• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New design for Baha'i House of Worship in Cambodia...

arthra

Baha'i
Baha'i Houses of Worship are generally few and when designed reflect the area where they are erected... A good example of this is found in the design for the House of Worship in Cambodia...

1062_00.jpg

BATTAMBANG, Cambodia — As the sun rose over Battambang yesterday, the melodies of prayer filled the morning air, in a spirit of reverence, exultation, and thanksgiving.

These dawn prayers began the event for the unveiling of the design of the first local Baha’i House of Worship for the people of this region of Cambodia, which has in recent years witnessed the emergence of a vibrant community life centered on worship of God and service to humanity. The events of the day involved dignitaries as well as inhabitants of the surrounding communities, numbering over 300 people. Some had walked, while others made their way using various forms of transport to arrive on time for the early morning program.

Sochet Vitou Tang, the architect of the project, was deeply moved by the occasion as he addressed the audience. “It is an especial pleasure to stand here on the sacred land which will host the local Baha’i House of Worship for Battambang, in the Kingdom of Cambodia,” he said.

Mr. Tang described the purpose of the project as being to create a place of tranquility where the mind and soul could find rest and solace, a place where the spiritual and material dimensions of life would be harmonized.

He further explained that the House of Worship would become a center where people of all persuasions could “come to learn about life, about the environment, and the world beyond; a place where we come to build a unified world.”

Source:

Dawn unveiling for Cambodian temple design - Bahá'í World News Service

arthra

Baha'i
More information about the Cambodian House of Worship:

"The plans unveiled last month for the Local House of Worship suggest it will be a striking, spacious campus. As well as a temple which the Baha’i emphasise will be open to members of all religions there will be a study centre, administrative block and dormitories for long-distance visitors facilities the Baha’i hope will solidify Battambang’s reputation as a regional hub for the faithful.
The cost of the project is not yet fixed. Those involved said they believe it would be more than $1 million, but they are not yet sure how much more. Funding will come from Baha’is all over the world, who are obliged to “give back” to the faith as part of their devotion.
The temple itself adheres to the Baha’is central aesthetic principle of favouring nine-sided designs, but is also distinctly Cambodian: the round building’s winged parapets are reminiscent of Vann Molyvann’s Chaktomuk theatre.
The man behind the complex’s design is Tang Sochet Vitou, an architect based in Phnom Penh...."
"

Source:

http://www.phnompenhpost.com/post-weekend/field-faith-bahai-community-wins-space-worship

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
So beautiful. I want to be there now!! So peaceful from the ugliness and hate in the world. I just want all the world to be at peace yesterday. People are depriving themselves of the most beautiful experiences on earth. Only in heaven can one experience such joy but I've been in heaven for a long time now except my sadness for humanity. Thank you for this.

arthra

Baha'i
Progress is made in the construction of the Baha'i House of worship in Cambodia...

Construction progresses on Cambodia Temple - Bahá’í World News Service

From the article:

BATTAMBANG, Cambodia — Excitement is stirring in Battambang as anticipation builds for the completion of the first local Baha'i House of Worship. Scores upon scores of inhabitants in the region have been galvanized to offer service to their communities, as well as at the Temple site, where hundreds of shrubs and flowers have been planted since the initiation of this historic endeavor.

Additionally, construction of the central edifice and surrounding buildings has advanced rapidly, and recent aerial video footage captures the beauty of the emerging structure and the surrounding land.

Read more at:

Construction progresses on Cambodia Temple | Bahá’í World News Service (BWNS)

arthra

Baha'i
This will serve as an update on the Local House of Worship in Cambodia .. An article from Cambodia reads:

Baha'i worship house to open

Cambodia’s first Baha’i faith temple, or “Local House of Worship”, will celebrate its official opening in Battambang on September 1, just over two years after the design of the building was unveiled in July 2015.
The Baha’i’s Battambang property holdings cover nine hectares, of which 1.5 hectares have been set aside for the main area comprising the temple or prayer hall, administrative building, gardens and ponds.
The total cost of the project is as yet unclear, according to Baha’i spokesman Daravuth Keo, who said: “As the Local House of Worship is still under construction, we are unable to determine the exact cost of the whole project.”
The temple – nine-sided because of the Baha’i association of nine with perfection and unity – was designed by Phnom Penh-based architect Tang Sochet Vitou, and part of his design has been likened to the work of Vann Molyvann.
The temple will help provide for the spiritual needs of Cambodia’s growing Baha’i community which, according to the Ministry of Cult and Religion’s most recent annual report, numbers about 12,000.
Mr Daravuth said: “In reality the figure could be more as this has been increased since last year and yet to be determined.”
Some adherents say the figure is now closer to 20,000.
Baha’i communities were first recorded in the kingdom in the 1920s and since 1992 the community has grown steadily via aid workers and Asian immigrants.

Read more at

Baha'i worship house to open

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Progress is made in the construction of the Baha'i House of worship in Cambodia...

Construction progresses on Cambodia Temple - Bahá’í World News Service

From the article:

BATTAMBANG, Cambodia — Excitement is stirring in Battambang as anticipation builds for the completion of the first local Baha'i House of Worship. Scores upon scores of inhabitants in the region have been galvanized to offer service to their communities, as well as at the Temple site, where hundreds of shrubs and flowers have been planted since the initiation of this historic endeavor.

Additionally, construction of the central edifice and surrounding buildings has advanced rapidly, and recent aerial video footage captures the beauty of the emerging structure and the surrounding land.

Read more at:

Construction progresses on Cambodia Temple | Bahá’í World News Service (BWNS)

That is looking great, wow it will be a great place to visit, pray and meditate.

Regards Tony

arthra

Baha'i
Preparations for Temple inauguration accelerate
11 August 2017

BATTAMBANG, Cambodia — In just three weeks, the people of Battambang will celebrate the dedication of their local Baha'i House of Worship. New video footage captures recent progress and highlights the beauty of the Temple.

SLIDESHOW
12 images
The House of Worship at night

The final step in the construction will be the placement of a calligraphic rendering of the invocation "O Glory of the All-Glorious," referred to as the Greatest Name, within the Temple's dome, planned to occur next week.

The dedication, which will take place on 1 September 2017, will be marked by a two-day conference bringing together over 2,000 people from Battambang, as well as every other region of Cambodia. A number of Cambodian dignitaries will attend, as well as representatives of Baha'i communities in Southeast Asia.

The Temple is a frequent topic of conversation among the local population. Even before its completion, it has galvanized action towards the betterment of the community and brought together neighbors in prayer and fellowship.

Read more at
Preparations for Temple inauguration accelerate | Bahá’í World News Service (BWNS)

arthra

Baha'i
I wanted to share an article about the architect of the Cambodian House of Worship:

Spirit and aspirations of a people: Reflections of Temple's architect
31 August 2017

The Baha'i House of Worship in Battambang, Cambodia, will be dedicated tomorrow.

BATTAMBANG, Cambodia — Every day since Sochet Vitou Tang embarked on the journey to design the Baha'i House of Worship in Battambang just over two years ago, there has been a sense of joy in the process.

"Of course, the day our design was selected was a moment that stands out," says the Cambodian architect. "But I have enjoyed every day of working on this project and seeing the way of life of a Baha'i community."

Read more at
Spirit and aspirations of a people: Reflections of Temple's architect | Bahá’í World News Service (BWNS)