• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New End Times Countdown

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
Even if every time it's wrong that does Not mean the Bible is wrong, but the guesses are wrong.
Not just wrong. Funny!
In other words, although people's guesses or calculations are wrong, that does Not make Scripture as wrong.
Jesus did say at Matthew 24:36 No one knows the day or hour, but the world troublesome scene shows we are in the end times of badness on Earth as described at 2 Timothy 3:1-5,13.
To me Matthew 24:13 is what needs to be taken seriously:
We need to either endure to the end of one's life, or endure to the end of this bad system of things when Jesus will do the separating work of Matthew 25:31-33,37.
Oh, stop. Its a gag thread about the OP, and some of us have been had by these types of schemes. We need the laugh so stop acting like humor is a sin.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Not just wrong. Funny!
Oh, stop. Its a gag thread about the OP, and some of us have been had by these types of schemes. We need the laugh so stop acting like humor is a sin.

I think it is your judgement (Not mine) that acting like humor is a sin.
It may be a ' gag thread ' but that does Not make the 'end times' as a gag.

godnotgod

Thou art That
Even if every time it's wrong that does Not mean the Bible is wrong, but the guesses are wrong.
In other words, although people's guesses or calculations are wrong, that does Not make Scripture as wrong.

The problem of interpretation was pointed out by Yeshua himself, when he told the Jews:

"You search the scriptures for eternal life, when it is I whom the scriptures are about"

IOW, the people are not getting the Light first, and then using it to properly interpret the scriptures, but using their unenlightened minds to read them. They are searching for eternal life with a second-hand description of the spiritual experience, rather than going directly to the living Source itself. They have the cart incorrectly placed ahead of the horse, a common problem of man. The Source that Yeshua is pointing to is the same Source within all men, ie

"The kingdom of God is within you"

Therefore, Yeshua also said:

"Unless you turn and become as little children, you shall not enter into Paradise"

IOW, to 'turn' inwards to the Source (Paradise) within and away from the world, and to see things without judgment, without discrimination. This is called the mind of Innocency. It is with this transformed mind in which the eyes have opened that can now properly read and interpret the scriptures.

godnotgod

Thou art That
I think it is your judgement (Not mine) that acting like humor is a sin.
It may be a ' gag thread ' but that does Not make the 'end times' as a gag.

My understanding is that the 'end times' were thought to be just around the corner when they were prophecied, and not in modern times. That is why the Essenes of Qumran wrote and hid the Dead Sea Scrolls, in hopes that they would be preserved for others after the Essenes were annihilated by the Romans. One must see how the Jews saw their world in that time. Death and total oppression were everywhere and imminent in their minds. It was their world they saw coming to an end very soon.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
My understanding is that the 'end times' were thought to be just around the corner when they were prophecied, and not in modern times......................................

Apparently it was Jesus' understanding at Luke 19:11-15 that the end times were Not just around the corner but a long way off to the future glory time of Matthew 25:31-33,37.

The setting for Revelation was Not for the first century, but rather for our day or time frame at Revelation 1:10.
When today's 'New Normal' would be the description as found described at 2 Timothy 3:1-5,13.

Plus, if Jesus believed the end times were just around the 1st-century corner, there would have been No need for Jesus giving the global commission of Matthew 24:14 and Acts of the Apostles 1:8.

godnotgod

Thou art That
Apparently it was Jesus' understanding at Luke 19:11-15 that the end times were Not just around the corner but a long way off to the future glory time of Matthew 25:31-33,37.

The setting for Revelation was Not for the first century, but rather for our day or time frame at Revelation 1:10.
When today's 'New Normal' would be the description as found described at 2 Timothy 3:1-5,13.

Plus, if Jesus believed the end times were just around the 1st-century corner, there would have been No need for Jesus giving the global commission of Matthew 24:14 and Acts of the Apostles 1:8.

BS. None of these scriptures point to any modern end time. But the Dead Sea Scrolls, which Christian scholars use to verify their existing scriptures, do point to an immediately impending apocalypse. More on this later......

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
I think people with no sense of humor ought to have one installed by scary robots. Does that sound like the end of the world to anyone?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Armageddon is the symbolic name given to an event based on scripture references regarding divine obliteration of God's enemies, though I grant there are other views. In Revelation prophecy, this event of obliterating the armies opposed to God is referred to in Rev 19.

It seems to me then that, the weapons technology to enable an Armageddon scale event were never available until the advent of nuclear age in the 20th century. As nuclear technology proliferates among the nations of the world, both quantitatively and qualitatively, along and a push for globalization by the rich and powerful, it is not unreasonable to entertain the real possibility of an end times scenario in the not too distant future, based not just on religious prophecy, but also on ongoing geopolitical tension among nuclear powers as to who will control planet Earth.

godnotgod

Thou art That

Here is Revelation 1:10 in context:

9 I, John, your brother and partner in the tribulation and kingdom and perseverance that are in Jesus, was on the island of Patmos because of the word of God and my testimony about Jesus. 10 On the Lord’s day I was in the Spirit, and I heard behind me a loud voice like a trumpet,11 saying, “Write in a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea.”…
Berean Study Bible

Nothing here pointing to modern times...in fact, it is an account of the past, ie: 'I, John....was on the island....'; 'I was in the Spirit....'

This, from BibleHub re: Revelation 1:10:

"The Lord's day.--There is no ground whatever for the futurist interpretation that this expression refers to the "Day of the Lord," as in 2 Thessalonians 2:2. The phrase in this latter passage is totally different. The phrase here is. en te kuriake hemera. The adjective is applied by St. Paul (perhaps coined by him for the purpose) to the Lord's Supper: from the Supper it came to be applied to the day on which Christians met for the breaking of bread. The day is still called ??????? (kuriake) in the Levant."

...and in Revelation 3:11, a continuation of the dialogue from 1:10:

"I am coming soon. Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take your crown."

Revelation 1:10 On the Lord's Day I was in the Spirit, and I heard behind me a loud voice like a trumpet,

"Coming soon" does not sound like 2000+ years in the future!!

"Jesus had no intention of founding a new religion. He regarded himself as the Messiah in the normal Jewish sense of the term, i.e. a human leader who would restore the Jewish monarchy, drive out the Roman invaders, set up an independent Jewish state, and inaugurate an era of peace, justice and prosperity (known as 'the kingdom of God,) for the whole world. Jesus believed himself to be the figure prophesied in the Hebrew Bible who would do all these things. He was not a militarist and did not build up an army to fight the Romans, since he believed that God would perform a great miracle to break the power of Rome. This miracle would take place on the Mount of Olives, as prophesied in the book of Zechariah [ie; 'Day of The Lord; Armageddon']. When this miracle did not occur, his mission had failed."

The Mythmaker: Paul And The Invention Of Christianity - Religion - Nigeria

Zechariah 14 New International Version (NIV)
The Lord Comes and Reigns
14 A day of the Lord is coming, Jerusalem, when your possessions will be plundered and divided up within your very walls.*

2 I will gather all the nations to Jerusalem to fight against it; the city will be captured, the houses ransacked,
and the women raped**. Half of the city will go into exile, but the rest of the people will not be taken from the city. 3 Then the Lord will go out and fight against those nations, as he fights on a day of battle. 4 On that day his feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, east of Jerusalem, and the Mount of Olives will be split in two from east to west, forming a great valley, with half of the mountain moving north and half moving south. 5 You will flee by my mountain valley, for it will extend to Azel. You will flee as you fled from the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah. Then the Lord my God will come, and all the holy ones with him.

Bible Gateway passage: Zechariah 14 - New International Version

hmmmm....I suppose that crown that Revelation told you to cling to will be lost as well, eh?

**hmmmm.....so God's army is going to capture Jerusalem, ransack the houses, and rape the women: how thoughtful.

Last edited:

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
mayan_cartoon.jpg

images

e99431191b427024e5c9b63614c0a026--big-bomb-rita-hayworth.jpg

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
Check it out! He previously predicted the End to be September 23, 2015 !!! And he's still doing it for later dates!!! And this is funny!!! :) Well you know like dark humor is funny. :(
See minute 1:39 of this video to see a snippet of the Same 'Bible Teacher' predicting the End to be on September 23, 2015.