1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Australian Vaccination Policy

Discussion in 'General Debates' started by Mycroft, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Lyndon

Lyndon "Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,003
    Religion:
    Theism+Jesus(pbuh) influenced by....... Taoism and Buddhism
    No, I'm Australian and I believe in free health care, just not health care forced upon unwilling people.

2. Bunyip

Bunyip pro scapegoat

Ratings:
    +1,523
    Religion:
    Not religious
    Yeah I think that wherever you lie on this topic, how it could be prosecuted in practice remains deeply problematic. I am in favour of vaccinations, but can understand the concern here.

3. darkendless

darkendless Guardian of Asgaard

Ratings:
    +1,024
    It's simple, if people want to uphold their opposition to vaccinations, they are welcome to support their lifestyle without government assistance.

People moan about rights but if people want money for free, the government has every right to make reasonable demands. There is no reasonable excuse to be anti-vaccination. There's too many tinfoil toting skeptics who are scientifically obtuse. I swear i'm going to destroy the next idiot who tries to convince me that vaccinations cause autism.

4. darkendless

Ratings:
    +1,024
    It's already happening. Centrelink is withholding payments from families who are not up to date with vaccinations.

Concerns are unreasonable.

5. Bunyip

Bunyip pro scapegoat

Ratings:
    +1,523
    Religion:
    Not religious
    An education campaign would have made more sense than Abott swinging a hammer like this.

6. Bunyip

Bunyip pro scapegoat

Ratings:
    +1,523
    Religion:
    Not religious
    No, that is not true. Sure the anti-vaccers are unreasonable, but parents are not given enough information to make informed choices, and so get scared and look to the anti vaccers.

7. darkendless

Ratings:
    +1,024
    All information is available on government websites.

Most opposition i've seen on FB posts by media outlets is people mis-trust the government or actually believe that vaccinations are designed to hurt them.

Once again, unreasonable. The information is there for people who are curious. They'd rather do a 5 second google search and develop unreasonable suspicions.

• Like Like x 1
  8. darkendless

Ratings:
    +1,024
    So we can waste more money trying to convince people to drop their unreasonable reservations?

9. Bunyip

Bunyip pro scapegoat

Ratings:
    +1,523
    Religion:
    Not religious
    The amount of money 'wasted' on such education would barely buy you and me a beer buddy.

10. darkendless

Ratings:
    +1,024
    Knowing our government that's highly unlikely. QLD had a strong choices campaign educating people on potential asset sales which cost $70mil.

11. Bunyip

Bunyip pro scapegoat

Ratings:
    +1,523
    Religion:
    Not religious
    Try to find good information on the rates of catastrophic reactions in a form the average parent can understand. Give it a shot. I tried to inform myself, I asked the nurses and Doctors for information - they gave me a pamphlet with a picture of a bear with spots on it and told me I either wanted it or not. I ch9se to vaccinate, but did not feel that i made an informed decision.

12. Bunyip

Bunyip pro scapegoat

Ratings:
    +1,523
    Religion:
    Not religious
    Yeah, that's good news.

13. darkendless

Ratings:
    +1,024
    Google skews it because there are enough pseudo scientists out there who love to distort facts. Reactions are typically an insignificant percentage. Vaccinations are rigorously tested prior to distribution. Our medical standards are high.

I contracted hepatitis as a baby due to poor hygiene practices at the hospital i was born in and cannot be vaccinated against it. If some who is unvaccinated and a carrier comes into contact with me I am at serious risk. I have little sympathy for people who feel hard done by by these new rules. Their illogical choices have serious health risks for others.

14. Pegg

Pegg Jehovah our God is One

Ratings:
    +786
    Religion:
    Jehovah's Witness
    Thats ok by me. :)

15. Lyndon

Lyndon "Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,003
    Religion:
    Theism+Jesus(pbuh) influenced by....... Taoism and Buddhism
    If the vaccine works like they say it does, and you get vaccinated, you have nothing to worry about getting it from unvaccinated people, do you???

16. Pegg

Ratings:
    +786
    Religion:
    Jehovah's Witness
    why are some children unable to be vaccinated?

17. Pegg

Ratings:
    +786
    Religion:
    Jehovah's Witness
    vaccines are not always rigoursly tested prior to distribution. The gardisil vaccine is a recent example. It was approved and distributed without ANY human trials.

And how would you feel if it happens to be YOUR child who is among the 'insignificant' percentage who DO have serious reactions? Just collateral damage... but thats ok because the numbers are 'insignifcant'

Give me a 100% safety rating and i'll use every vaccine available.

So the same medical system who provides vaccines is also responsible for the unclean environments where you contracted a disease and you expected us to blindly put our trust in them by giving them the right to inject us with serums which were created in those very same unhygienic environments in the hope we dont get the diseases they breed......hmmmm interesting.

• Like Like x 2
  18. darkendless

Ratings:
    +1,024
    As I said before i'm susceptible to Hep B and cannot be vaccinated against it. The more people who choose not to be vaccinated results in a higher risk of one of them coming into contact with me as a carrier.

19. Pegg

Ratings:
    +786
    Religion:
    Jehovah's Witness
    No, apparently the vaccinated population are still at risk of contracting virus's from those who are not vaccinated.

Weird huh? o_O

20. darkendless

Ratings:
    +1,024
    Incorrect: HPV Vaccine Information For Young Women

An appeal to emotion, yawn.

Asking for such a thing is idiotic and unrealistic. That is not how medicine works.

A lot of things change in 25 years. I was born in a small New Zealand town.