least important ships.”

“Mike won our hearts with his first sentence: ‘I want to do a show about the people who put the yellow cartridge in the food replicator so a banana can come out the other end,'” said executive producer Alex Kurtzman. “[McMahan’s] cat’s name is Riker. His son’s name is Sagan. The man is committed. He’s brilliantly funny and knows every inch of every Trek episode, and that’s his secret sauce: he writes with the pure, joyful heart of a true fan. As we broaden the world of Trekto fans of all ages, we’re so excited to include Mike’s extraordinary voice.”
He should have said brown cartridge for scientific accuracy. Ever notice how the ship is like a flying frank gehry building. Like a 24/7 job. Is the emp in seattle a federation ship?

Last edited:

Bob the Unbeliever

Sounds interesting. The original concept for DS9 was going to be "an outpost of villainy on the fringe of Federation controlled space".

Alas, that was scrapped for what we got instead, which wasn't bad-- but a semi-outlaw outpost would have been more Interesting, IMO.

Bob the Unbeliever

And....
The new show is the latest Trek project by the CBS All Access streaming service, which also has Star Trek: Discovery, which returns for its second season in January, and a new show with Patrick Stewart reprising his TNG character Jean-Luc Picard in the works.

Still not sufficient motivation to get me to pay $$ for a single-channel feed.

If it never comes to a major streaming service? I'll never see any of it, then.

David T

Premium Member
That would sound gross.
Yes but accurate. And the replicator doesnt need to be a machine but an alien. Give it a cartridge and out pops fresh fruit. Granted thats more hitchhikers guide to the galaxy but its realism. Star trek is to highrise office building in outerspace for me.
tootsie-roll-candy-mega-mix-126605.jpg

David T

Premium Member

oh perrrrfect. I build buildings here is one ready for the future journey "where no man has gone before. " i build disneyland...

Apparently outerspace is womens territory.

cn-aa353_netdra_g_20150524223908.jpg

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Sounds interesting. The original concept for DS9 was going to be "an outpost of villainy on the fringe of Federation controlled space".

Alas, that was scrapped for what we got instead, which wasn't bad-- but a semi-outlaw outpost would have been more Interesting, IMO.
DS9 was too much the bland soap opera for me.
I'd like to see something more like HBO's Deadwood.

Bob the Unbeliever

The Orville seemed soulless.
I expect more from Star Trek.
Do not disappoint me!

I liked Orville, but it was too short to get a really good feel for how it's going to go.

Next Season is already in the works, though-- and is supposedly going to be longer. We'll see.

It did try too hard to be funny, though. You cannot force funny-- it either works, or it bombs. And not in a good way.

Me? I liked Rick and Morty. But lots of folk hated it. And I admit, it took several episodes before I began to appreciate it's peculiar style of funny.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member

I see, so CBS really is serious about maintaining the Star Trek tradition, then?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Still not sufficient motivation to get me to pay $$ for a single-channel feed.

If it never comes to a major streaming service? I'll never see any of it, then.
Ditto for me. I'm also adding in what they did to the Axanar project instead of working with them.

Instead I'll watch (Star Trek:) Orville's second season.