• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Fifth Ocean

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
National Geographic has now recognized the Southern Ocean, the body of water surrounding Antarctica, as the world's fifth ocean.

Since National Geographic began making maps in 1915, it has recognized four oceans: the Atlantic, Pacific, Indian, and Arctic Oceans. Starting on June 8, World Oceans Day, it will recognize the Southern Ocean as the world’s fifth ocean.

There’s a new ocean now—can you name all 5?

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Sorry, no matter what they say the reality is there is only one ocean on this planet.
Rc11264a05db94b47dfce03a9f2373020

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
National Geographic has now recognized the Southern Ocean, the body of water surrounding Antarctica, as the world's fifth ocean.

Since National Geographic began making maps in 1915, it has recognized four oceans: the Atlantic, Pacific, Indian, and Arctic Oceans. Starting on June 8, World Oceans Day, it will recognize the Southern Ocean as the world’s fifth ocean.

There’s a new ocean now—can you name all 5?

I remember they used to refer to it as the "Antarctic Ocean," although I'm a bit fuzzy on that.

But Southern Ocean sounds good to me.

The Pacific Ocean is still the biggest and best ocean there is.

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member