• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nesra/Nasr

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
Didn't really know where to put this, but I figured I'd ask: anyone know anything religious/historic about the Arabic god Nesra/Nasr? All I can find is that it's a vulture-god, or related to a vulture. Anything else survive the eras?

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Still curious if there is any more information beyond that? That was good info for introducing him, but I think more could be learnt? Maybe I'm asking for too much lol...

mimpibird39

So Many Gods!
Still curious if there is any more information beyond that? That was good info for introducing him, but I think more could be learnt? Maybe I'm asking for too much lol...

There's just doesn't seem to be a whole lot of information out there. At least not in English. I'll keep looking since I'm really interested in Arabian paganism/polytheism now.

There seems to be a bit of information about Nesra in this book. You can get a free PDF of that book here. I don't know how good this book is though since I didn't read it yet. I just flipped through it,

Shia Islam

Quran and Ahlul-Bayt a.s.
Premium Member
Arabian paganism/polytheism has died with the advent of Islam...
It has completely ended...

There are some reports however saying that some Arabs used to hide small idols after the advent of Islam...

Ultimately Arabian paganism/polytheism has died.

During the era that directly followed the death of prophet Muhammed (s) Many Arab pagans were covertly opposing Islam and had sought to take revenge from the prophet Muhammed by killing his family and hijacking his religion...

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
Arabian paganism/polytheism has died with the advent of Islam...
It has completely ended...

There are some reports however saying that some Arabs used to hide small idols after the advent of Islam...

Ultimately Arabian paganism/polytheism has died.

During the era that directly followed the death of prophet Muhammed (s) Many Arab pagans were covertly opposing Islam and had sought to take revenge from the prophet Muhammed by killing his family and hijacking his religion...

It's not really an issue of whether it continues to be followed. It's an issue of what knowledge was left on the deity.