• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Requirments For Entry Into the US

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Nope, arguement for keeping them from crossing the boarder withou proof of vaccination and Covid free
So...

- CBP hasn't been able to keep these people from crossing
- you think they should do what they've so far been unable to do

I'm not really sure what you're calling for.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
From: Biden requiring stricter COVID testing of legal travelers even as illegal immigrants have gotten a pass

"President Biden's enhanced winter COVID-19 strategy that will be announced Thursday will require every traveler entering the country, including returning U.S. citizens, to be tested one day before boarding their flight, according to the CDC. The rule will also apply to vaccinated travelers, who previously were only required to show a negative test no more than three days before their flight."

In addition Biden plans to implement other restrictions on entry into the US
Biden prepares plan requiring foreign travelers to be vaccinated amid border crisis

Now riddle me this.
Is it not more likely that those entering the country by crossing the border on foot more likely to be unvaccinated thus more likley be infected with any and all strains of Covid-19?
"Illegal immigrants have gotten a pass" isn't true.

Is the Biden administration 'not even testing' migrants released in the U.S.? (statesman.com)

"COVID-19 testing protocols have existed at the border under both the present and former administrations. Testing is done via a patchwork of federal agencies, local governments, organizations and contractors at various stages of the immigration process.

In April, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security told PolitiFact that it works with state authorities, local authorities and non-governmental organizations to ensure that “100% of noncitizens” are tested for COVID-19 "at some point during their immigration journey." The agency also has told PolitiFact that a negative coronavirus test is required by the federal government before entry to the U.S."

Once again, an interaction with a conservative consists of showing them that what they're saying simply isn't true.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
Now riddle me this.
Is it not more likely that those entering the country by crossing the border on foot more likely to be unvaccinated thus more likley be infected with any and all strains of Covid-19?
Why would it be more likely, do you have evidence supporting that claim?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
"Illegal immigrants have gotten a pass" isn't true.

Is the Biden administration 'not even testing' migrants released in the U.S.? (statesman.com)

"COVID-19 testing protocols have existed at the border under both the present and former administrations. Testing is done via a patchwork of federal agencies, local governments, organizations and contractors at various stages of the immigration process.

In April, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security told PolitiFact that it works with state authorities, local authorities and non-governmental organizations to ensure that “100% of noncitizens” are tested for COVID-19 "at some point during their immigration journey." The agency also has told PolitiFact that a negative coronavirus test is required by the federal government before entry to the U.S."

Once again, an interaction with a conservative consists of showing them that what they're saying simply isn't true.
Yep, and it reminds me of the movie line "[they] can't handle the truth!".

And here's the thing as well, namely if the talking heads at Fox this evening spouted "Polly wants a cracker!", here at RF tomorrow we'd undoubtedly see a thread "Polly Wants a Cracker!" posted by someone here. [/sarcasm]

Koldo

Outstanding Member
From: Biden requiring stricter COVID testing of legal travelers even as illegal immigrants have gotten a pass

"President Biden's enhanced winter COVID-19 strategy that will be announced Thursday will require every traveler entering the country, including returning U.S. citizens, to be tested one day before boarding their flight, according to the CDC. The rule will also apply to vaccinated travelers, who previously were only required to show a negative test no more than three days before their flight."

In addition Biden plans to implement other restrictions on entry into the US
Biden prepares plan requiring foreign travelers to be vaccinated amid border crisis

Now riddle me this.

And therefore.... ?

Koldo

Outstanding Member
So some thought.
People think all sorts of things.

Some thought so, the others were oblivious.
I am not a republican, nor a democrat, not even an american. I can easily tell I had no horses on that race, and that yes, Trump was the bomb. He could have exploded at any moment.

Audie

Veteran Member
Some thought so, the others were oblivious.
I am not a republican, nor a democrat, not even an american. I can easily tell I had no horses on that race, and that yes, Trump was the bomb. He could have exploded at any moment.
Not "Da bomb?"

esmith

Veteran Member
Yep, and it reminds me of the movie line "[they] can't handle the truth!".

And here's the thing as well, namely if the talking heads at Fox this evening spouted "Polly wants a cracker!", here at RF tomorrow we'd undoubtedly see a thread "Polly Wants a Cracker!" posted by someone here. [/sarcasm]
Well only those that watch media sources like CNN would be dumb enough to believe something like that.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
Well only those that watch media sources like CNN would be dumb enough to believe something like that.
Then how do you explain that people here keep posting about fictional issues that they only could have gotten from conservative talking heads, because the facts on the ground simply don't suggest that there is a problem?
(e.g. CRT in schools, which doesn't exist outside of Fox News and a bunch of US Republican speeches)