• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New here, hey :)

dfnj

It appears to me that you're insulting our new member.
To be "sorry" that she believes (or disbelieves) as she
does is to greatly dis her. We should be welcoming her
with understanding, friendliness, & tolerance in this forum.

I have a right to my own opinion. Does having a opinion different than yours mean someone is not understanding, not friendly, not tolerant? I am genuinely sorry you are so sensitive that you were offended by my post.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I have a right to my own opinion. Does having a opinion different than yours mean someone is not understanding, not friendly, not tolerant? I am genuinely sorry you are so sensitive that you were offended by my post.
We all have opinions which would could hurt others.
Is it productive to air them?
Instead of expressing sorrow for what someone else
believes, I recommend discussing the differences.

If I felt sorry for you as a believer, I wouldn't say so.
We should welcome new members. If attack we must,
then it should be done later in other threads.

LittleLowlife

Sorry to hear you are an atheist. It could be worse. You could be a nihilist.

How is lacking a belief in something which hasn't been proven bad? Not tryna get argumentative on my first thread this just something that has always confused me. In the religion I was raised in we were told that atheists would lead you astray but they never mentioned people with other religious beliefs specifically that I can remember.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
How is lacking a belief in something which hasn't been proven bad? Not tryna get argumentative on my first thread this just something that has always confused me. In the religion I was raised in we were told that atheists would lead you astray but they never mentioned people with other religious beliefs specifically that I can remember.

Atheism is a threat to religion. If this trend for critical thinking carries on then religion will go even further down the tubes as more and more believers loose there belief in bronze age god magic?

So rather than trying to understand and update they choose to attack.

However, there area good number religious on RF who at least try to comprehend, and a few who don't want to.

Just my take on the situation.

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
Clearly some hellos are a little more robust than others, but I like your grit in responding reasonably.

LittleLowlife

Atheism is a threat to religion. If this trend for critical thinking carries on then religion will go even further down the tubes as more and more believers loose there belief in bronze age god magic?

So rather than trying to understand and update they choose to attack.

However, there area good number religious on RF who at least try to comprehend, and a few who don't want to.

Just my take on the situation.
Some people do tend to cling onto beliefs and defend them to the point that it's near ridiculous, I think to some extent the majority of people will get defensive over something they truly believe in so it's fair enough in a way. I can see your point, haven't seen any of that on here quite yet though.

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
Some people do tend to cling onto beliefs and defend them to the point that it's near ridiculous, I think to some extent the majority of people will get defensive over something they truly believe in so it's fair enough in a way. I can see your point, haven't seen any of that on here quite yet though.

Without the mods there would be bloodshed.
Without constant monitoring and disciplinary measures, we become a hysterical rabble.
I do anyway.
YMMV