• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New, and seeking information

Fleets1991

Hello all!
I was unsure of where to post this as there are so many forums to choose from, so decided that as I am new that might cover it. If you can sign post me to which discussions may be useful to me I would gladly check these out, as I am still getting to grips with the site. I am not a follower of any religion, and have not grown up with anything more than basic religious education in school. If any of the terms I use offend, please let me know, as this would not be my intention.

I am currently doing research for a book I am writing (I have been working on this for some time in my head, but have only recently started the writing process). I need to iron out some kinks in my story and as it centers around some religious concepts I am in need of some information.

I do not want to define one religious belief in my story, however the story is based on a son and father relationship, where the son is outcast from his family as he tried to take over as the head of the family, and is somewhat disobedient to his fathers wishes.

I have tried looking online for information surrounding angels and in particular Lucifer. From what I have read, different religious factions have different angels. Most note to Michael, but not all to Gabriel. I am looking for more information on the names of the archangels, why some use different names and more information on the war in Heaven, in which Michael defeats Lucifer (also, I have noted that Lucifer has many different names - which was his first?) As you see I have many questions, and I am looking for many answers, but also opinion of different people would also benefit my education on this matter.

I look forward to your reply.

Many thanks. NF

Tumah

Veteran Member
logo.png

It looks like your questions deal primarily with Christian beliefs. If you don't get too much info here, you can find them singing hymns in the Christian DIR.

Laika

Premium Member
Hey Fleets1991, welcome to RF and best of luck with your book. :)

Tumah is right to suggest looking in the Christian DIR. you may also want to post some respectful questions in the Left-Hand Path DIR if you are looking for something specifically related to Lucifer. the LHPs may give you an insight into his side of the story if you're thinking about characters, motivations and personal histories). I'm not familiar enough with the LHPs to know but I'm sure they'll give you a another angle for your book.

Just a note that DIRs are generally only for members of those groups, but non-members can post questions to get a better understanding of that group. I hope you find what you are looking for.

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
Hello all!.....
I am currently doing research for a book I am writing (I have been working on this for some time in my head, but have only recently started the writing process). I need to iron out some kinks in my story and as it centers around some religious concepts I am in need of some information.

I do not want to define one religious belief in my story, however the story is based on a son and father relationship, where the son is outcast from his family as he tried to take over as the head of the family, and is somewhat disobedient to his fathers wishes.

I have tried looking online for information surrounding angels and in particular Lucifer. From what I have read, different religious factions have different angels. .......

I look forward to your reply.

Many thanks. NF
Peace be on you. Welcome.
For your project, you may get some help @ Post # 11 @ http://www.religiousforums.com/thre...igion-teach-about-angels.185297/#post-4663025

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Greetings!

You're in luck this morning.
I stole some better than usual treats from the staff banquet hall...
th

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Welcome. Sounds like an interesting book you're working on. I wish you luck.

I would suggest that you skip both the Christian and the Left-Hand Path DIRs and post your questions in Comparative Religion. That way you won't have to make multiple threads about it and anyone from any religion can share their views and information. For example, I know quite a bit about this stuff, but I'm neither a Christian or Left-Hand Path. I would be glad to share my thoughts about it.

http://www.religiousforums.com/forums/comparative-religion.16/