• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Nintendo Switch officially announced

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I'm seeing some skepticism online whether the unit will be any faster than the old. However, it will have an OLED screen which will look really good when playing it as a handheld. The old had just LCD.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Nintendo Switch OLED model - Nintendo - Official Site

Slightly larger and much better looking screen, double the storage, boosting it from 32GB to 64GB, and probably faster performance resulting in better graphics. $50 more than the old Switch. Comes out October 8th.

I'm excited, will get one because I enjoyed the Switch and I want to upgrade, and also am awaiting to see information on whether they do preorders.
Will it be good enough for 50 year olds to play? Most of the handhelds have tiny screens.

Also when kids are playing and want others to watch them we can't. We can barely see over their shoulder.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Will it be good enough for 50 year olds to play? Most of the handhelds have tiny screens.

Also when kids are playing and want others to watch them we can't. We can barely see over their shoulder.

The screen will be 7 inches. Which is slightly larger than your average smart phone's screen.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
The screen will be 7 inches. Which is slightly larger than your average smart phone's screen.
I hope the viewing angle is better. With the switch you can barely see unless your face is directly in front.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
So just so that I'm on the same page with everyone, I wanted to say that initially I thought that the new Switch would be more powerful. But it won't be. Any graphics enhancements will come from the new, pricier screen Nintendo is using, and while using it as a handheld. I don't really believe that when docking it to the TV, that it will look more graphical, as it's using the same old technology that can't really be used with new technology for things like 4K upscaling, I don't think. I don't think that if the Dock has its own processor in this new one, for like upscaling, that it could upscale to 4K, either, as to do so, I think they'd have to update the processing chip in the handheld system too so it can connect to the 4k Dock chip, which they didn't.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

You can actually hook up your switch to the television, full picture, I really like that feature.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Back in my day, we used to have to play video games barefoot in the snow.

tenor.gif