• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

questfortruth

Sorry. I was explaining your post to someone at the same time I was typing and garbled that a bit.

Statement A has negation. The negation is also statement. Statement B.

Statement A has reasoning D.
Statement B has reasoning H.
The D is not H.

Where is here the contradiction?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

The D is not H.

I am a little baffled...the OP tittel is "New proof of Jesus"

But this thread has nothing to do about Jesus :confused:
I can't see coherant writing :oops:

ppp

The D is not H.

We are talking about logical negations, not linguistic negations. A logical negation is exclusive. D & not-D are negations of one another. Not-D includes H, and J, and U and every other logical possibility that is not encompassed by D.

The negation of "Statement A has reasoning D." must necessarily be "Statement A does not have reasoning D."

ppp

The D is not H.

Don't know if this will help or not. Everything in the circle is A, Everything outside the circle is not-A.

upload_2022-1-17_1-15-37.png

questfortruth

Don't know if this will help or not. Everything in the circle is A, Everything outside the circle is not-A.
Of course, the A is never the not-A. But they can both be true. Look:

For example, if you are a passenger on the city bus, then during the travel there are moments when the bus approaches the final destination (measured by the traveled path). However, the direct distance (bird-fly distance between bus and its destination) increases.

ppp

Of course, the A is never the not-A. But they can both be true.
Nope.
Everything has to be wholly in the circle, or wholly out. That is what the law of noncontradiction is. You are trying to insist on using common English. Get over it.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I want to find a person who would sincerely admire my thoughts. If such a person cannot be found, then one should not look for it, and even run from it. And then, the almighty Jesus will make a miracle. How often you feel perfect connection, while communication?

Consider an area of knowledge, for example, General Relativity. If you know everything about this theory, then you will also know that someone knows everything about this theory. Therefore, there must be a God. He knows everything about everything.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/356587583_RIEMANN_HYPOTHESIS_AND_BASIS_OF_KNOWLEDGE
So where is your 'New Proof for Jesus'?

questfortruth

That is what the law of noncontradiction is.

However, the non-contradictory law of Aristotle's logic ``a statement and its opposite cannot be both true in the same relation'' can never be violated in mathematics, as any statement has its reasoning and the anti-statement has its reasoning. Hence, they do not hold in the same relation. They are related to different reasons.

ppp

However, the non-contradictory law of Aristotle's logic ``a statement and its opposite cannot be both true in the same relation'' can never be violated in mathematics, as any statement has its reasoning and the anti-statement has its reasoning. Hence, they do not hold in the same relation. They are related to different reasons.

I told you what it meant. Listen or don't you. It's not my problem.

Clara Tea

I want to find a person who would sincerely admire my thoughts. If such a person cannot be found, then one should not look for it, and even run from it. And then, the almighty Jesus will make a miracle. How often you feel perfect connection, while communication?

Consider an area of knowledge, for example, General Relativity. If you know everything about this theory, then you will also know that someone knows everything about this theory. Therefore, there must be a God. He knows everything about everything.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/356587583_RIEMANN_HYPOTHESIS_AND_BASIS_OF_KNOWLEDGE

Few know about General Relativity. So, you can mention it, and people will be baffled. Once baffled, you can con them into believing God.

So, instead of talking about the knowledge of General Relativity, lets talk about knowledge of something more down to earth (so people won't get baffled).

Lets talk about opening a can of tuna with a can opener.

We can now use your argument, but apply it to can openers:

If you know how to use a can opener, and someone else knows how to use a can opener, there must be a God because God knows everything.

You can see that it is necessary to baffle people in order to convince them, and without baffling them, your arguments fail to convince.

MyM

How nice. Can you find flaws in it?

How can they be related? Knowing something doesn't put us on the same level as God. In Islam, we know that God already knows everything. Opening a can of tuna will not change that in the least but it will just show that you know how to open a can of tuna and so do others.