• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Research Suggests Our Short Attention Spans Will Destroy Democracy

Laika

Premium Member
oh, look! kittens! :D

source.gif

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So...
We think in bumper sticker slogans, don't take the time to analyze complex, multi step effects, and don't remember similar situations from the past, and what worked and didn't?

Yeah, that seems familiar.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder

I decide to wash my car.
As I start toward the garage, I notice that there is mail on the hall table.
I decide to go through the mail before I wash the car.
I lay my car keys down on the table, put the junk mail in the trash can under the table, and notice that the trash can is full.

So, I decide to put the bills back on the table and take out the trash first.
But then I think, since I'm going to be near the mailbox when I take out the trash anyway, I may as well pay the bills first.
I take my checkbook off the table, and see that there is only one check left
My extra checks are in my desk in the study, so I go to my desk where I find the can of Coke that I had been drinking.

I'm going to look for my checks, but first I need to push the Coke aside so that I don't accidentally knock it over.
I see that the Coke is getting warm, and I decide I should put it in the refrigerator to keep it cold.
As I head toward the kitchen with the coke a vase of flowers on the counter catches my eye--they need to be watered.

I set the Coke down on the counter, and I discover my reading glasses that I've been searching for all morning.
I decide I better put them back on my desk, but first I'm going to water the flowers.
I set the glasses back down on the counter, fill a container with water and suddenly I spot the TV remote.
Someone left it on the kitchen table.

I realize that tonight when we go to watch TV, I will be looking for the remote, but I won't remember that it's on the kitchen table, so I decide to put it back in the den where it belongs, but first I'll water the flowers.
I splash some water on the flowers, but most of it spills on the floor.

So, I set the remote back down on the table, get some towels and wipe up the spill.
Then I head down the hall trying to remember what I was planning to do.
At the end of the day: the car isn't washed, the bills aren't paid, there is a warm can of Coke sitting on the counter, the flowers aren't watered, there is still only one check in my checkbook,

I can't find the remote, I can't find my glasses, and I don't remember what I did with the car keys.​

Milton Platt

So...
We think in bumper sticker slogans, don't take the time to analyze complex, multi step effects, and don't remember similar situations from the past, and what worked and didn't?

Yeah, that seems familiar.

I was gonna read your post, but the sentence seemed a little too long and overly complicated......

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
Screw_propelled_vehicle.gif

Here is a replacement for our republic. It has been carefully engineered, so we can trust it. Lets all get rid of our form of government and switch to this.