• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New on the Board

I am nearing the last mile, and it seems it will be a relief from a very dangerous place to live. I am amazed when I go into my study and read and meditate lessons from God, and ponder "Why am I even noticed?"

I see a lot of posts on boards all over the net, wondering "What is God" and how I am involved.
I take a different view.

Who am I to God?

He created a world for my wonder, and blesses me with all the needs of life for over eight decades so far.
And I still find new discoveries about Him that amaze.

Did you know God repents?

Did you know He created Evil?

And I know why.

And He laughs at the sinner who thinks he has outsmarted God.

Sometimes He removes babies and innocent children from the bad that is coming upon a nation. Then listens to a Mother's lament "Why did God let my baby die?"

But He always allows Humanity to repent and become blessed in His grace and love. Only after warnings and patience does He act in a final determination.

And I fear for this nation more now than ever before.

Homosexuality and baby murder are what makes this nation unrecoverable. And we are now in the sad situation of actually considering a Homosexual for President?

In just a few more years, when the elders look for a Doctor to cure their ills, or look for a Lawyer to help them through a legal maze, or if they just look for a Grocer to provide easy access to food, they will ask "Where are all the Doctors, (or lawyers, or grocers); and I will dry my eyes and simply say "YOU ABORTED THEM."

Or when the nation becomes so filled with other nationals and strangers, overwhelming the white and black communities, we will have brought in so many people of different races and societies with different ideas, and customs, who will change this nation and we will become the minorities in all categories.

And God will smile at our trepidations, until finally He will just shake His ancient head and laugh at our fears.

danieldemol

Premium Member
I am nearing the last mile, and it seems it will be a relief from a very dangerous place to live. I am amazed when I go into my study and read and meditate lessons from God, and ponder "Why am I even noticed?"

I see a lot of posts on boards all over the net, wondering "What is God" and how I am involved.
I take a different view.

Who am I to God?

He created a world for my wonder, and blesses me with all the needs of life for over eight decades so far.
And I still find new discoveries about Him that amaze.

Did you know God repents?

Did you know He created Evil?

And I know why.

And He laughs at the sinner who thinks he has outsmarted God.

Sometimes He removes babies and innocent children from the bad that is coming upon a nation. Then listens to a Mother's lament "Why did God let my baby die?"

But He always allows Humanity to repent and become blessed in His grace and love. Only after warnings and patience does He act in a final determination.

And I fear for this nation more now than ever before.

Homosexuality and baby murder are what makes this nation unrecoverable. And we are now in the sad situation of actually considering a Homosexual for President?

In just a few more years, when the elders look for a Doctor to cure their ills, or look for a Lawyer to help them through a legal maze, or if they just look for a Grocer to provide easy access to food, they will ask "Where are all the Doctors, (or lawyers, or grocers); and I will dry my eyes and simply say "YOU ABORTED THEM."

Or when the nation becomes so filled with other nationals and strangers, overwhelming the white and black communities, we will have brought in so many people of different races and societies with different ideas, and customs, who will change this nation and we will become the minorities in all categories.

And God will smile at our trepidations, until finally He will just shake His ancient head and laugh at our fears.
Welcome to RF, and thanks for the laughs

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
20191130_155133.jpg

WalterTrull

Godfella
Hey there Theo. Doesn't sound like you're a happy puppy. Sorry 'bout that.
Unfortunately, "homosexuality" kinda gives you away. Welcome to the club of this side of 70. Bunch of us around. I don't think any of us "know" God. I sure would love to, but... Lookin' for some water walkers, but I haven't found any yet. Wouldn't that be cool?

danieldemol

Premium Member
There is no evil in the insect world. There is a good talk on that by Abdul'baha in Some Answered Questions. You may enjoy that answer.

Some Answered Questions | Bahá’í Reference Library

Regards Tony
I’m not really convinced that what He said logically follows.

Consider this:
‘the venom is evil, or rather, those elements are evil in relation to each other, while in their own reality they are both good.

To summarize, one thing may be evil in relation to another but not evil within the limits of its own being. It follows therefore that there is no evil in existence’

So for example when the wasp lays its eggs into a grub, and the baby larvae eat the grub alive, or when fly maggots eat the brain of a live sheep, or when crows peck out the eyes of a sheep, leaving it to bleed to death through its eye sockets, what Abdul-Baha is saying is that because these things weren’t evil to the wasp or the maggot or the crow therefore “there is no evil in existence”?

Sounds more like a denial of evil than something which logically “follows”.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I’m not really convinced that what He said logically follows.

Consider this:
‘the venom is evil, or rather, those elements are evil in relation to each other, while in their own reality they are both good.

To summarize, one thing may be evil in relation to another but not evil within the limits of its own being. It follows therefore that there is no evil in existence’

So for example when the wasp lays its eggs into a grub, and the baby larvae eat the grub alive, or when fly maggots eat the brain of a live sheep, or when crows peck out the eyes of a sheep, leaving it to bleed to death through its eye sockets, what Abdul-Baha is saying is that because these things weren’t evil to the wasp or the maggot or the crow therefore “there is no evil in existence”?

Yes, your choice of how you see this creation, to which to me is perfect for it purpose.

Each of us to find that purpose by our own selves and impart into our own lives.

Regards Tony

Howard Is

Lucky Mud

For me, evil requires malicious intent to cause unnecessary suffering. So the wasp laying eggs in a host isn’t evil. If it is evil, then all of nature is evil, because all creatures feed on whatever their genes incline them to. Animals, insects, fish and fowl, even bacteria and viruses (most of Gaia’s biomass) show no mercy when killing and devouring.

For this reason, the notion of the material world being impure, corrupt, ‘not spiritual’, characterises a lot of religious belief. It becomes life-hating and fuels the need for a belief in a transcendent realm, or after-life, to cope.

danieldemol

Premium Member
For me, evil requires malicious intent to cause unnecessary suffering.
It’s an interesting idea, but holding this thought would only change the question of “why does God allow evil” to “why does God allow unnecessary suffering?”.