• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Netanyahu won’t condemn the real danger to U.S. Jews: White nationalism

Not really -- being a Jew makes one a Jew. Orthodox people look at some others and say that they are not Jews because they don't satisfy the requirements as understood by Orthodox Jews. Now, truth be told, there are some on the more extreme right of the spectrum who look at those who don't practice as they practice as "less of a Jew" but that is a figure of speech which has little meaning.

This is true up a point- people can make a decision not to be a Jew, two examples of this are the brilliant Gilad Atzmon and Israel Shamir. A child born to Jewish parents is a not a Jew as such from the time that they are born, they become such by acculturation. Something (there are a lot of other things by the way) that proves the insanity of anti-Semitism as opposed to Judaeophobia is the decision of Hitlerites that Eastern European Karaites could not possibly be of similar blood to Jews as such because they had very little if any of the history of cruelty towards their non-Jewish neighbours as their Rabbinic brothers and sisters thus sparing them the concentration camps in which tragically so many patriotic Germans died because they descended from Rabbinic Jews.

rosends

This is true up a point- people can make a decision not to be a Jew, two examples of this are the brilliant Gilad Atzmon and Israel Shamir. A child born to Jewish parents is a not a Jew as such from the time that they are born, they become such by acculturation. Something (there are a lot of other things by the way) that proves the insanity of anti-Semitism as opposed to Judaeophobia is the decision of Hitlerites that Eastern European Karaites could not possibly be of similar blood to Jews as such because they had very little if any of the history of cruelty towards their non-Jewish neighbours as their Rabbinic brothers and sisters thus sparing them the concentration camps in which tragically so many patriotic Germans died because they descended from Rabbinic Jews.
This is your understanding, but not that of Judaism. If you want to speak from outside a system about the rules of the system then feel free. A child born to a Jewish mother is Jewish according to Jewish law. That's it. Someone converting in according to Jewish law is also Jewish. A person who makes the decision not to practice as a Jew or identify himself as a Jew is making a pronouncement on himself but not one that counts according to Jewish law.

sooda

Veteran Member
This is true up a point- people can make a decision not to be a Jew, two examples of this are the brilliant Gilad Atzmon and Israel Shamir. A child born to Jewish parents is a not a Jew as such from the time that they are born, they become such by acculturation.

Something (there are a lot of other things by the way) that proves the insanity of anti-Semitism as opposed to Judaeophobia is the decision of Hitlerites that Eastern European Karaites could not possibly be of similar blood to Jews as such because they had very little if any of the history of cruelty towards their non-Jewish neighbours as their Rabbinic brothers and sisters thus sparing them the concentration camps in which tragically so many patriotic Germans died because they descended from Rabbinic Jews.

Who had little history of cruelty towards their non Jewish neighbors?

Who had little history of cruelty towards their non Jewish neighbors?

The karaites- they are a Jewish sect that started in the 9 th century AD in the Middle East as response to Islamic polemics against Rabbinic Judaism. They are I suppose Jewish Protestants in that they only accept as binding their Bible which is the same as the Rabbinic Tanakh. At one time they were a force to be reckoned with in Eastern Europe particularly in Crimea, Little Russia and Lithuania.

sooda

Veteran Member
The karaites- they are a Jewish sect that started in the 9 th century AD in the Middle East as response to Islamic polemics against Rabbinic Judaism. They are I suppose Jewish Protestants in that they only accept as binding their Bible which is the same as the Rabbinic Tanakh. At one time they were a force to be reckoned with in Eastern Europe particularly in Crimea, Little Russia and Lithuania.

This is new to me.

Karaism is the original form of Judaism as prescribed by God in the Torah. Karaite Judaism rejects later additions to the Tanach (Jewish Bible) such as the Rabbinic Oral Law. Karaism is the original form of Judaism as prescribed by God in the Torah. Karaite Judaism rejects later additions to the Tanach (Jewish Bible) such as the Rabbinic Oral Law and places the ultimate responsibility of interpreting the Bible on each individual. Karaism does not reject Biblical interpretation but rather holds every interpretation up to the same objective scrutiny regardless of its source.

Karaite Korner
karaite-korner.org/

rosends

The Karaites are being a bit simplistically rendered here. The fact is, they don't reject "later additions to the Tanach (Jewish Bible) such as the Rabbinic Oral Law" nor do they allow every individual to come up with his own opinion. Local communities subscribe to the interpretations of a local elder but they reject the notion of a centralized and canonized corpus of oral law (I get this from conversations with modern day Karaites -- there is a community in LA and a website)

This is your understanding, but not that of Judaism. If you want to speak from outside a system about the rules of the system then feel free. A child born to a Jewish mother is Jewish according to Jewish law. That's it. Someone converting in according to Jewish law is also Jewish. A person who makes the decision not to practice as a Jew or identify himself as a Jew is making a pronouncement on himself but not one that counts according to Jewish law.

Tell that to the Jews thrown out of the British Labour Party for supposed anti-Semitism. Tell that to former Jews who are persecuted for supposed anti-Semitism. The system you talk about makes it's own rules as it goes along. Below is a Yale academic praising it for this- however her praise has to viewed through the lens of the fact that one in three of the kids in the so-called "occupied territories" have been permanently crippled for life by Israeli bullets which are designed to explode on penetration according to the World Health Organization, the Zionist falsification of history and so forth.

rosends

Tell that to the Jews thrown out of the British Labour Party for supposed anti-Semitism. Tell that to former Jews who are persecuted for supposed anti-Semitism. The system you talk about makes it's own rules as it goes along. Below is a Yale academic praising it for this- however her praise has to viewed through the lens of the fact that one in three of the kids in the so-called "occupied territories" have been permanently crippled for life by Israeli bullets which are designed to explode on penetration according to the World Health Organization, the Zionist falsification of history and so forth.

Your response has nothing to do with what I stated. When you figure out how to stay focused, let me know. I was making a claim about the laws of Judaism. If you have any other insights about that in particular, feel free to let me know.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
A key Palestinian right is the right to return. How can you support that and a be a staunch Zionist?

Okay but that definition includes the right of Jews to murder, terrorize and steal from the indigenous population because somehow they deserve to because of their families' Religious background. Remember now that there was no historical exile of Jews from Palestine since the time of the Babylonian Empire, the whole idea of the Romans exiling them is a myth. You do not create a Jewish homeland in a largely non-Jewish country without wholesale murder, terror, intimidation and theft.

Zionism has been an ethno-nationalist project from day one and the colonial state has always had extremely strict laws about immigration. So these people support extreme and violent ethno-nationalism for Jews but the opposite for "White people" in the United States. Think- was it such a stretch for the shooter to presume that this was because they were out to get people like him? Come on now. I am not excusing him at all but the attack should not have come as a surprise.

The below pamphlet drawing on key Religious texts of Rabbinic Judaism , written by one of the world's leading Rabbis and appearing on an "Israeli" website outlines simply Jewish values. If you want to go further in depth than the book "Jewish History, Jewish Religion" by Professor Israel Shahak would be an excellent place to start.

Gentiles in Halacha | Daat Emet
I still see you trying to make excuses for why a subhuman waste of life gunned down multiple defenseless elderly people in their place of worship. No, it's not justifiable. At all. These cowards always choose defenseless people. They're not attacking Crips and Bloods (for the ones who hate black people), IDF soldiers (for the ones who hate Jews and Zionists) or ISIS fighters (for the ones who hate Muslims). No, they choose harmless people like old people and children worshipping at their holy place.

I have a lot of problems with the Israeli lobby in America, being that I'm a nationalist myself. I think it's something that America should stay out of. I support self-determination for all people, but I don't feel that the Israel question should concern me as I'm not a Jew or a follower of Abrahamic religion. Not my people, nothing to do with me. Let them sort it out on their own. I can sympathize with the Palestinians. So I'm not excusing the state of Israel or imperialist versions of Zionism.

But you are ascribing all sorts of things to this congregation just because they're Jewish and allegedly Zionist, with no proof for it. You're also only presenting a very narrow and extreme definition of Zionism, ignoring the more liberal and leftist views of it.