• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New on the Board

Shadow Link

Who am I to God?
Welcome!
The shortest answer probably lies somewhere in the way of obtaining a perspective that this Master motive/reasoning must become the subject of becoming a potential for God's very own glory.

All interpretations hinge heavily upon the direction and discipline of a mans own practicality. From such, he obtains understanding, becoming himself an example/illustration - always and preferably without the strong whiff of personal gain (A.K.A - pride).

As sociopaths? o_O

I disremember "Sociopaths" being referenced in Lukes Book of Acts of the Apostles.

Me too. :D

Did you mean to say "Me two?" Or "Me also?"

I agree....and I also believe that too many people judge more on the opinions of others than they do on their own first hand experience. Jesus was a victim of that, wasn't he?

Jesus was a victim of instructing ignorant people who preferred ignorance over knowledge.

Jesus explained it this way...

John 15:22 If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloke for their sin. 23 He that hateth me hateth my Father also. 24 If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father. 25 But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.

Indeed....and isn't it a shame that the latter is the comfort zone of the majority. :(

Not only is it a shame, it can be very destructive.

Psalm 109:3 They compassed me about also with words of hatred; and fought against me without a cause. 4 For my love they are my adversaries: but I give myself unto prayer. 5 And they have rewarded me evil for good, and hatred for my love.

Welcome!
The shortest answer probably lies somewhere in the way of obtaining a perspective that this Master motive/reasoning must become the subject of becoming a potential for God's very own glory.

All interpretations hinge heavily upon the direction and discipline of a mans own practicality. From such, he obtains understanding, becoming himself an example/illustration - always and preferably without the strong whiff of personal gain (A.K.A - pride).

I like that!

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
I disremember "Sociopaths" being referenced in Lukes Book of Acts of the Apostles.

Your response was a bit confusing.....

You said...."The only true Jehovah's Witnesses are described in Luke's second book, as..."
Then you quoted Howard Is, who said....
"Sociopaths, narcissists and psychopaths have a lot in common, but the clinical definition of a psychopath is someone born that way, whereas narcissism and sociopathy are caused by some circumstance or trauma.

You are definitely right that sociopaths are created by traumatizing experiences."

What did you mean? By that little word "as", were you inferring that JW's are sociopaths? Because that is what it looked like.

You need to be very specific in your comments, otherwise things can be misconstrued.....unless you wanted to be deliberately insulting that is.....? o_O

Did you mean to say "Me two?" Or "Me also?"
Are we giving lessons in semantics too? :shrug: "Too" means "also"...doesn't it?

Jesus was a victim of instructing ignorant people who preferred ignorance over knowledge.

Jesus explained it this way...

John 15:22 If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloke for their sin. 23 He that hateth me hateth my Father also. 24 If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father. 25 But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.

Yes he did......but apart from my intense dislike for the archaic English, isn't this scripture just a confirmation of what I said? Jesus suffered the same problem as modern day Christians do....fighting among themselves over who is right. Jesus unified one group among his own disunited religion and invited others to join him....there is a parallel in our own time, but the devil has managed to fracture Christianity way more than he splintered Judaism. That makes the choices even harder for the majority.....but I believe that God knows his own and his Shepherd will guide them into all truth.

Not only is it a shame, it can be very destructive.

Psalm 109:3 They compassed me about also with words of hatred; and fought against me without a cause. 4 For my love they are my adversaries: but I give myself unto prayer. 5 And they have rewarded me evil for good, and hatred for my love.

Comfort zones can be very destructive because people fall into them after generations of believing the same lies. Their confidence is misplaced IMO. What passes for "Christianity" today will not pass muster when Jesus himself says that the "many" are on the wrong road....only "few" are on the right one. (Matthew 7:13-14; Matthew 7:21-23) So claiming to be a Christians and being recognized by Christ as one, are two completely different things.

This creates a dilemma then, doesn't it? Who are the true Christians who are doing the will of the Father?

What do you think?

Your response was a bit confusing.....

You said...."The only true Jehovah's Witnesses are described in Luke's second book, as..."
Then you quoted Howard Is, who said....
"Sociopaths, narcissists and psychopaths have a lot in common, but the clinical definition of a psychopath is someone born that way, whereas narcissism and sociopathy are caused by some circumstance or trauma.

You are definitely right that sociopaths are created by traumatizing experiences."

What did you mean? By that little word "as", were you inferring that JW's are sociopaths? Because that is what it looked like.

I had several posts wind up on the wrong response. Having trouble figuring out the board system.

Sorry 'bout that!

You need to be very specific in your comments, otherwise things can be misconstrued.....unless you wanted to be deliberately insulting that is.....? o_O

Never ever! I do not purposely insult or even want to disagree, but try to find some commonality with which I can agree, so as not to be considered just another "know-it-all," which seems to say "My position is the only correct one." I wouldn't like me either if that were the case.

Are we giving lessons in semantics too? :shrug: "Too" means "also"...doesn't it?

Bit of humor, that's all!

Yes he did......but apart from my intense dislike for the archaic English, isn't this scripture just a confirmation of what I said?

Yup!

Jesus suffered the same problem as modern day Christians do....fighting among themselves over who is right. Jesus unified one group among his own disunited religion and invited others to join him....there is a parallel in our own time, but the devil has managed to fracture Christianity way more than he splintered Judaism. That makes the choices even harder for the majority.....but I believe that God knows his own and his Shepherd will guide them into all truth.

Agree!

Comfort zones can be very destructive because people fall into them after generations of believing the same lies. Their confidence is misplaced IMO. What passes for "Christianity" today will not pass muster when Jesus himself says that the "many" are on the wrong road....only "few" are on the right one. (Matthew 7:13-14; Matthew 7:21-23) So claiming to be a Christians and being recognized by Christ as one, are two completely different things.

This creates a dilemma then, doesn't it? Who are the true Christians who are doing the will of the Father?

What do you think?
I have two completely different thoughts about that.

CategoryOne)I think every Christian who is doing the will of the Father, will know it. The problem that leaves me with is, those who do not know the Father think their own understanding is correct.

Two) I wonder about some who we think are wrong, but are being true to what they believe with all their soul, are somehow closer than some who fall into category one. Mother Theresa comes to mind; she lived among Lepers, serving them most of her adult life.

But again I fear that may be just that I am judging her, and that is not mine to do. It becomes a complex issue to me.

Thanks for the input and the correction.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
I had several posts wind up on the wrong response. Having trouble figuring out the board system.

Sorry 'bout that!

Thanks for the clarification. :) I appreciate that.

Never ever! I do not purposely insult or even want to disagree, but try to find some commonality with which I can agree, so as not to be considered just another "know-it-all," which seems to say "My position is the only correct one." I wouldn't like me either if that were the case.

Thanks for that too. It is not my place to insult anyone either, but when we only have words and no body language, there is great potential for misunderstanding. This is not a Christian site....it is represented by many different faiths, so we have to search for the appropriate forums to post in.

I have two completely different thoughts about that.

CategoryOne)I think every Christian who is doing the will of the Father, will know it. The problem that leaves me with is, those who do not know the Father think their own understanding is correct.

Yes, it is a dilemma for many who desire to serve God as Jesus instructed by taking the message of salvation out to the people as “sheep among wolves”. But the reality is, it cannot be accomplished as a one man band. We needs a brotherhood with whom to meet and worship. (Hebrews 10:24-25) And an organised approach to the work he assigned. (Matthew 10:11-15: Matthew 28:19-20) There must be one message heralded by one body of Christians who are “doing the will of the Father”. The Bible says that they would exist....we just have to find them. (John 13:34-35)

Two) I wonder about some who we think are wrong, but are being true to what they believe with all their soul, are somehow closer than some who fall into category one. Mother Theresa comes to mind; she lived among Lepers, serving them most of her adult life.

God is the judge of a person’s heart. It stands to reason that there were some among the Pharisees who were drawn to Jesus, but there was such pressure to conform to their own teachings that men like Nicodemus would have to have the courage to stand up and be counted. (John 7:45-52; John 19:38-40)

It is not only by their actions, but also the beliefs they hold, that determines who is acceptable to God or not. Mother Teresa was a champion of the poor in her country, and often at odds with her own church for failing to support her. But she was still part of that institution. One that I personally believe is the “mother” of all counterfeit Christianity. Holding beliefs that dishonour God is not the way to “do the will of the Father”. :(

We see “Babylon the great” in Revelation 18:4-5 as the devil’s world empire of false worship. Christendom is the most reprehensible part of his empire...the “weeds” of Jesus’ parable. (Matthew 13:36-43) these are the ones we believe, who try to defend themselves at the judgment, but unsuccessfully....(Matthew 7:21-23)

There are many great humanitarians in the world who identify as atheists. So it isn’t just good works that are meaningful to God....we can’t earn a place in paradise by good works alone.....we first have to love God with our whole being, as well as loving our neighbor as ourselves. You can’t have one without the other.

For first century Christians, it meant separating from a corrupted religious system. It means the same today because, unless we get out of “Babylon the great” we will go down with her. (Revelation 18:4-5)

But again I fear that may be just that I am judging her, and that is not mine to do. It becomes a complex issue to me.

Thanks for the input and the correction.

That is why it’s good to just get on with the work, and leave the judging to the one who knows the hearts of all of us. We can judge beliefs and practices, because we need to evaluate what is acceptable to God and what isn’t......but we can never judge people’s hearts.

Thanks for your welcome response.