• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Information to Refute Your Beliefs

New scientific theory has just been introduced that conflicts with my beliefs. I will

• amend my beliefs to align with the new information.

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • create another interpretation of scripture to conform with the new information.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • find holes in the theory to prove my beliefs are correct.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • stay the course and defend my beliefs. After all, science is just presumptions and guesswork.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • tell Salix he really needs to rethink his outfit. His fashion sense is deplorable.

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • do something else that I will explain below.

Votes: 16 45.7%

• Total voters

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
If it's important i would analyse theory to the best of my knowledge, if it relevant to me I'd check out peer revues and discus it, before considering does it actually change anything

If it's not important, then 'bof', lets see what happens

Sapiens

Polymathematician
If scientific analysis were conclusively to demonstrate certain claims in Buddhism to be false, then we must accept the findings of science and abandon those claims. - Tenzin Gyatso, 14th Dalai Lama