• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Netanyahu Says He Has Formed New Government

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Benjamin Netanyahu has formed a new Israeli government:

JERUSALEM (AP) — Designated Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu announced late Wednesday that he has successfully formed a new coalition, setting the stage for him to return to power as head of the most right-wing Israeli government ever to hold office.

Netanyahu already has reached agreements with some of the most controversial figures in Israeli politics.

Itamar Ben-Gvir, who once was convicted of incitement to racism and supporting a terrorist organization, has been appointed security minister — a new position
that will place him in charge of the national police force.

His running mate, Bezalel Smotrich, a West Bank settler leader who believes Israel should annex the occupied territory, is set to receive widespread authority over West Bank settlement construction, in addition to serving as finance minister.

Before the government is sworn in, Netanyahu will try to push through a series of laws needed to expand Ben-Gvir’s authority over the police and to create a new ministerial position granting Smotrich powers in the West Bank that in the past were held by the defense minister.

Israel's Netanyahu says he has formed new government

I have a Palestinian friend who lives in the West Bank, and she and her family have experienced a lot of difficulty due to Israeli policies there. I'm deeply worried for her after reading this news.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
The new zionist Nazis are in control, a convicted terrorist is in charge of the police forces

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
The new zionist Nazis are in control, a convicted terrorist is in charge of the police forces

Please do not overuse or misapply the word "Nazis" so casually as to minimize its gravity. "Zionist Nazis" is an especially blatant example of this, whether intentional or not. It is entirely possible to highlight Israel's and Netanyahu's crimes and abuses without resorting to that.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
The zionist history and treatment of the native inhabitants of Palestine has become very similar to the earlier actions of the Nazis in Germany, Gaza is no different than the Ghettos in Warsaw, we can only pray they don't take it one step further to a final solution which may involve nuclear weapons

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
The zionist history and treatment of the native inhabitants of Palestine has become very similar to the earlier actions of the Nazis in Germany, Gaza is no different than the Ghettos in Warsaw, we can only pray they don't take it one step further to a final solution which may involve nuclear weapons

I don't need such comparisons in order to express solidarity with Palestinians or call out Israeli crimes.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I have a Palestinian friend who lives in the West Bank, and she and her family have experienced a lot of difficulty due to Israeli policies there. I'm deeply worried for her after reading this news
No surprise to me

I have 'worried' since the start of Covid seeing how Israel changed into a fully controlled State, imposing vaccine on all etc. etc. Made it clear to me right then which direction they are heading

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Made it clear to me right then which direction they are heading
Being healthy?

In any case, a relative of mine here in Israel has not received a single vaccination. A lot of the mad scramble for vaccines in Israel was from fear from the virus. Many businesses wanted to reopen without having to quarantine again. Much of the reinforcement of the vaccinations came down to such businesses. But if you really wanted to, you could go about without getting vaccinated. As is evident by people such as my relative. No, the government did not send out elite SWAT teams to forcefully stab people with vaccine needles.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Israel's Netanyahu says he has formed new government

I have a Palestinian friend who lives in the West Bank, and she and her family have experienced a lot of difficulty due to Israeli policies there. I'm deeply worried for her after reading this news.
Just curious - I heard Palestinians in Egypt don't exactly have rights, but please correct me if I'm wrong. Do you advocate for them there as well or are you sticking with UNWRA's policy that they should remain non-citizens with minimal to no rights until they get control of the whole of Israel?

stvdv

A lot of the mad scramble for vaccines in Israel was from fear from the virus
This fear I understand very well

First day I read the official News about Covid, I decided (common sense) to stay inside for 1 month. Because they told us the virus was kind of lethal, very dangerous and many people died.

After 2 weeks I got confident that the Government had been lying about the severity of Covid, and I went outside again.

Since then I never took precautions again, well not their advised precaution.

I rather take my own responsibility and increased my immune system with at least 500%, so I need not worry about Covid, unless they let escape a really lethal virus from their virus labs of course

stvdv

A lot of the mad scramble for vaccines in Israel was from fear from the virus

I am curious:
How is the overall health of the Israeli?

From Americans it is known that they have lots of obesitas, even very young children.

Obesitas is a major cause that ones immune system gets weakened
Evidence: to fight of a bigger army and/or protect a bigger area will cost you more and stronger weapens...immune system being the weapon in this analogy. So without strong enough weapons you will lose the battle.

Holland follows America, but luckily slowly, so obesitas is less in Holland than in America, hence less Covid trouble due to obesitas.
@stvdvRF

Last edited:

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
The rise of the far right is usually very bad news, and a sign of how dangerously disinterested in sane politics the masses have become.

I fear that this is precisely what has happened time and again in various countries in recent years, and what is happening again now in Israel.

Which, to be fair, seems to be an incredibly challenging place to govern.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
What! So everything I ever learned about the Holocaust was wrong. So you're telling me that when the Jews were locked in the ghettos built in countries where they had citizenship, there weren't evil Nazis marching around there all day, occasionally organizing Aktions to ship off specifically-chosen or randomly-chosen Jews to the work and death camps or else shooting any Jew they didn't like the look of randomly in the streets, or just mocking them or torturing them for the fun of it all, and the Jews were actually led by terrorist organizations and all the while they were actually receiving billions of dollars from the Arab States of the Persian Gulf??? Who knew?!

"No different", my eye. I recommend doing some basic reading, instead of spilling more ignorant posts. Let's start with the fact that there was only one ghetto in Warsaw.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Thanks for sharing your opnion on that
I don't want to push this thread further off-topic, but I have to say that it does not reflect well on you to call such a respectful call to sobriety an "opinion".

stvdv

You brought up this subject to make a point about how evil Israel is becoming
Not "how evil"...
not "just Israel"

BUT just how our governments:
Impose unreasonable fear on all people"
Demonize people who decide to not vaccinate (Covid)

I won't be further replying to this subject, because it's off-topic to this thread
True, I realised this just after replying
Seems a good plan,

stvdv