• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NEW RELIGION FLOWCHART>>> Tell me where you end up

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
I came up as secular humanist. Not accurate, but kinda fair enough, all things considered.

I have come up with my own simple religion flowchart.

1. Do you believe in <insert True religion here>?

Yes - Then you are a <insert True religion here>

No - Then you will suffer from <insert punishment here>

Sure, it's crappy and simplistic, but I've met a few people who would happily use it. ..

Why isn't that accurate?

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
I came out with TE = Tenrikyo a Japanese religion I have never heard of before.

Looked it up in Wikipedia:

Tenrikyo (, Tenrikyō?), sometimes rendered as Tenriism,[1] is a new religion which is neither [strictly mono]theistic nor pantheistic, originating from the teachings of a 19th-century Japanese woman named Nakayama Miki, known to her followers as Oyasama.[2] Followers of Tenrikyo believe that God of Origin, God in Truth,[3] known by several names including "Tsukihi,"[4] "Tenri-Ō-no-Mikoto,"[5] and "Oyagamisama (God the Parent)"[6] revealed divine intent through Miki Nakayama as the Shrine of God,[7] and to a lesser extent the roles of the Honseki Izo Iburi and other leaders. Tenrikyo's worldly aim is to teach and promote the Joyous Life, which is cultivated through acts of charity and mindfulness called hinokishin.

I have little opinion yet on this.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Why isn't that accurate?

Because any resemblance I have to a secular humanist is happenstance. I don't subscribe nor study nor claim to be a secular humanist.

I suspect certain aspects of my personal life philosophy/world view is similar though.

GoodbyeDave

It said I was SH but never explained what that meant — I trust it full word was meant to have more than 4 letters.

Like most such things it was pretty useless for non-monotheists. Buddhists do not deny divine beings (I hasten to say I'm talking about people in Burma or Thailand, not self-defined Westerners), Chinese Pagans don't believe in reincarnation, etc, etc.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
I couldn't even get passed the opening question (due to its poor construction) and into the flow chart.

I did, however, notice this immediate logical disconnect in the flow chart:

Do you believe in Divine Beings?
No
Do you believe YOU are a Divine Being?
Yes

ASAT (which I assume is Atheistic Satanist)

Logical disconnect: how can you believe you are a Divine Being if you don't believe in Divine Beings? (Conclusion: opening question is poorly defined, poorly constructed, and skewed.)

Talmai

I got the first one on the list: African Methodist Episcopal Church. :hushed:

But! I'm a Lutheran with Irish, Scandinavian, and Western European ancestry! Change it back! :tearsofjoy:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
"Do You Hate Everybody? --- Yes ---- Westboro Baptist Church" LMAO!!!
Other than that, it was pretty pointless to me. Any way I went, what I could depending on how I answered things weren't even listed at the bottom.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
It said I was SH but never explained what that meant — I trust it full word was meant to have more than 4 letters.

Like most such things it was pretty useless for non-monotheists. Buddhists do not deny divine beings (I hasten to say I'm talking about people in Burma or Thailand, not self-defined Westerners), Chinese Pagans don't believe in reincarnation, etc, etc.
I'd guess SH would stand for Shinto, since it isn't listed at the bottom and is frequently listed among world religions.

By the way, there are plenty of terms starting with SH with more than four letters that could apply...:p:eek:o_O:rolleyes:

Akivah

The only way you get to Judaism on the flowchart is if you hold a belief in reincarnation and there are many Jews who do not accept the concept of gilgul.

But if you answer NO to reincarnation and you don't follow an Eastern religion, then you MUST follow Islam. Oy Rabbi, say it ain't so! :confused:

Animore

This is great, thanks. Do you know any other, possibly more complex religion-type quizzes/flow maps?