• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Car

outhouse

Atheistically
Been busy with my vacation, ended up getting this 2006 Z06 with 43k on the odometer.

Just had the head ported and rebuilt and decked, added a cam, new tires, new rotors and brakes. Cai, and MSD intake. All new valve train. About 600 HP and a daily driver you can cruise like a stock unit, and pretty quiet with stock exhaust.

Did all the work myself, less the dyno tune, and replacing valve guides in heads [machine work]

63vqza.jpg

Jedster

Congrats.
I got my first in 1972, somewhat smaller that yours :>),but nevertheless a joy.
to have wheels
FIAT-127-2385_6.jpg

PeteC-UK

Hi Folks...

Outhouse;
Just had the head ported and rebuilt and decked, added a cam, new tires, new rotors and brakes. Cai, and MSD intake. All new valve train. About 600 HP and a daily driver you can cruise like a stock unit, and pretty quiet with stock exhaust.

Yer - looks VERY nice - and all the work you did sounds like a huge improvement - but I simply have to ask - WHY..??>..lol....

I mean - first - why even buy a car that needs so much attention in the first place..?... OR - why spend all that effort suping it up and kitting it out..?...its pointless given your SPEED LIMITS isnt it..?...Yer, so you give it now 600 hp - but really - is it even such a big deal ..?? - WHEN are you going to ever get to put it to the test on your "daily drive"...lol..?..

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Been busy with my vacation, ended up getting this 2006 Z06 with 43k on the odometer.

Did all the work myself, less the dyno tune, and replacing valve guides in heads [machine work]

63vqza.jpg

Weclome back, it's long time outhouse :)

Congratulations for this fancy car !

outhouse

Atheistically
WHY..??

Because I could ;)

I mean - first - why even buy a car that needs so much attention in the first place..?...

Didn't need attention, its fun building things with your own hands.

why spend all that effort suping it up and kitting it out..?...its pointless given your SPEED LIMITS isnt it..?...

Effort? Its fun.

Pointless? many people love performance, and I live very close to canyon roads that are like racetracks.

so you give it now 600 hp - but really - is it even such a big deal ..?? -..

No its not a big deal, its just a handful of fun, and I use it all the time. It goes with my 200hp Ducati.

Not everyone is destined to a prius.

PeteC-UK

Hi Folks..

Outhouse; I never could see the "fun" in getting oily, dirty, smelly...lol....fixing things though..?..Yer, I get that - give me a broke computer and Im in heaven...lol...

Cars on a street ..?...strictly a "uttility vehicle" - serves a purpose only, not much fun factor to be had over here or else the "old bill" are soon on your case...Guess Im a little jealous of your wide open spaces..lol...as Now youre talking - canyon roads :) give me one of those or better yet the entire canyon...lol..and my Maico 440 motocross bike and THATS what I call FUN FUN FUN :)

outhouse

Atheistically
I never could see the "fun" in getting oily, dirty, smelly...lol....fixing things though..?..Yer, I get that - give me a broke computer and Im in heaven...lol...

Wore gloves and did it all outside with ease, my goal was to finish before the rains came. I own all the tools and have worked in speed shops.

You would like my PC ;)

ncxj0h.jpg

suncowiam

This my daily commute.

images

This is my other ride which I barely get to drive these days.

HPIM1734.jpg

Had a WRX which I traded for the minivan. Will totally get another sports car when all the kids are gone.

Milton Platt

63vqza.jpg

Congrats.....the oil companies will probably send you a card at Christmas.