• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New phone and app updates

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I was already looking online and playing with my new phone today and wanted to ask you guys as a last resort.

I just got a new phone since my other I dropped in the lake and went out. It's a Pixel 4 google phone. I'm trying to finish the updates (it says app updates are ready connect to wi-fi to continue). Is there another way to perform app updates where I don't need a wi-fi connection?

I've looked at the VPN, restarted the phone, set the phone so it can download etc over all networks (so on my phone network), cleared cache (although I had this phone not even 12 hours), worked with permissions, settings, and so forth. I can't find a good resource online that is specific to this.

Do I need a wi-fi connection to do app updates or is there another way to finish this. I was trying to download apps-but I was reading online as well-that apps won't download (google play store) unless all the updates are loaded.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
These are the instructions:

How to enable automatic updates on Android
Follow these steps to enable automatic updates on Android:
  1. Open Google Play Store.
  2. Touch the hamburger icon in the top-left, swipe up and choose Settings.
  3. Under General, tap Auto-update apps.
  4. If you want updates over Wi-Fi only, choose the third option: Auto-update apps over Wi-Fi only.
  5. If you want updates as and when they become available, choose the second option: Auto-update apps at any time.
Remember, as Google informs you with the latter one, app updates will be downloaded over mobile data, which will eat into your cellular plan. Be sure that’s what you want.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
These are the instructions:

How to enable automatic updates on Android
Follow these steps to enable automatic updates on Android:
  1. Open Google Play Store.
  2. Touch the hamburger icon in the top-left, swipe up and choose Settings.
  3. Under General, tap Auto-update apps.
  4. If you want updates over Wi-Fi only, choose the third option: Auto-update apps over Wi-Fi only.
  5. If you want updates as and when they become available, choose the second option: Auto-update apps at any time.
Remember, as Google informs you with the latter one, app updates will be downloaded over mobile data, which will eat into your cellular plan. Be sure that’s what you want.

I've done that, though. There's got to be something I'm missing I didn't do.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
I was already looking online and playing with my new phone today and wanted to ask you guys as a last resort.

I just got a new phone since my other I dropped in the lake and went out. It's a Pixel 4 google phone. I'm trying to finish the updates (it says app updates are ready connect to wi-fi to continue). Is there another way to perform app updates where I don't need a wi-fi connection?

I've looked at the VPN, restarted the phone, set the phone so it can download etc over all networks (so on my phone network), cleared cache (although I had this phone not even 12 hours), worked with permissions, settings, and so forth. I can't find a good resource online that is specific to this.

Do I need a wi-fi connection to do app updates or is there another way to finish this. I was trying to download apps-but I was reading online as well-that apps won't download (google play store) unless all the updates are loaded.
I would check to see if in your settings there is a setting called something like "only use wifi for large downloads."

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
The apps won't load until I finish the setup. I can't because I don't have wifi. Its set to use my mobil network but doesn't give me the option to choose it.

I can download apps once I finish the setup. Is there another way I can finish the setup without needing wifi?