• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Ohio law allows students to be scientifically wrong.

dad

Undefeated
Are you saying you believe I'm like Jesus?

I see you acknowledge that you know the Bible verses that show God is OK with Rape and Slavery.
Typo.

As for slavery, He will abolish it He hates it, and it only exists because of people that reject Him.

dad

Undefeated
Here you are again-- you so value my opinion, that you cannot resist showing how wrong you are, yet again.

This is most amusing.
If you have an opinion on topic, regarding education, fine. If you think ranting and blaspheming and badmouthing God, or Scripture is interesting, sorry. No.

Bob the Unbeliever

If you have an opinion on topic, regarding education, fine. If you think ranting and blaspheming and badmouthing God, or Scripture is interesting, sorry. No.

I don't need opinion-- I have fact. But you don't care about fact, or if what you "know" is even rational, accurate or moral. Faith is absolutely useless to discover what is true, accurate and rational.

You've demonstrated time and time again, that you worship an immoral being who promotes slavery-- and you have shown you have no problem with that.

Here's a challenge: Pray to your god to come down and make me stop "badmouthing" it.

Can you do that? Is your god capable of making me stop?

Or? Do you know, deep-down, that you dare not even make the attempt-- because you know it will fail to 100%, every time...

I've had this challenge out to True Believers™ since 2005-- and so far? I'm still here, not stopped, no interaction on the part of ... "god"...

Bob the Unbeliever

Typo.

As for slavery, He will abolish it He hates it, and it only exists because of people that reject Him.

100% false. The bible, Exodus 21, is very clear that God is not only okay with slavery, he goes out of his way to explain how to get more slaves, and how to trick even Hebrews--who should be immune-- into becoming Slaves For Life.

There is absolutely NO verse in the bible that supports your claim...!

Bob the Unbeliever

Really. And you are incapable of clicking the "EDIT" button? Or posting, at a minimum, a follow-up post with a correction?

No-- I think your post was a Freudian Slip-- you accidentally posted something true... your subconscious mind came forward.

tas8831

A kid has a perfect right to express an opinion different than his teacher's but if he did it on a test that opinion would be marked "wrong".

I f I were teaching a class on, say, neuroanatomy (which I have), and I gave and exam and a question was 'What is the area of the brain associated with generating the motor impulses related to speech called?' and some ignoramus pseudo-know-it-all wrote something stupid like "broccas area", or that there was a "bifurcated" region in the "middle of the brain" I would mark it wrong, because it is wrong. Such a student's answer is wrong whether they sincerely believe otherwise or not, and if they complained that they were entitled to their religious opinion, like a whiny spoiled brat, I would take off more points.

dad

Undefeated
I don't need opinion-- I have fact.
Then post it, rather than cheer leading educated ignoramuses.

Here's a challenge: Pray to your god to come down and make me stop "badmouthing" it.
Actually, I would prefer you repent and get saved.

I've had this challenge out to True Believers™ since 2005-- and so far? I'm still here, not stopped, no interaction on the part of ... "god"...
We all get stopped eventually. Be ready.

dad

Undefeated
100% false. The bible, Exodus 21, is very clear that God is not only okay with slavery, he goes out of his way to explain how to get more slaves, and how to trick even Hebrews--who should be immune-- into becoming Slaves For Life.

There is absolutely NO verse in the bible that supports your claim...!
No. That was written for Israel in a certain time when slavery was a part of societies. God gives them ways to be fair, unlike the neighboring heathen. If you look at Jesus and the rest of the bible it is clear He sets people free.

cladking

I f I were teaching a class on, say, neuroanatomy (which I have), and I gave and exam and a question was 'What is the area of the brain associated with generating the motor impulses related to speech called?' and some ignoramus pseudo-know-it-all wrote something stupid like "broccas area", or that there was a "bifurcated" region in the "middle of the brain" I would mark it wrong, because it is wrong. Such a student's answer is wrong whether they sincerely believe otherwise or not, and if they complained that they were entitled to their religious opinion, like a whiny spoiled brat, I would take off more points.

If I were teaching a class on logic or semantics and someone kept twisting the meanings of words then I'd have to mark it wrong even if they didn't understand that word meaning is always derived from context.

They can choose to deconstruct a lesson such that it makes no sense but they better get the "right" answer for the test.

dad

Undefeated
Really. And you are incapable of clicking the "EDIT" button? Or posting, at a minimum, a follow-up post with a correction?

No-- I think your post was a Freudian Slip-- you accidentally posted something true... your subconscious mind came forward.
Hey, get a crystal ball maybe? Or perhaps one of these booths..

serveimage

Trying to make a mountain out of a typo molehill is knavish.

ecco

Veteran Member
There are no "civil rights" listed in the Constitution nor its amendments written on the barn by the dogs each night.

Every citizen is supposed to have liberty and to be able to pursue happiness. This includes not being shot by police while trying to help injured children.

But now we teach children that there are no right answers and we all have a right not to be offended.
Gee. Someone wakes up on the wrong side of the bed.

ecco

Veteran Member
Nope. Your biased view of God has resemblance to Jesus.

Are you saying you believe I'm like Jesus?

I see you acknowledge that you know the Bible verses that show God is OK with Rape and Slavery.

Typo? A typo is supposed to explain you saying: "Your biased view of God has resemblance to Jesus" and not meaning to compare me to Jesus? That seems more of a Freudian slip than a typo. But, if it was a typo, I'll give you the opportunity to change a few letters and repost it.

More nonsense. He authorized it. He set the rules for owning and treating slaves. He didn't set these guidelines for people who hated Him. He set the guidelines for the people who were His followers. Don't you understand your own scripture?

Also, I see you ducked the rape allegation altogether. There are several instances of God authorizing rape and at least one instance of God facilitating rape and actually partaking in the crime.

dad

Undefeated

Typo? A typo is supposed to explain you saying: "Your biased view of God has resemblance to Jesus" and not meaning to compare me to Jesus? That seems more of a Freudian slip than a typo. But, if it was a typo, I'll give you the opportunity to change a few letters and repost it.

OK..'your biased view of God has no resemblance to the views expressed by Jesus'.

Feel better?

More nonsense. He authorized it. He set the rules for owning and treating slaves. He didn't set these guidelines for people who hated Him. He set the guidelines for the people who were His followers. Don't you understand your own scripture?
He worked with a wicked world that He was setting a nation up to save!

Also, I see you ducked the rape allegation altogether. There are several instances of God authorizing rape and at least one instance of God facilitating rape and actually partaking in the crime.
Verse?

Bob the Unbeliever

Then post it, rather than cheer leading educated ignoramuses..

Except... .I'm NOT cheering you-- I'm disagreeing with your religions bigotry. Ooops!

You're wrong... again.

Actually, I would prefer you repent and get saved..

Saved from what? Rationality?
We all get stopped eventually. Be ready.

Empty hate-threat from a god who is incapable of doing anything.

Bob the Unbeliever

No. That was written for Israel in a certain time when slavery was a part of societies. God gives them ways to be fair, unlike the neighboring heathen. If you look at Jesus and the rest of the bible it is clear He sets people free.

No. It was not. Exodus 21 applies to everyone who claims the Bible is a "moral" book.

Exodus 21 is the bible god promoting slavery: tells people where, how and whom to get slaves from.

It even tells them how to trick Hebrews into becoming slaves for life.

It's immoral, and evil.

Bob the Unbeliever

OK..'your biased view of God has no resemblance to the views expressed by Jesus'..

That would be another false-hood by you. Jesus stated, categorically, that ALL, repeat ALL the Old Laws would remain. Not One Jot or Tiddle would be removed.

Thus? Jesus was just FINE with slavery. And Rape Brides from war, and so on.

dad

Undefeated
No. It was not. Exodus 21 applies to everyone who claims the Bible is a "moral" book.
No more than Judas hanging himself applies to all who read elsewhere in the bible..'go, and do thou likewise'.

Exodus 21 is the bible god promoting slavery: tells people where, how and whom to get slaves from.

It even tells them how to trick Hebrews into becoming slaves for life.

It's immoral, and evil.
We get by now you see it that way. Not my problem, I happen to know Him, and He is nothing like that.

Bob the Unbeliever

,... I happen to know Him, and He is nothing like that.

Sure, bub. Sure. I bet "he" was just ... like... YOU.

Ain't that a peach? I also predict you will miss this point entirely as well...

... just as you are unable to show a single bible verse supporting your claim, above.