• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Religious Movement?

Ellen Brown

I am told that there is a very progressive Church Movement that seems to be spreading through Australia, the UK, and America. I've attended two of them in Portland just out of curiosity. They seem completely uninterested in the issues of Race, or Diversity that would cause a ruction in most conventional Churches, and I say it is about time.

Both Churches I attended had substantial numbers of Hispanic, Black, Asian and other races. I can't say about LGBT folk because I wouldn't know unless someone revealed it.

I imagine Christian conservatives are quite disturbed, and I submit that if they had been doing the will of God, this would not be happening.

Jumi

Northern Europe is pretty much the same. Why would they care for race? It seemed weird to me, even back when Christianity here was way more tied to nationalism. Today they are quite pro-tolerance. In my country these was a transgender (male-to-female, born in 1954) priest. Though she gave up after two years after coming out, because she was in a conservative rural parish. There are many female priests also. Including the previous bishop here.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
I am told that there is a very progressive Church Movement that seems to be spreading through Australia, the UK, and America. I've attended two of them in Portland just out of curiosity. They seem completely uninterested in the issues of Race, or Diversity that would cause a ruction in most conventional Churches, and I say it is about time.

Both Churches I attended had substantial numbers of Hispanic, Black, Asian and other races. I can't say about LGBT folk because I wouldn't know unless someone revealed it.

I imagine Christian conservatives are quite disturbed, and I submit that if they had been doing the will of God, this would not be happening.
I'm all for believing the human race is the only race. But don't trust for a moment that it is a good church simply because it has this right. The People's Temple with Jim Jones was multi-racial and progressive, and they all ended up literally drinking the Kool-Aid.

I think that you'll find most churches are racially progressive, and have congregations that reflect whatever the diversity of their neighborhood is.

I hope that you are able to find a church that loves your uniqueness.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member