• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Requirments For Entry Into the US

esmith

Veteran Member
Then how do you explain that people here keep posting about fictional issues that they only could have gotten from conservative talking heads, because the facts on the ground simply don't suggest that there is a problem?
(e.g. CRT in schools, which doesn't exist outside of Fox News and a bunch of US Republican speeches)
You know, it is one thing to make accusations but it falls on deaf ears without substantiating evidence; that is except for those on the left, and looks like you may be one of the culprits.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
You know, it is one thing to make accusations but it falls on deaf ears without substantiating evidence; that is except for those on the left, and looks like you may be one of the culprits.
Actually no, if you are making exaggerated claims such as those people have been making here on RF about Critical Race Theory, it's on you to provide evidence for the facticity of those claims.

Just like, if I were to complain about America's velociraptor problem, it would be on me to provide supporting evidence that this is a serious problem that factually exists. It would not only be rude, but disingenuous of me to ask you for evidence that veliciraptors aren't a widespread plague in America.

Which you of course understand perfectly. That is, after all, in theory the reason why people put up those newspaper articles. (Of course, most of the time, it's just vapid opinion pieces that may accidentally contain references to factual evidence.)

This is just the usual dancing and prancing I've come accustomed to here. Nobody thinks they need to actually substantiate their wailing with facts or even supporting sources. It's all Facebook levels of nonsense hysteria.

Last edited:

esmith

Veteran Member
Actually no, if you are making exaggerated claims such as those people have been making here on RF about Critical Race Theory, it's on you to provide evidence for the facticity of those claims.

Just like, if I were to complain about America's velociraptor problem, it would be on me to provide supporting evidence that this is a serious problem that factually exists. It would not only be rude, but disingenuous of me to ask you for evidence that veliciraptors aren't a widespread plague in America.

Which you of course understand perfectly. That is, after all, in theory the reason why people put up those newspaper articles. (Of course, most of the time, it's just vapid opinion pieces that may accidentally contain references to factual evidence.)

This is just the usual dancing and prancing I've come accustomed to here. Nobody thinks they need to actually substantiate their wailing with facts or even supporting sources. It's all Facebook levels of nonsense hysteria.
And the pot calls the kettle black.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
And the pot calls the kettle black.
And once again, no supporting evidence for a claim to objectivity, not even a logically coherent statement.

It's as if RFers were allergic to well supported arguments.

esmith

Veteran Member
If you don't want to talk to me in a debate you yourself initiated, at least be honest about it and say so to my face.
Due to your attitude I feel it would be a waste of both our times about the subject.

esmith

Veteran Member
Whatever floats your boat, kiddo.

Just be honest with me in the future, alright?
I will use the facts as I know them, and my opinions are based on my lifes experiences and my personal beliefs (non-religious)

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
I will use the facts as I know them, and my opinions are based on my lifes experiences and my personal beliefs (non-religious)
Do you not believe that the same goes for me (and for that matter, everyone else here on RF I can think of)?

esmith

Veteran Member
Do you not believe that the same goes for me (and for that matter, everyone else here on RF I can think of)?
I really don't thik so.
There are some on here that think we only subscribe to what they call right wing media wants us to think.
How say you.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
I really don't thik so.
There are some on here that think we only subscribe to what they call right wing media wants us to think.
How say you.
I say you severely misjudge me and how I form my opinions.