• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

chris baron

wizanda told me about this forum so i thought i'd sign up and see what's going on around here.

im a convert to islam. i had a religious conversion experience on the evening of nov 7 2002 and life has not been the same.

God is near. Time is short, There is more to reality than the present.

danieldemol

Premium Member
wizanda told me about this forum so i thought i'd sign up and see what's going on around here.

im a convert to islam. i had a religious conversion experience on the evening of nov 7 2002 and life has not been the same.

Welcome to RF :)

If by short you mean there is billions of years left I could agree with you, but there is no evidence of time being about to run out on any human scale, that’s pure religious talk, not scientific talk

chris baron

there is no such thing as billions of years. there is nothing on the face of the earth that is billions of years old. nothing lasts for billions of years. do you know of anything that can withstand the forces of erosion for billions of years? no.
the earth is young and that means time is not measured in billions of years rather it is measured in millenia and millenia count down to centuries, decades, years, months, weeks and the final hour very quickly.

Terry Sampson

im a convert to islam. i had a religious conversion experience on the evening of nov 7 2002
Strap on your helmet, buckle your seatbelt, don't start till the buzzer goes off, and when it does keep your bumper car on the floor and inside the lines. If you get in a traffic jam, call a Moderator.
As for your conversion experience, were you in jail or prison at the time?

Oh, ... By the way, B-U-Z-Z-Z-Z.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member

HI Chris. Welcome!

You said there is more to reality than the present. Ironically, I don't believe in time except the present.

chris baron

HI Chris. Welcome!

You said there is more to reality than the present. Ironically, I don't believe in time except the present.

my feeling is that on judgment day the life of this world will seem like it had gone by in a few hours.
time and reality take on their true meaning when we die and wake up

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Greetings!
Join us for after dinner desserts (free) in the staff banquet room.
th

Audie

Veteran Member

Sorry to hear it. I have had terrible experiences,
but nothing that bad.

danieldemol

Premium Member
there is no such thing as billions of years. there is nothing on the face of the earth that is billions of years old. nothing lasts for billions of years. do you know of anything that can withstand the forces of erosion for billions of years? no.
the earth is young and that means time is not measured in billions of years rather it is measured in millenia and millenia count down to centuries, decades, years, months, weeks and the final hour very quickly.
Oldest rocks found are 3.8 billion+ years

www.livescience.com/amp/2896-oldest-rocks-earth.html

chris baron

Interesting point.

I know Muslims think a lot about judgement day.

judgment day is all i live for. this world is for trials and hardships the next world is for beholding God's creative excellence unrestrained. compared to the hereafter this world is like a watered down glass of orange juice. you pick up the glass, you are thirsty. you start drinking but there is hardly any taste to it. disappointed wanting better.

chris baron

livescience.com -- don't believe everything you read. just because it is written in a book or on a website it doesn't mean it is true.
does the rock have a date of manufacture on it?
a rock is basically a lump of aggregate sort of like concrete, if i told you that there was a piece of sidewalk that is billions of years just over yonder hill would you believe me?

danieldemol

Premium Member
livescience.com -- don't believe everything you read. just because it is written in a book or on a website it doesn't mean it is true.
does the rock have a date of manufacture on it?
a rock is basically a lump of aggregate sort of like concrete, if i told you that there was a piece of sidewalk that is billions of years just over yonder hill would you believe me?
Nope, but if you dated it using a an appropriate scientific method and published it in an article peer reviewed by the relevant scientists I would.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
judgment day is all i live for. this world is for trials and hardships the next world is for beholding God's creative excellence unrestrained. compared to the hereafter this world is like a watered down glass of orange juice. you pick up the glass, you are thirsty. you start drinking but there is hardly any taste to it. disappointed wanting better.
I hope I can be as motivated to do right as you can, but I believe with Allah there is no time and I choose to see it that way now too.

chris baron

you have a lot of faith in your clergy and their doctrine and their supernatural ability to see things that regular people don't see.

chris baron

Nope, but if you dated it using a an appropriate scientific method and published it in an article peer reviewed by the relevant scientists I would.

dating methods don't make any sense. how can they tell if their findings are correct. how do they calibrate their instruments.

scientists are just people, they don't have special powers. i used to have faith in the supernatural powers of science but not anymore. pop science is mostly lies and smokescreens and slight of hand.