• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New member here.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Maybe you do but I don't. Labels and features are for those who don't know God.
Exactly. Names and labels aren't important. As Krishna says (Gita 9:23) even if you faithfully worship other gods, you are, in fact, actually worshiping Him.
You're right. Man was created in the image of God so I AM WHOM I AM.
Or, as we say: Aham Brahmasmi "I am Brahman"

It looks like we see eye to eye on these things.

A Vestigial Mote

You love the things that you cannot keep but the love of God will keep you forever.
I know what you're getting at, but I can assure you that material possessions mean very little to me. I couldn't care less the type of vehicle I have as long as it runs. I generally don't spend money on myself outside of necessities or on things geared toward advancing my knowledge-base. I don't even know when the last time I even went clothes-shopping was. Don't buy music, don't buy movies - I do go to the theater every so often as something to do. The items that I, personally claim as my own are extremely few. In fact, as I catalogue them in my mind while writing this, I am surprised at the sparsity myself. Knowledge and creative outlet are what I pride myself on and where I find the most value in time spent. I live without the love of God, and do not feel I am "missing out" on anything in the arena of the "spiritual".

jcforever

Exactly. Names and labels aren't important. As Krishna says (Gita 9:23) even if you faithfully worship other gods, you are, in fact, actually worshiping Him.
Or, as we say: Aham Brahmasmi "I am Brahman"

It looks like we see eye to eye on these things.

As long as your spirit is satisfied, that's all that matters. I couldn't change anything if I tried because everything we experience was very well planned.

jcforever

I know what you're getting at, but I can assure you that material possessions mean very little to me. I couldn't care less the type of vehicle I have as long as it runs. I generally don't spend money on myself outside of necessities or on things geared toward advancing my knowledge-base. I don't even know when the last time I even went clothes-shopping was. Don't buy music, don't buy movies - I do go to the theater every so often as something to do. The items that I, personally claim as my own are extremely few. In fact, as I catalogue them in my mind while writing this, I am surprised at the sparsity myself. Knowledge and creative outlet are what I pride myself on and where I find the most value in time spent. I live without the love of God, and do not feel I am "missing out" on anything in the arena of the "spiritual".

Life is the love of God but most people are deceived by what they observe. Those good and evil contrasts confuse them and causes them fear. Once you understand how you're created, then it makes no difference what you observe or experience with your other created senses.

jcforever

No douct you walk the line so as to avoid falling into that burning ring of fire but, in this sub-forum at least, I prefer to focus on the man in black.

I'm happy for you that you have the man in black to focus on. The one I focus on is invisible to the mind of man but his voice is loud and clear when he gives commands to obey within the mind.[/QUOTE]

A Vestigial Mote

Life is the love of God but most people are deceived by what they observe. Those good and evil contrasts confuse them and causes them fear. Once you understand how you're created, then it makes no difference what you observe or experience with your other created senses.

I completely agree with your last sentence. We only disagree on the parts leading up to that understanding, and what that understanding entails.

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
But I'll bet you're really good at arithmetic now.
I... I... I don't think that is how that works. But if it's true... it isn't. Just tried to do that math problem in Good Will Hunting. Was offered a job as a janitor instead. Not my best day today.