• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Age experience

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
For a few months I was a member of a New Age friendship/dating site and I will try to outline my experiences.

Many of the New Age people were also Christian or wiccan. But mostly Christian. They wrote great profiles pages long. They had something called an "awakening" that they would mention quite often, to seem to refer to finding themselves and calling themselves New Age. Many decided to become vegan as part of their beliefs.

One interesting aspect is that these people claimed to be able to know whether to talk to you based on things like aura. And not so much the direct contents of your profile.

Some of the older women weren't on there for dating but to be Spirit Guides for people. In fact, it wasn't uncommon for a New Age person to seem to decide not to date/marry anyone else for the rest of their life, and to remain single and celibate.

The thing which interested me the most in all that I mentioned, was about the auras and such. I'd be surprised if such a subject, didn't interest most people.

You also couldn't go past too many profiles without them telling their views whether positive or negative on tantric sex.

Sirona

Hindu Wannabe
Interesting Wikipedia article on the subject: Spirit guide - Wikipedia

Just the subject of Spirit Guides, is a lot to fathom.

I have no personal experience it that field, but I'd say, just be careful whether these mediums want your best, your money.

This is a website I read regularly, from a woman named Pamela Kribbe, who claims to channel "Jeshua" / Jesus.

Jeshua Channelings

Maybe its just my opinion but I kept coming back to her website because I found a certain compassionate attitude in her that in my eyes sets her apart from the others. I even succumbed to buying one of her books, but you can find most of the material online.

There are also books that teach you how to channel spirit guides yourself. I read "Divine Guidance" by Doreen Virtue. To make a long story short, it actually works, but be careful, if you open yourself to them too much, these techniques can also be a fast track to serious mental problems.

Last edited: