• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

new boycott target: liberal radio host Mike Malloy

Asking

Innevitably the best examples of the faults with belief in God tend to include some of the worse incidents which occur. Granted he could have chosen his wording more tactfully but in regards to getting the point across the choice of subject matter was spot on.

If you're going to preach about an all powerful God then you have to account for all it's actions, not just cherry pick those which can be interpreted in a positive light. As has been said according to their beliefs God deliberatly killed numerous individuals and left a child without a family without so much as an explanation.

Awesome God they have there.

Last edited:

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Freedom of Speech. What else is there to say? Don't like it...don't listen. Don't agree..well that's your prerogative.

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member
his reasoning is sound. His comments just lack any real empathy or sympathy

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
There is a segment of American political Christianity (and a particularly vocal one) that regularly blames victims of natural disasters for what happened to them. Indeed, as the link I shared shows, M.G. "Pat" Robertson did precisely that with regard to these same tornadoes.

I think Malloy is inartfully satirizing the particular viewpoint expressed by some Christians (like Robertson, but Falwell used to say this sort of thing all the time, too) wherein they pile on victims of horrible disasters claiming its a consequence of "America's Sin" and their "God" intended it, etc, etc. For example, both Robertson and Falwell blamed all the Americans with whom they disagree for causing the attacks in 2001: http://archives.cnn.com/2001/US/09/14/Falwell.apology/

That's far more disgusting to me than Malloy's lampooning of it. But I agree that Malloy's methods in general (and in this instance as well) are tacky and boorish.

I can't boycott him though, because I didn't listen to him anyway.

Opinutainment (be it Limbaugh, Robertson or Malloy) is strictly for fools to begin with.

Last edited: