• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Jersey Homosexual Partnerships

Ardhanariswar

I'm back!
and dont call thier love 'not genuine' either, its as genuine as any couple's love. jeez.

ppl get married because they are in love with each other, not thier bodies...

Irenicas

high overlord of sod all
Zeke, you may not agree with it, but do not belittle it.

Personally, being a happy bisexual man I am all for same sex marriages. By all means express your views. But do not belittle others for their views. Also, back up your evidence - you still have not answered many different queries from other posters. It is only polite to do so.

Please explain, without refering to the Bible, relying only on your own wisdom, what your exact problem is with Homosexuality. Please do not respond in vague generalities - be specific and precise.

Please respond in a sensible, respectful, and logical manner. Logic is a worthy quality in debate - please use it.

I am becoming unsettled and irritated by your bigotry and unpleasant attitude towards other beliefs and faiths. If this continues I will make every effort to have you expelled or reprimanded. It is simply unacceptable.

Thank you.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Zeke,
Zeke316 said:
The 87%...
This is the percentage of Americans who claim to be 'Christians'. ... As Christians, we believe the bible to be THE Word of God and Jesus Christ 'THE Word of God Incarnate.
Ok, then would you please post your source that says 87% of Americans are Christians and that they all agree homosexuality is a sin.
Our doctrine on all subjects is based on what God has said in His Word.
Fine. Then that is how you should live, but that has nothing to do with the legal rights of other people.
This is NOT a Pole....I Never said it was a POLE. .... Christians do not take their stance on moral issues based on the highest % of opinion.
But Christians do not agree on every issue either, do they?
Homosexuality, according to the Head Of Our Church, God and His Son Jesus Christ, is EVIL and Wicked and worthy of death. [Leviticus 20:13, 2Timothy 3:15, Romans 1:27,32, etc.
We get it that your beliefs are based on what you believe the Bible says. However, not all Americans are Christian, therefore you cannot impose your beliefs on the population as a whole.
We, the 87%, who declare that Jesus Christ is our Lord, understand that His Word shall not pass away and we all will be judged by His Word.
You claim to speak for all Christians? I know more than a few who would disagree with you on several issues.
If people, who claim to be Christians, want to steal for a living, don't look to the scriptures to justify your behavior. ...
How is homosexuality comparable with stealing? When someone steals, they are taking from (injuring) another person. Homosexuality is a sexual orientation, just like heterosexuality, and hurts or injures no one.
...Call it what it is...SIN, and the God of the scriptures, HATES it. Psalm5:5
That's your opinion.
Have a noce day.
Have a noce day as well. :rolleyes:

Sir Monks

Sam Bloom said:
Biggest impact will be giving religious conservatives something else to raise hell about. Realistically, don't think it will really impact heterosexuals that much, if they would just stop getting their panties in a was about it. And might help homosexual couples be happier, therefore the marriage would probably be a positive thing.

How is marriage gonna make these gay couples more happy? They have been together all this time without it. Have they been unhappy?

Sir Monks

Maize said:
I think it's pretty wonderful, myself. I think there's coming a time when most people will say even if they don't agree with same sex marriage, that the government has no legal right to deny same sex couples the rights and protections of marriage, if they want them. I know for me, a gay woman, I don't need social acceptance to validate my relationship. However I do feel that I have a right and valid claim to the legal rights and protections that the government gives to just about every heterosexual couple who wishes to marry, without question.

Thank goodness you arent with NAMBLA or we are going to hear about how they should have a right to little boys

Sir Monks

Gerani1248 said:
the word marriage in the constitution means a legal bond between two spouses. accept that defintion. either that or you can whine like a baby to have it changed.

i get really really really frustrated when people put religious meanings which are not meant in the constition in the first place.

oh, and if you think like that, that the word marriage is religious, does that mean athiests cant get married in the US?

i think not.

Actually it is in state constitutions and majority of the states say marriage is between male and female
http://www.frc.org/get.cfm?i=IF03I01

Sir Monks

anders said:
In another thread, I just pointed out that Gen. 2:24 refers to two people becoming united. That doesn't rule out one-sex partnerships.

"Marriage" is a legal only procedure. It should exclude no combination on grounds of religious beliefs. What if a Himalayan woman with three husbands wanted to emigrate to another country? I think it would be senseless and cruel to force her to choose only one of them to be recognised as a husband. If, on the other hand, she was allowed to have more than one wedded husband, it should be allowed for all people of that country.

Let the churches bless the combinations that suit them, but let the law respond to people's wishes.

So you as a Swede are all for the US to legalize polgamy?

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Sir Monks said:
Thank goodness you arent with NAMBLA or we are going to hear about how they should have a right to little boys

What does NAMBLA have to do with legal marriage rights between two consenting adults of the same gender?

Runt

Sir Monks--

You can post multiple replies in a single post... and it is much more aesthetically appealing.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Sir Monks said:
How is marriage gonna make these gay couples more happy? They have been together all this time without it. Have they been unhappy?

Happier? I don't know. Either you're happy or you aren't. But allowing legal same sex marriage would give couples a greater sense of legal protection that only legal marriage can give.

Sir Monks

Maize said:
Then Christians shouldn't do those things. But they have no right to impose or force their beliefs on the population as a whole if the rest of the society isn't in agreement. Murder is wrong. Stealing is wrong. Lying is wrong. Rape is wrong. Most everyone would agree on these things because it involves an unconsenting or hurt party. Homosexuality does not, and it is even up for debate among Christians as to whether being gay is a sin. So my point is this, if you consider same sex marriage wrong, then don't marry someone of your same gender, but allow others the freedom to love and marry as they choose. That doesn't mean you condone their actions, but that you recognize that you are fortunate enough to live in a free society that people are even equal rights within that society regardless of their race, creed, gender, religion, sexual orientation, or ability.

Sexual Orientation...not remembering that as part of the consitution? Why should I even know what you do sexually to determine anything? Marriage is defined as a union between a man and a woman...if you want to have a sexual partner of the same sex do it in your own home but that isnt what marriage is all about.

Sir Monks

Maize said:
Happier? I don't know. Either you're happy or you aren't. But allowing legal same sex marriage would give couples a greater sense of legal protection that only legal marriage can give.

Legal protection from what? You have hate crime laws...next thing you are going to want to legislate hate crimes against religious leaders who speak against homosexuality...see Canada

Sir Monks

dolly said:
Zeke - I know this stand point. My point is, this is not a Christian state. Not everyone believes in God, or sins, etc. Until you can come up with a reason why homosexual marriages shouldn't be allowed, and that reason has absolutely nothing to do with sin, God, hell, or anything religious, then you have a valid point. Until then, no law should be made that takes away another person's rights just because of an old book.

So I take it your are for beastality, incest, prostitution, polygamy too? Because these are all illegal that are sins that come from "an old book"

Sir Monks

dolly said:
It isn't a Christian country. Deistic, yes (even though it shouldn't be), but Christian, no.

While this is probably a whole other thread...nah I wont go into here..."In God We Trust"

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Sir Monks said:
Legal protection from what? You have hate crime laws...next thing you are going to want to legislate hate crimes against religious leaders who speak against homosexuality...see Canada

Legal protections and rights that come with marriage. If you don't know what those are, look them up.

And what about Canada? Last I looked the country was still standing despite ending discrimination against same sex couples who wish to have a legal marriage.

Sir Monks

pah said:
God's creation which so many people consider nature has an abundance of homosexual animals including human beings. Three hundred have been scientifically documented. So Zeke, you are just plain wrong and now you are informed. You can not say anymore that homosexuality is unnatural. And I'd ask a question based on your "new" knowledge - do it think it right to disagree with God's creation seeing he made so many homosexuals?.
Cool and you have proof of these 300 homosexual animals that live their lives humping the same sex animals

pah said:
I'm surprised that you would think that architectual details in the Capital Building, soley under the purview of the architect, would make this a Christian nation. They are adornment not policy or law.

So if they are "adornment" why is the ACLU hell bent on getting them all removed?

Sir Monks

Gerani1248 said:
God sees nothing in no lifestyle except a lifestyle were a person gives, and helps other people.

Boy are you gonna have a rude awakening we you come before the throne.

Romans 1:21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened.

Sir Monks

Maize said:
Zeke, this is a debate. Give your side of the argument and back it up, if you don't wish to do that, then refrain from posting in the debates section. Telling someone to "tell it to the Judge" is not proper debating tactics.

As far as the people of this country making homosexuality a sin, that's debatable. Some people accept it, and some people don't, always have, always will. However, society changes it mind on what is acceptable all the time. 200 years ago in this country it was acceptable for a white man to own a black man, we no longer find that acceptable, then though there is still rampant racism in our country. 100 years ago women were not allowed to vote, but society finally realized that women were equal to men and allowed to vote as well, yet I'm sure you will find those who think this is not so. 50 years ago it was not acceptable, and even against the law, for a white woman to marry a black man, but we have since deemed that practice discriminatory and now you see interracial couples, although you will still hear some people all this horrible and against God's idea of marriage.

Society changes my friend, better get use to it.

Just think in 15 years you will be saying...15 years ago it was deemed unexceptable to love your horse like no other, but now it is in the privacy of your own home and we should tolerate it....and to even think that you compare the choice of homosexuality to rights of blacks and women is not only laughable it is abhorent

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Sir Monks said:
Just think in 15 years you will be saying...15 years ago it was deemed unexceptable to love your horse like no other, but now it is in the privacy of your own home and we should tolerate it....and to even think that you compare the choice of homosexuality to rights of blacks and women is not only laughable it is abhorent

Many believe homosexuality is not a choice, including all major professional health care organizations.

What is abhorent to me is those who use their religious beliefs to justify discrimination against a group of people. It was done against African-Americans, and is being done against GLBT people today.