• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New breakthroughs in science and technology for 2022?

Ostronomos

Hello,

In 2018 I provided a major Philosophical insight on these forums and the man billed as "the smartest man in America", Christopher Langan. After his papers were published based off of my insight that Reality is the set of all things that exist I am now interested in related publications and achievements that are based on this ontological genius. A genius insight which I provided to the scientific community including Langan that laid the foundation for his Reality Self-Simulation Principle and lead to a major breakthrough paper called An Introduction to Quantum Meta-Mechanics. As you might expect my curiosity has been ever so much piqued four years later as I am interested in the amount of progress that has been made by the scientific community as a result of Langan's papers. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Nicholas.

AlexanderG

The current impact score (average citations per article) of the journal all his work is published in, Cosmos and History, is 0.25. This number refers to how many times each article in the journal was cited on average in the first or second year after the article was published. In 2019, a year or two after Langan publishes his article, the journal's index score was .11.

This means that only one out of ten articles, on average, was even cited once by another scholarly article. Even assuming it doesn't count him citing himself later, this is a very poor number. Cosmos and History is ranked about the 24,000th most influential journal. It is also not considered a credible or academic journal. There is no real peer-review process, because the journal is full of unfalsifiable New Age nonsense and other pseudo-science, and there are no "experts" in these subjects.

Adding to Langan's "distinctions," he is a known 9/11 truther, he opposes interracial relationships, and has made anti-Semitic comments. He believes he can prove god exists with mathematics. So yeah, he sounds like a quack, an idiot, and a deplorable bigot. Langan has contributed nothing to scientific progress; if anything, we are all worse off due to the dissemination of his thoughts.

Last edited:

PureX

Veteran Member
The current impact score (average citations per article) of the journal all his work is published in, Cosmos and History, is 0.25. This number refers to how many times each article in the journal was cited on average in the first or second year after the article was published. In 2019, a year or two after Langan publishes his article, the journal's index score was .11.

This means that only one out of ten articles, on average, was even cited once by another scholarly article. Even assuming it doesn't count him citing himself later, this is a very poor number. Cosmos and History is ranked about the 24,000th most influential journal. It is also not considered a credible or academic journal. There is no real peer-review process, because the journal is full of unfalsifiable New Age nonsense and other pseudo-science, and there are no "experts" in these subjects.

Adding to Langan's "distinctions," he is a known 9/11 truther, he opposes interracial relationships, and has made anti-Semitic comments. He believes he can prove god exists with mathematics. So yeah, he sounds like a quack, an idiot, and a deplorable bigot. Langan has contributed nothing to scientific progress; if anything, we are all worse off due to the dissemination of his thoughts.
I thank you for that precise and reasoned clarification.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Hello,

In 2018 I provided a major Philosophical insight on these forums and the man billed as "the smartest man in America", Christopher Langan. After his papers were published based off of my insight that Reality is the set of all things that exist I am now interested in related publications and achievements that are based on this ontological genius. A genius insight which I provided to the scientific community including Langan that laid the foundation for his Reality Self-Simulation Principle and lead to a major breakthrough paper called An Introduction to Quantum Meta-Mechanics. As you might expect my curiosity has been ever so much piqued four years later as I am interested in the amount of progress that has been made by the scientific community as a result of Langan's papers. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Nicholas.
This is quite funny. Your insight, then, is that reality is the set of all that exists, i.e all that is, er, real.

How very profound.

(Langan is not a member of the scientific community, by the way.)

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
This is quite funny. Your insight, then, is that reality is the set of all that exists, i.e all that is, er, real.

How very profound.

(Langan is not a member of the scientific community, by the way.)

Yeah, but the problem is that if the unreal doesn't exist and that is true, we get that it is fact, that the unreal doesn't exist.