• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Mask Guidelines

Will You Wear A Mask If You Are Vaccinated?

• Yes: indoors and outdoors only in a "High area"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes: only Indoors and only in a " High area"

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

esmith

Veteran Member
It appears now that the CDC has issued new guidelines for wearing of masks, in that they recommend that people in areas with "high" or "substantial" Covid-19 transmission should resume wearing masks indoors.
Given the following, question is "Will you follow the guideline"?.
According to the following link. COVID Data Tracker
High is 100+ cases in 100000 in 7 days
Substantial 50 cases in 100000 in 7 days

exchemist

Veteran Member
It appears now that the CDC has issued new guidelines for wearing of masks, in that they recommend that people in areas with "high" or "substantial" Covid-19 transmission should resume wearing masks indoors.
I'm in the UK but I've been fully vaccinated and yes, I am still wearing a mask in public covered settings (shops, public transport etc). But not outdoors, unless in a crowd. It's no real trouble to wear, I've got used to it and it all helps slow down the Delta variant, which is after all a lot more infectious than the original version.

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
I already have to for work, so it's going to happen whether I want to or not. :D As for out in public, yes for inside buildings and no for outside unless the place is crowded. Again, I work in a hospital and am exposed to people who actually have the illness, so it would be wise of me to take that into consideration.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The SF Bay Area counties have mandated indoor masks in 'public' spaces starting tomorrow with obvious exceptions for such things as age and dental work.

I've been wearing a mask indoors in stores etc all along and after a short break started wearing one again at our local farmer's market this past weekend.

@Wu Wei 's experience with 'breakthrough' COVID reinforced that decision.

I'll also get a booster jab ASAP after it's offered which rumor has it will be next month or the month later.

Suave

Simulated character

I've been C.O.V.I.D.-19 infected as well as me being mRNA vaccinated against C.O.V.I.D.-19; Since I have the C.O.V.I.D.-19 antibodies, I'm quite confident I can not get seriously ill by any variant of C.O.V.I.D-19. Hence, I will never again voluntarily wear a mask. Also, I don't want to pollute the environment by unnecessarily wearing masks.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Indoors only for me.
I'm primarily indoors (Canada is much more highly vaccinated than a lot of the world now -- in fact we're first), but when I approach busy street corners and the like, I slip my mask up from under my chin. Doesn't hurt, and I'd just rather not take the risk -- either for myself, or for those people I pass close to.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I'd like to postpone when I get covid as long as possible since I work both with elderly and young kids. We have to mask up at work, of course, and I am vaccinated. But I'd have a difficult time forgiving myself if I hurt a patient, since transmission especially with delta is still possible and wearing masks isn't really difficult.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
The SF Bay Area counties have mandated indoor masks in 'public' spaces starting tomorrow with obvious exceptions for such things as age and dental work.

I've been wearing a mask indoors in stores etc all along and after a short break started wearing one again at our local farmer's market this past weekend.

@Wu Wei 's experience with 'breakthrough' COVID reinforced that decision.

I'll also get a booster jab ASAP after it's offered which rumor has it will be next month or the month later.

Just to clarify, although I am fairly certain what I have is Covid, I cannot officially say that. I was not tested. I have no way to get to a place that can test me at the moment. I can't drive due to my knee and my wife can't take me because she does officially have Covid. We have both been quarantined. She had a fever for over a week. What I have feels like a bad head cold that likes to wake me up nightly with a coughing fit that starts between 12:00a and 1:00a and ends between 3:00a and 5:00a.

My youngest, who was also vaccinated, has no symptoms at all. But she got Pfizer and I got Johnson & Johnson

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I have been using cloth masks often and washing them.

Given the delta variety, I just ordered disposable N95's but would rather have reusable ones.
I've been using disposable masks repeatedly,
but letting'm sit for a week in between usage.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I've been using disposable masks repeatedly,
but letting'm sit for a week in between usage.
I have quite a collection of very attractive re-usable masks, all with 2 layers and an inner filter layer, which I use. I wear each for half a day (one going to work, one coming home), and then into the wash.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

Only if required by the business.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Just to clarify, although I am fairly certain what I have is Covid, I cannot officially say that. I was not tested. I have no way to get to a place that can test me at the moment. I can't drive due to my knee and my wife can't take me because she does officially have Covid. We have both been quarantined. She had a fever for over a week. What I have feels like a bad head cold that likes to wake me up nightly with a coughing fit that starts between 12:00a and 1:00a and ends between 3:00a and 5:00a.

My youngest, who was also vaccinated, has no symptoms at all. But she got Pfizer and I got Johnson & Johnson

An MD friend recommends the self-test one available on Amazon Amazon.com: BinaxNOW COVID-19 Antigen Self Test, COVID Test With 15-Minute Results Without Sending to a Lab, Easy to Use at Home, FDA Emergency Use Authorization: Industrial & Scientific

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
I wear my mask indoors at businesses and other public places. I might wear my mask outdoors if there is a lot of wildfire smoke or high pollen.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
I'm primarily indoors (Canada is much more highly vaccinated than a lot of the world now -- in fact we're first),
No, we are not first.
Covid-19 vaccine tracker: View vaccinations by country

First seems to be Gibraltar at 116% fully vaccinated (yeah, I don’t know how that works either). But there are lots of countries ahead of us and we seem to be slowing down. At the rate we are going it will be another month till we reach 70% and I don’t know if we will ever reach 80. I hope so but we have a lot of work left to do,