• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New religion surrounding Trump

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
Didn't know if this should be in political debates or religious debates. I personally don't want to debate but I know this thread will likely turn into a debate. Don't shoot the messenger I'm just sharing this I find it a bit unnerving. Basically someone created a new religion out of Trump. I dont think it's Christianity. I think it's a brand new religion. Like how Islam arose from Christianity but ain't considered a denomination but a separate religion.
A book was written it's called: Donald J Trump The Son of Man the Christ.
This is the description from Google books President Donald J. Trump, The Son of Man - The Christ
During the presidency of President Donald Trump, it became evident to me that the prophecies about the Son of Man, as predicted by Jesus in the Bible were, to a significant extent, fulfilled at the hands of Mr Trump. The Bible speaks about two different Christs-or Messiahs. Jesus, the Son of God is the one Christ, whereas the Son of Man is the other. Jesus always referred to the Son of Man in the third person. The greatest distinction or significance between the Son of Man and the Son of God (the Lamb) is their respective positions at the throne of God. There are numerous differences between the Son of God and the Son of Man, but overall, people read these scriptures and they do not realize that the Son of God (the Lamb) stands in front of the throne of God, whereas the Son of Man, is positioned on the right hand of God. Jesus spoke about two different killings in the four gospels of the New Testament. People read these scriptures and are unaware that Jesus (the Son of God) predicted his own killing in the first person, as opposed to the several prophecies that He made in respects to the Son of Man who will be crucified. The New Testament speaks about "two Kings;" Jesus, the Son of God, is the "King of the Jews," whereas the Son of Man is the "King of Kings" who will be a world-ruler, and He will rule all the nations (the tribes) of the earth with a rod of iron. This book will explain in depth how "Donald John Trump's" full name literally means: "The Ruler of the World, graced by Yahweh (the LORD) and a descendant of a Drummer." Upon reading this book, the reader will be captivated when they realize how President Donald John Trump fulfilled most of the prophecies as the Son of Man. It speaks about End Time Prophecies and Biblical revelations regarding "President Donald J. Trump, the Son of Man. The Christ

I dont know what else they believe. I just found this out today.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Didn't know if this should be in political debates or religious debates. I personally don't want to debate but I know this thread will likely turn into a debate. Don't shoot the messenger I'm just sharing this I find it a bit unnerving. Basically someone created a new religion out of Trump. I dont think it's Christianity. I think it's a brand new I sreligion. Like how Islam arose from Christianity but ain't considered a denomination but a separate religion.
This is the description from Google books President Donald J. Trump, The Son of Man - The Christ

I see it as pretty strange. Reminds me of how many time people played with names saying that this person or that person is the anti-Christ... all wrong.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Didn't know if this should be in political debates or religious debates. I personally don't want to debate but I know this thread will likely turn into a debate. Don't shoot the messenger I'm just sharing this I find it a bit unnerving. Basically someone created a new religion out of Trump. I dont think it's Christianity. I think it's a brand new religion. Like how Islam arose from Christianity but ain't considered a denomination but a separate religion.

Straight outta Alabama

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
A gimmick for making money, a way of "owning the libs", propaganda by Trump republicans to get out the vote, and a few crazies that will believe anything. It's not even a cult, let alone a religion.
I don't know...have you heard some of these megapastors who talk about Trump constantly like Robin Bullock and Greg Locke? It seems these folk blur religion and politics. They have millions of viewers. Even if the trump megapastors are just spewing propaganda a significant portion of their audience will believe it. Which means likely there is a portion of Americans who believe Trump to be a messiah.

AlexanderG

Seems like how every religion starts. A bit of propaganda, a bit of new interpretation of old stories, a bit of con artistry, and a small core of true believers who will spread the message at all costs.

Trump already has millions of followers who believe things that are objectively, demonstrably false, like the Big Lie, because they desperately want it to be true. What's one more attractive lie in this progression? That's how people came to believe Jesus rose from the dead, Mohammed heard an angel in a cave, and Buddha was sired by a divine elephant.

PureX

Veteran Member
I don't know...have you heard some of these megapastors who talk about Trump constantly like Robin Bullock and Greg Locke? It seems these folk blur religion and politics. They have millions of viewers. Even if the trump megapastors are just spewing propaganda a significant portion of their audience will believe it. Which means likely there is a portion of Americans who believe Trump to be a messiah.
When it comes to religion and politics, you can't pay attention to what people say as though it explains what they actually believe or why they are saying it. Both areas of human engagement are fraught with all manner of deception: self-deception, inadvertent deception, and deliberate deception. And the motives run the gamut from the good and sincere to the obscenely destructive, and from 'woke' to oblivious.

This example is a full on mixture of all of this, and we'd be fools to presume it's cult or religion of the absurdly simple-minded. Because it's not that, at all.

Truth in love

Wow. Well is safe to say I won’t be joining.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara

They're on the wrong meds.

wellwisher

I do not believe the new religion prophesies, but I can see how such things come to be.

Consider the Russian Collusion Scam the Democrats and Swamp ran which bore false witness for many years. It turns out this claim started with Hillary Clinton and was embellished via Russian national, who worked in Washington. She used a middleman buffer; legal firm and British agent. Innocent people were placed in jail and civil rights were violated all because of a Hillary scam that the Left embraced.

Similar things happened to Jesus. Those who feared a loss of power, made Jesus an enemy of the state, even though his actions were good for the people. Trump achieved the lowest unemployment rates for woman and minorities in history. This is not what you would expect of a self serving racist and colluder as implied by the misinformation and propaganda of the Swamp.

Even today, it was traditional for all former Presidents to take materials, from their time in office, for their future Presidential Library. This is part of a future history museum, which even Obama did. This was the first time the Pharisees treated this tradition as the worse thing since nuclear war. No President has even had so much organized government force, harassing him, in and out of office, simply because he symbolized justice due; drain the Swamp. Trump is not an enemy of the state, but an enemy of the corruption within the state. Those corrupt players have not yet been brought to justice They keep escaping justice, doubling down. They hoped to use the raid to find dirt on Trump, to keep Trump from regaining power, since Trump is ready for revenge and justice. He will not make the same mistakes as the first time in office.

The FBI has buried the Hunter Biden Laptop story to protect Biden and his son. This election interference has not been addressed. It would have made a big difference if the system was honest. The Biden behavior was common knowledge in Washington and was also done by many others; swamp. Trump used to be a large donor to Democrats, so he knew the game. This corruption in Government is controlled by the same people who are after Trump.

In the biblical stories, the good guy is treated like a criminal by the Pharisees and their incited mob. They have their way with Jesus. There is a second coming, where the oppressed reverses the fortunes of the criminals.

I can see how people who see this lingering injustice, want to believe that Justice will be served. Luckily for Trump he is rich and can get the best Private sector lawyers and tends to beat the career bureaucrat lawyers of Uncle Sam in a fair fight. The Swamp cannot easily indebt Trump, like they did to General Flynn, who was threatened and blackmailed; will go after this son, so he would deny his affiliation with Trump. "This very night, before the rooster crows, you will disown me three times."

I am not saying Trump is a religion figure, but in times of social division and upheaval people tend to read into the signs of the times, and this time is run by the corrupt, which are being pushed back to the river. The last stand is coming, so expect more fireworks. It is like the underdog Ukraine pushing Russia back. They can do this because right is on their side and new allies see this.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member

Owen Morgan has been doing stories on this for a long time. I recommend his channel.

It is fascinating to see how quickly a new religion can be formed, and from total garbage.

In 10 years, will Trumpism be a fully recognized religion with churches and scripture and rituals? Maybe.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Even today, it was traditional for all former Presidents to take materials, from their time in office, for their future Presidential Library. This is part of a future history museum, which even Obama did.
Totally false.

But it works as religious dogma.

Interesting, I think that is utterly wrong and not Biblical. And I have difficulties to believe someone would actually be forming a religion around Trump.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
This example is a full on mixture of all of this, and we'd be fools to presume it's cult or religion of the absurdly simple-minded. Because it's not that, at all.
I don't think there is any self deception. It's possible it's a very deliberate thing to make money, with no actual belief from the author. But it's likely to sell.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Interesting, I think that is utterly wrong and not Biblical. And I have difficulties to believe someone would actually be forming a religion around Trump.
Ever heard of “cargo cults”? Look it up if you are interested (or just bored).

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady

Sadly, I think this is coloring right wing Christianity and making it even more unbearable to outsiders. Hey, the more they make a stink about normal things, the general public will see them as even more out of touch with reality, judgmental, bigoted and narrow minded than before. Unfortunately, the more the religion declines, the more outrageous they will become. Maybe it's a death spiral. Hopefully anyway. That is sad that the Christian Left has to suffer because of the antics of the looney right wing ones. I hope the right wing half of Christianity can resurrect to become more Christ-like. It may but I think it has to die for that to happen.