• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Neutral spirits

Pedro Blids

Many religions believe in good spirits like angels and bad spirits like demons. What are different perspectives on the existence of neutral spirits? Whether spirits of the dead or otherwise

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
I think that in the spiritual conflict between good and evil there is no middle ground

So no, no scope for neutral spirits, sitting on the fence, IMO

I know this verse isn't from your tradition but I'm going to share it with you anyway: Matthew 12:30

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Many religions believe in good spirits like angels and bad spirits like demons. What are different perspectives on the existence of neutral spirits? Whether spirits of the dead or otherwise

I think it's the judgments resulting from ego that give humans the perception of 'good' and 'bad.'

As I see it, 'spirits' (the part of a human [or any other being] that survives temporal death) transcend the ego, and therefore, by default, are neutral.