• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New info about: Breonna Taylor shot in her bed

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member

This is an 11 minute show, with this presenter 'Tim Black' or 'Bartender Tim'. He says that recently prosecutors have attempted to convince a man (an old boyfriend charged with something) to testify that she was linked to a crime syndicate in order to smear her and justify her being killed in her bed. If he testified against her they'd give him time off.

I'm not sure where he's getting his data from. Good video, so take a look.

PureX

Veteran Member
Many Americans unfortunately feel that once someone is "guilty" (regardless of what), whatever happens to them after that is OK. Raped in prison? Well, they're criminals, so they deserved it. Falsely convicted? Well, if they didn't do this crime, they did some other and got away with it. Killed for resisting arrest? Well, they shouldn't have resisted. So of course all the cops have to do when they accidentally kill someone is make them "guilty" of something. And the good citizens will exonerate them for it, regardless. Because we all know the "bad guys" got it coming to them. Hollywood told us so, and we believe it.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Sooo....was the homeowner justified in having a firearm and firing to protect his friend, property, and his own life in this case?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Sooo....gun's 'r good now?
Thats not the point. With our laws we are allowed to defend our selves. A no-knock warrant means as far as we are aware our home is being aggressively and violently invaded by an unknown assailant. Its self defense when you have no way of knowing. Except when you defend yourself against unidentified pigs. Then were expected to just know or be denied a judge and jury to face police who believe themselves to be executioners. No-knock warrants have got to be, because Breonna Taylor isn't the first to be executed in such a manner and she won't be the last as lomg as these brutal police actions that prime people to defend themselves are legal.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Many Americans unfortunately feel that once someone is "guilty" (regardless of what), whatever happens to them after that is OK. Raped in prison? Well, they're criminals, so they deserved it. Falsely convicted? Well, if they didn't do this crime, they did some other and got away with it. Killed for resisting arrest? Well, they shouldn't have resisted. So of course all the cops have to do when they accidentally kill someone is make them "guilty" of something. And the good citizens will exonerate them for it, regardless. Because we all know the "bad guys" got it coming to them. Hollywood told us so, and we believe it.
I'm shocked.
You posted.
I agree.

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
Sooo....was the homeowner justified in having a firearm and firing to protect his friend, property, and his own life in this case?
No knock warrants seem to have overstepped the boundaries of propriety in this case.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Thats not the point. With our laws we are allowed to defend our selves. A no-knock warrant means as far as we are aware our home is being aggressively and violently invaded by an unknown assailant. Its self defense when you have no way of knowing. Except when you defend yourself against unidentified pigs. Then were expected to just know or be denied a judge and jury to face police who believe themselves to be executioners. No-knock warrants have got to be, because Breonna Taylor isn't the first to be executed in such a manner and she won't be the last as lomg as these brutal police actions that prime people to defend themselves are legal.

This is not the point, either. The point is that it is everyone's 2A right to bear arms to defend themselves, even in the face of wrongful policed action. Wouldn't you agree?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
This is not the point, either. The point is that it is everyone's 2A right to bear arms to defend themselves, even in the face of wrongful policed action. Wouldn't you agree?
That sounds like a terrible thing were both policing and gun rights must be reconsidered, along with a hard look into how and why we are even in this mess and addressing the problems that led to now. We should be able to defend ourselves, but as we've seen time and time and time and time again it escalates problems and butchers the innocent.

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
Sooo...are you saying Breonna may have been an actor in the ex's drug empire?
I once rented a room in a flat of size 4, and one of my flat dwellers just happened to be a young black girl working in healthcare with a very annoying boyfriend (or maybe ex?) that would show up at night yelling at 1am. He was always drunk when he came over, holding a 40. I did not like this guy though I only encountered him once or twice. She was very polite and never bothered anybody. This was a college flat that occasionally had parties. We got robbed once and our computers all stolen. Who done it? I don't know, but I know we were probably all potential police suspects. What if this boyfriend of hers had used our address, and the police had decided to have a no knock raid? When I saw this video I thought of her and what it would be like if police showed up shooting and she had died while still in bed. I never knew her well, but this Breonna reminds me of her because of the emergency room job and crazy ex boyfriend.