• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Mask Guidelines

Will You Wear A Mask If You Are Vaccinated?

• Yes: indoors and outdoors only in a "High area"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes: only Indoors and only in a " High area"

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
It appears now that the CDC has issued new guidelines for wearing of masks, in that they recommend that people in areas with "high" or "substantial" Covid-19 transmission should resume wearing masks indoors.
Given the following, question is "Will you follow the guideline"?.
According to the following link. COVID Data Tracker
High is 100+ cases in 100000 in 7 days
Substantial 50 cases in 100000 in 7 days
Here we go again.

Those mask manufacturers are making a killing.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
No, we are not first.
Covid-19 vaccine tracker: View vaccinations by country

First seems to be Gibraltar at 116% fully vaccinated (yeah, I don’t know how that works either). But there are lots of countries ahead of us and we seem to be slowing down. At the rate we are going it will be another month till we reach 70% and I don’t know if we will ever reach 80. I hope so but we have a lot of work left to do,
Okay, technically you are correct. I was looking at the usual group of "major nations" for my comparison.

There's also the issue of what you are actually measuring: 70% of all adults (18 and up) is not the same as 70% of everybody in the nation, including 12-18 and under 12 -- who are not yet permitted to be vaccinated.

On the other hand, for those over 70, we're fully vaccinated at over 80% and partially at over 90%.

This site is a fascinating view into the stats -- and allows you to look at the stats as you'd like to: COVID-19 Data Explorer

You can view over a dozen different stats, and select how you'd like to see them: cumulative, percent by population, etc., and even select the time period. And you can select what countries you'd like to compare to one another.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Okay, technically you are correct. I was looking at the usual group of "major nations" for my comparison.

There's also the issue of what you are actually measuring: 70% of all adults (18 and up) is not the same as 70% of everybody in the nation, including 12-18 and under 12 -- who are not yet permitted to be vaccinated.

On the other hand, for those over 70, we're fully vaccinated at over 80% and partially at over 90%.

This site is a fascinating view into the stats -- and allows you to look at the stats as you'd like to: COVID-19 Data Explorer

You can view over a dozen different stats, and select how you'd like to see them: cumulative, percent by population, etc., and even select the time period. And you can select what countries you'd like to compare to one another.
Technically correct is the best kind of correct:D.

But yes, we are ahead of the U.S. and Europe. And we can take some Canadian pride it that. But let’s not get too smug either.

The number I look at most is the percentage of the entire population. That makes the most sense to me. At this point the virus doesn’t seem to care who is or isn’t eligible. If we are ever going to reach some kind of herd immunity that is the relevant number.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Technically correct is the best kind of correct:D.

But yes, we are ahead of the U.S. and Europe. And we can take some Canadian pride it that. But let’s not get too smug either.

The number I look at most is the percentage of the entire population. That makes the most sense to me. At this point the virus doesn’t seem to care who is or isn’t eligible. If we are ever going to reach some kind of herd immunity that is the relevant number.

And Australia. We have a pretty good health system and have completely hashed up the vaccine roll out here.
Smug away, sir.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I'm not anti-capitalist. Businesses are supposed to earn a profit. But I guess that to Marxists that's a terrible thing.
We all have to make a living. But, where some do business to contribute and do to that entrepreneur thing, some do it all in the name of Mammon. Like those who suddenly jack the price of a medication by hundreds and thousands percent.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
We all have to make a living. But, where some do business to contribute and do to that entrepreneur thing, some do it all in the name of Mammon. Like those who suddenly jack the price of a medication by hundreds and thousands percent.
It's one of the few areas that really conflicts with me.

No independent doctor will tout masks are necessary after vaccination and/or immunity.

Vested Doctors will tout something completely different to defend masking at all costs. Immunity or not.

Follow the paychecks. Note the backers.

Put the pieces in front of you and the bigger picture comes into focus.

Incidentally, I haven't heard anything about standardization of pricing while this is going on.

Stories like this?

All too common. Not just here but elsewhere across the globe.

Dis-Chem argues it acted within the law in hiking mask prices

Pharmacy shut down for hiking prices for face masks in Oman

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson