• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Australian Vaccination Policy

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I bet the anti-vaccers are going to say something along the lines of
"See! The pharmaceutical companies are in control so much that they have convinced the government to try and eradicate us from telling everyone the truth!" And people will believe it....

averageJOE

zombie
What percent of the Australian population is on welfare? And of that percentage, how many of them don't vaccinate their children?

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Fantastic! If you're born into a poor family and the idiots who weren't smart enough to avoid having a child they couldn't afford are also dumb enough to believe vaccines are bad, the government will try to starve you to death! Maybe if the kids live long enough to get to school you can hang a sign on them that says "Unclean" and make them all sit in a room together!

This is a remarkably insensitive post.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
The Australian government has announced that it intends to stop welfare payments to parents who refuse to vaccinate their children

Australia to stop welfare cash of anti-vaccine parents - BBC News

I think this is a really good policy and, frankly, allowing such people to get off lightly since I personally believe that people who refuse to vaccinate their children should have said children taken away from them. By not vaccinating your children you risk their lives, and the lives of all other children they come into contact with.
I agree with you. But I do feel that much of the paranoia is the fault of the medical industry - I think that they have failed to educate people on vaccinations effectively.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
The Australian government has announced that it intends to stop welfare payments to parents who refuse to vaccinate their children

Australia to stop welfare cash of anti-vaccine parents - BBC News

I think this is a really good policy and, frankly, allowing such people to get off lightly since I personally believe that people who refuse to vaccinate their children should have said children taken away from them. By not vaccinating your children you risk their lives, and the lives of all other children they come into contact with.

that is a bit of an extreme view imo

I'd rather go without the money if it means having the right to make the choice what is best for my kids when it comes to medical treatment.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat

I'd rather go without the money if it means having the right to make the choice what is best for my kids when it comes to medical treatment.
So would that right supercede say a neuro surgeon telling you what you need to do? Say your choice is never to give chemo - and the neuro surgeon tells you it is the only way to save her life - do you have the right to decide to let her die?

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
So would that right supercede say a neuro surgeon telling you what you need to do? Say your choice is never to give chemo - and the neuro surgeon tells you it is the only way to save her life - do you have the right to decide to let her die?

any neuro surgery comes with risk of permanent disability. So it really depends on the degree of risk involved. Each person should be allowed to decide what they are willing to risk and what they are not.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
any neuro surgery comes with risk of permanent disability. So it really depends on the degree of risk involved. Each person should be allowed to decide what they are willing to risk and what they are not.
Yes but you were talking about rights - say that in their professional opinion this is vita. Then what? And we are talking about your child by the way not you. Do you have the right to decide for her?

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Yes but you were talking about rights - say that in their professional opinion this is vita. Then what? And we are talking about your child by the way not you. Do you have the right to decide for her?

as her guardian and parent, yes i do.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
as her guardian and parent, yes i do.
Ok thanks. I guess I would think that it is a pretty difficult boundary - I can see circumstances where I would want to limit the power of the parents to deny medical aid.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard

You do have the right. You just don't have the right if you want government assistance. Simples.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
So i guess you're all Obamacare supporters, that support the governments right to force you to have health care.

It's funny how the yanks are the only country stupid enough not to have universal health care. What kind of backward first world country would rather their people suffer than pay an insignificant amount of tax? I think it post me about $250 in tax last year to ensure that we can have universal healthcare. I'd pay double that to maintain it.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
The parents just find work, then their kids don't have to be vaccinated if they don't want it.

We should also ban unvaccinated kids from public schools. Immunity often relies on herd immunity. If herd immunity drops, some children are a high risk of contracting viruses. Having tinfoil parents who don't trust vaccines makes their children a risk. One we should not have to tolerate.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
Funny how right wing Australians sound just like right wing Americans. (except they still like their free health care)

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
Funny how right wing Australians sound just like right wing Americans.

So you think the USA should not have universal health care and that unvaccinated children should be allowed to endanger other children who may not be able to vaccinated against common viruses?