• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New here

Psalm23

Hello, I'm new to the site. I am a believer in Jesus. I would like to learn more about the forums and what topics are discussed in the different sections of the forums.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Hello, I'm new to the site. I am a believer in Jesus. I would like to learn more about the forums and what topics are discussed in the different sections of the forums.

Welcome....I hope you enjoy your time here.....there is much to learn.:)

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member

Welcome! The topics are quite varied. Have fun! :)

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member

So good to have you here! Jesus is still Lord! :)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Greetings!

Join us for the free breakfast in the staff cafeteria....
christmas-dinner-2428029_960_720.jpg

But beware....we have one hard & fast rule here.
No food fight until a staff member starts it.

Prim969

Psalm23 welcome to RF. I’m rather new here myself and have enjoyed so far. I’m sure you will find much to stimulate and challenge your mind with the variety of forums that are represented on RF.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
There are 10 rules on RF. As a new person you may accidentally get an infraction. Don't panic. Just read the notice you get from staff and move on. Its not a speeding ticket and won't be public either. You won't get banned for making a mistake unless you show the staff that there is no way they can trust you to keep posting within the rules. Just work with us, and try to understand its not always easy to create forum where such diverse groups of people can talk about their differences and similarities. If you can't say something politely wait until you can. If you are embarrassed, people will forget, and so will you. If you are angry, at least you haven't said anything mean.

https://www.religiousforums.com/link-forums/forum-rules-guidelines.357/

If you want to (politely) argue with staff or make suggestions or ask questions (or attempt to purchase the site or post something which you are not sure is within the rules etc etc etc) use this link and create a thread:
https://www.religiousforums.com/link-forums/forum-rules-guidelines.357/ Staff will see it, and non-staff will not except for you. It will be hidden from others.

RF has volunteer moderators who work at a slow and methodical pace, so quick action is rare. Most problems are only dealt with if a post has been reported, so if you see something that breaks the rules click the 'Report' button on it and write a little note about why you feel staff should look at it.

Most of the site is divided into 2 major types of threads. We have threads in which you are permitted to challenge the opinions of others (called Debate areas) and everything else. Be careful not to debate in non-debate areas, because that makes life difficult for staff and for you.

Dir areas are limited use areas. Don't post in someone else's Dir with the exception that you are politely asking a question and making no inferences, comments or observations. Your religion plate says 'Christian'. That tells you which Dir is yours. Get access to that Dir by putting a check next to 'Abrahamic' in your account settings. You probably won't need to use the Christian Dir, anyway. Its strictly for fellowship and talking about Christian things everybody already agrees about or communal prayers and stories, etc. Nobody uses it much, because its not exciting. People like debate a lot, so you'll see most posts made in 20% of the forum space which are the debate areas.

Lifestyle preaching is allowed. Regular preaching is not allowed. That is not debatable, however many members here still manage to get their point of view across without preaching. Politeness is the limbo bar which all must pass under. You won't have any trouble, probably.

My advice is to ignore sensational threads where people use alarming titles. Just ignore them. If a new thread gets something like...20 right (not sure of the number) right away it gets featured. If there's a really stupid thread title just pass over and don't reply, or you'll help it to get featured.

Psalm23

There are 10 rules on RF. As a new person you may accidentally get an infraction. Don't panic. Just read the notice you get from staff and move on. Its not a speeding ticket and won't be public either. You won't get banned for making a mistake unless you show the staff that there is no way they can trust you to keep posting within the rules. Just work with us, and try to understand its not always easy to create forum where such diverse groups of people can talk about their differences and similarities. If you can't say something politely wait until you can. If you are embarrassed, people will forget, and so will you. If you are angry, at least you haven't said anything mean.

https://www.religiousforums.com/link-forums/forum-rules-guidelines.357/

If you want to (politely) argue with staff or make suggestions or ask questions (or attempt to purchase the site or post something which you are not sure is within the rules etc etc etc) use this link and create a thread:
https://www.religiousforums.com/link-forums/forum-rules-guidelines.357/ Staff will see it, and non-staff will not except for you. It will be hidden from others.

RF has volunteer moderators who work at a slow and methodical pace, so quick action is rare. Most problems are only dealt with if a post has been reported, so if you see something that breaks the rules click the 'Report' button on it and write a little note about why you feel staff should look at it.

Most of the site is divided into 2 major types of threads. We have threads in which you are permitted to challenge the opinions of others (called Debate areas) and everything else. Be careful not to debate in non-debate areas, because that makes life difficult for staff and for you.

Dir areas are limited use areas. Don't post in someone else's Dir with the exception that you are politely asking a question and making no inferences, comments or observations. Your religion plate says 'Christian'. That tells you which Dir is yours. Get access to that Dir by putting a check next to 'Abrahamic' in your account settings. You probably won't need to use the Christian Dir, anyway. Its strictly for fellowship and talking about Christian things everybody already agrees about or communal prayers and stories, etc. Nobody uses it much, because its not exciting. People like debate a lot, so you'll see most posts made in 20% of the forum space which are the debate areas.

Lifestyle preaching is allowed. Regular preaching is not allowed. That is not debatable, however many members here still manage to get their point of view across without preaching. Politeness is the limbo bar which all must pass under. You won't have any trouble, probably.

My advice is to ignore sensational threads where people use alarming titles. Just ignore them. If a new thread gets something like...20 right (not sure of the number) right away it gets featured. If there's a really stupid thread title just pass over and don't reply, or you'll help it to get featured.

What is the difference with lifestyle and regular preaching? Is lifestyle just giving advice for help with different situations?

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
What is the difference with lifestyle and regular preaching? Is lifestyle just giving advice for help with different situations?
The term 'Lifestyle preaching' actually doesn't appear in the site rules. I think its just how you live and conduct yourself. I heard it first from someone at church one time...long ago. Since that time I've come to think of it as what is discussed in James. He talks about the superiority of being an example over saying wise things, and he says tongues are themselves poisonous, setting on fire the words we would say to one another. To him its ironic that we can both bless God and criticize each other.

With regard to your point about advice people do occasionally ask for advice here.. Its not extremely frequent, but people do sometimes drop a question. We get poetry about as frequently. I occasionally see a Christian ask for advice in the Christian Dir. Most posts here though are debates. People like to debate things such as the Trinity, where it comes from, whether Catholicism is original Christianity, whether the gospel was lost and rediscovered, what is true Christianity etc.