• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Poem that STINKS!!!

jimbob

The Celt
Any good? It doesn't mean i'm sad or anything, its just that i've never written anything that's sort of dark, and sad before. i thought i would let ya'll critique my work :)biglaugh: thats not work!!!)

The day is empty
Dead of life
Dull and bland
Edged on a knife

The plants are wilted
The sky is gray
The day has come
Today’s the day

Stars gleam dimly
Heavens calm
Noise is deaf now
Figures guam

Bitter cold bites
With jaws of steel
Winds howl
Leaving sense without feel

Light is now
Only a ghost
Those who remember
Miss it the most

jimbob

The Celt
I honestly haven't a clue what i was writting. I scribbled it out in a couple minutes and just liked the rhyme scheme. I guess i sounds kinda like death, but i didn't put it down to mean that.

Sagira

Hmm. It just doesn't flow for me. That's probably just me, though.

I end up reading it all choppy-like.

johnnys4life

Pro-life Mommy
I love it, except 2 things. Figures guam? What is guam, and even if I knew what it was, I just don't like that word. Secondly, "leaving sense without feel" just doesn't seem to fit there, I think it's too long for that particular line. Hope that helps, the rest is great! You really have some talent, and Idon't say that to just anyone!!

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Don't worry, Jimbob, poetry is like everything else - very personal. I am the onlyone who reads mine - at least I think it's good!! Yours is fine.:)

jimbob

The Celt
Thanks for all the help. Guam is a word that is used to say something is outlined and solitary. Figures Guam, means that figures stand darlky outlined, alone, solitary.