• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Australian Vaccination Policy

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
No, I'm Australian and I believe in free health care, just not health care forced upon unwilling people.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
No, I'm Australian and I believe in free health care, just not health care forced upon unwilling people.
Yeah I think that wherever you lie on this topic, how it could be prosecuted in practice remains deeply problematic. I am in favour of vaccinations, but can understand the concern here.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard

It's simple, if people want to uphold their opposition to vaccinations, they are welcome to support their lifestyle without government assistance.

People moan about rights but if people want money for free, the government has every right to make reasonable demands. There is no reasonable excuse to be anti-vaccination. There's too many tinfoil toting skeptics who are scientifically obtuse. I swear i'm going to destroy the next idiot who tries to convince me that vaccinations cause autism.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
Yeah I think that wherever you lie on this topic, how it could be prosecuted in practice remains deeply problematic. I am in favour of vaccinations, but can understand the concern here.

It's already happening. Centrelink is withholding payments from families who are not up to date with vaccinations.

Concerns are unreasonable.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
It's simple, if people want to uphold their opposition to vaccinations, they are welcome to support their lifestyle without government assistance.

People moan about rights but if people want money for free, the government has every right to make reasonable demands. There is no reasonable excuse to be anti-vaccination. There's too many tinfoil toting skeptics who are scientifically obtuse. I swear i'm going to destroy the next idiot who tries to convince me that vaccinations cause autism.
An education campaign would have made more sense than Abott swinging a hammer like this.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
It's already happening. Centrelink is withholding payments from families who are not up to date with vaccinations.

Concerns are unreasonable.
No, that is not true. Sure the anti-vaccers are unreasonable, but parents are not given enough information to make informed choices, and so get scared and look to the anti vaccers.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
No, that is not true. Sure the anti-vaccers are unreasonable, but parents are not given enough information to make informed choices, and so get scared and look to the anti vaccers.

All information is available on government websites.

Most opposition i've seen on FB posts by media outlets is people mis-trust the government or actually believe that vaccinations are designed to hurt them.

Once again, unreasonable. The information is there for people who are curious. They'd rather do a 5 second google search and develop unreasonable suspicions.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
The amount of money 'wasted' on such education would barely buy you and me a beer buddy.

Knowing our government that's highly unlikely. QLD had a strong choices campaign educating people on potential asset sales which cost $70mil.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
All information is available on government websites.

Most opposition i've seen on FB posts by media outlets is people mis-trust the government or actually believe that vaccinations are designed to hurt them.

Once again, unreasonable. The information is there for people who are curious. They'd rather do a 5 second google search and develop unreasonable suspicions.
Try to find good information on the rates of catastrophic reactions in a form the average parent can understand. Give it a shot. I tried to inform myself, I asked the nurses and Doctors for information - they gave me a pamphlet with a picture of a bear with spots on it and told me I either wanted it or not. I ch9se to vaccinate, but did not feel that i made an informed decision.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
Try to find good information on the rates of catastrophic reactions in a form the average parent can understand. Give it a shot. I tried to inform myself, I asked the nurses and Doctors for information - they gave me a pamphlet with a picture of a bear with spots on it and told me I either wanted it or not. I ch9se to vaccinate, but did not feel that i made an informed decision.

Google skews it because there are enough pseudo scientists out there who love to distort facts. Reactions are typically an insignificant percentage. Vaccinations are rigorously tested prior to distribution. Our medical standards are high.

I contracted hepatitis as a baby due to poor hygiene practices at the hospital i was born in and cannot be vaccinated against it. If some who is unvaccinated and a carrier comes into contact with me I am at serious risk. I have little sympathy for people who feel hard done by by these new rules. Their illogical choices have serious health risks for others.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
If the vaccine works like they say it does, and you get vaccinated, you have nothing to worry about getting it from unvaccinated people, do you???

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
So you think the USA should not have universal health care and that unvaccinated children should be allowed to endanger other children who may not be able to vaccinated against common viruses?

why are some children unable to be vaccinated?

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Google skews it because there are enough pseudo scientists out there who love to distort facts. Reactions are typically an insignificant percentage. Vaccinations are rigorously tested prior to distribution. Our medical standards are high.

vaccines are not always rigoursly tested prior to distribution. The gardisil vaccine is a recent example. It was approved and distributed without ANY human trials.

And how would you feel if it happens to be YOUR child who is among the 'insignificant' percentage who DO have serious reactions? Just collateral damage... but thats ok because the numbers are 'insignifcant'

Give me a 100% safety rating and i'll use every vaccine available.

I contracted hepatitis as a baby due to poor hygiene practices at the hospital i was born in and cannot be vaccinated against it..

So the same medical system who provides vaccines is also responsible for the unclean environments where you contracted a disease and you expected us to blindly put our trust in them by giving them the right to inject us with serums which were created in those very same unhygienic environments in the hope we dont get the diseases they breed......hmmmm interesting.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
If the vaccine works like they say it does, and you get vaccinated, you have nothing to worry about getting it from unvaccinated people, do you???

As I said before i'm susceptible to Hep B and cannot be vaccinated against it. The more people who choose not to be vaccinated results in a higher risk of one of them coming into contact with me as a carrier.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One

No, apparently the vaccinated population are still at risk of contracting virus's from those who are not vaccinated.

Weird huh? o_O

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
vaccines are not always rigoursly tested prior to distribution. The gardisil vaccine is a recent example. It was approved and distributed without ANY human trials.

Incorrect: HPV Vaccine Information For Young Women

And how would you feel if it happens to be YOUR child who is among the 'insignificant' percentage who DO have serious reactions? Just collateral damage... but thats ok because the numbers are 'insignifcant'

An appeal to emotion, yawn.

Give me a 100% safety rating and i'll use every vaccine available.

Asking for such a thing is idiotic and unrealistic. That is not how medicine works.

So the same medical system who provides vaccines is also responsible the unclean environments where you contracted a disease and you expected us to blindly put our trust in them by injecting serums they created in those very same unhygienic environments......hmmmm interesting.

A lot of things change in 25 years. I was born in a small New Zealand town.