1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New rule: No starting any new wars until you've finished fighting all your current ones.

Discussion in 'The Political World' started by Kangaroo Feathers, Jun 14, 2019.

1. dianaiad

dianaiad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +800
    Religion:
    LDS (the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day saints)
    I wasn't poisoning any well.

I was responding to your constant criticism of Bush/Trump, when I have never seen you criticize Obama. I, personally, have never seen you criticize anybody not Republican, to be honest.

Yet you claim to have done so.

I simply said that the easiest way to show us (me) that you have done so is link to those posts in which you have done so.

If you don't want to do that, fine. Your choice completely. However, if that is your choice, don't blame me for being a bit skeptical.

As for me, I freely admit to bias. I am a libertarian...right leaning. Very right leaning. I do not like the liberal mindset, especially the current liberal mindset. However, I'm almost as unhappy with Republicans and don't agree with some of what they want, either.

But I'm not going to pretend that I am NOT a right wing partisan. I'm not going to pretend that I'm even handed. I'm not. I'm opinionated, argumentative, and have very set opinions. I'm not going to claim that I have supported (or criticized) someone if I can't provide the proof that I have done so.

So I'm not asking for anything I wouldn't be willing to provide myself, or admit that I could not supply...without making excuses or attacking the one asking.

2. Kangaroo Feathers

Kangaroo Feathers Hardline moderate

Ratings:
    +5,847
    Religion:
    Catholic
    I just criticised Obama right in this thread, and linked to other places I criticised him. I'm happy to criticise him whenever a subject he can be criticised for comes up. Now that we've finished that, perhaps you'd like to comment on the actual OP?

3. The Reverend Bob

The Reverend Bob Fart Machine and Beastmaster

Ratings:
    +1,557
    Religion:
    Non-realist
    What is it with the ****-throwing Trump monkeys? They don't seem to understand that Obama is no longer the President and Hilary Clinton was never President and they can't get her impeached

4. Kangaroo Feathers

Ratings:
    +5,847
    Religion:
    Catholic
    Well, why discuss the actual topic when you can dismiss anyone with strawman arguments and unsupported claims of bias?

Never mind the fact I'm a conservative, brand me a liberal, throw in a few inane smileys and lols, and hey presto, you don't have to think about anything I say that might trigger unpleasant feelings of concern or inspire niggling questions about the Cheeto in Chief!

The thinly veiled attempt to trip me up on questions about military service is my favourite, though. Obviously no REAL soldier would say mean things that bring the current regime's motives and actions into question.

#64 Kangaroo Feathers, Jun 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
  5. sun rise

sun rise "Let there be peace and love among all"
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +12,464
    Religion:
    Love
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Stevicus

Stevicus Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +3,477
    Religion:
    Agnostic
    I guess the military is turning more to drones and robots to do all the fighting. At least it seems to minimize the risk to our own troops. If the drones carry out missions which they used to use troops for, then it might save some of our own troops' lives.

That is, if we had any legitimate reason for being over there at all, but we probably don't.

7. Kangaroo Feathers

Ratings:
    +5,847
    Religion:
    Catholic
    The problem with "consequence free" warfare like that is that it makes it easier to resort to.