• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nephilim

anders

There are basically two translations of 'nephilim'. One concentrates on the Hebrew root n-f-l 'to fall', and understands it as "the fallen ones". The other, majority, one reads 'giants'.

For an introduction, try Wikipedia.

Personally, I find them only marginally more interesting than Harry Potter and his friends or similar fictional characters.

Hope

Princesinha
I've always thought they were the fallen angels themselves, because doesn't Genesis say they bred with women, because they thought the women were beautiful? And to my understanding the giants mentioned in the Bible were the offspring and descendents of the Nephilim and the human women who had relations with them.

I want your opnions on this biblical race of people!

Have you even heard of them?
Yes, I have. They are the offspring of the "sons of God" and the "daughters of men" in Genesis. I personally believe that the sons of God there are fallen angels, but I have heard other interpretations as well.

!Fluffy!

Lacking Common Sense
So I assume that they where wiped out by the Great Flood that the Lord sent during thet ime of Noah.

Gen. 6:4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown.

I read one commentator that believed they may have been the cause, they were demonic beings who infected mankind with a particularly virulent and horrific form of sinfulness. Supposedly these demonic beings mated with human females because they wanted to insure that humans were destroyed by sin to prevent the Messiah's ascendency through the house of David.

Gen. 6:5 Then the LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great on the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

6 The LORD was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart. 7The LORD said, "I will blot out man whom I have created from the face of the land, from man to animals to creeping things and to birds of the sky; for I am sorry that I have made them."

SirKnight1788

ChosenKnight
Gen. 6:4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown.

I read one commentator that believed they may have been the cause, they were demonic beings who infected mankind with a particularly virulent and horrific form of sinfulness. Supposedly these demonic beings mated with human females because they wanted to insure that humans were destroyed by sin to prevent the Messiah's ascendency through the house of David.

Gen. 6:5 Then the LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great on the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

6 The LORD was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart. 7The LORD said, "I will blot out man whom I have created from the face of the land, from man to animals to creeping things and to birds of the sky; for I am sorry that I have made them."

It is a fasanating subject! Do you know the name of that commentator

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
So I assume that they where wiped out by the Great Flood that the Lord sent during the time of Noah.

Yes and No. The flood wiped out the ones that were here at the time. But they came back and "mated" again i.e. Goliath was a Nephilim. Also near the end times the fallen angels will come back to tempt humankind yet again.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
The most humorous idea that I've heard about the Nephilim is that it is a "biblical proof" of an "alien race".:yoda:

Well perhaps so Lawrence, though the Nephilim were still men in that they were born of women, they were sired by the sons of Elohim, the 'watchers'. According to the one of the apocryphal books of the bible, The Book of Enoch, these watchers that left their heavenly post and descended to earth are considered fallen angels. Some scholars believe the descent was a spiritual one as in incarnation, others believe them to be actual ET types. These rebellious watchers and then their nephilim offspring lorded over and corrupted lessor mankind to the point that the Most High decided on the flood as a means to wipe out the nephilim and all mankind that they had corrupted, but that Noah was to be saved, and the fallen angels were to be quarantined.

Given the state of the world today, one wonders if the some of the fallen angels have not escaped from their quarantine, or have been released on purpose for the testing of this generation of humanity. It could be a coincidence, but perhaps not, that in the context of Jesus speaking about the time of the so called second coming, the timing is unknown but "The coming of the Son of Man will be like what happened in the days of Noah." Matthew 24:37.

"The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown"

Some say these are the Greek and Roman Gods like Zeus, Apollo and so forth. They mated with females and made demi Gods :
men of renown.

Julius Caesar was said to be of this line.

It is all theory, Zeus and the rest were likely angles or young Gods, the literal Children of God Almighty, I tend to believe something like this is true.

Likely, Zeus and the Rest, found Dad's World and wanted to play with it. They did, until Dad found out.

I think they were all over the World, and influenced the older Religions and Myths of most of the world.

All native cultures I can think of Wore some sort of Dress and Head Dress, like Ropes and a Halo. This seem to fit, Man would want to be like these "Young Gods". This explains how Man all over the World had this habit of Dress and Headdress.

The ten commandments/Good Book do not say, God is the only God, they say he is a jealous God.

You shall not worship them or serve them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God

Jealous of whom?

Super Universe

Defender of God
You resurrected an old post.

Just as we have many workers to do many jobs in our country so too does the universe.
Nephilim, Elohim, or Shining Ones, are all names primitive humans gave to the various celestial beings who were here on the earth back then. They were here with Adam and Eve trying to teach the primitive humans science, agriculture, and a true theory of God.

The humans kept falling back into their old ways of animal/wind/sun worship and even tried to worship the celestial beings as gods. After the default of Adam and Eve they both became mortal and eventually died. Then came the Lucifer rebellion in which more celestial beings were cut off from their universal ties so they then interbred with the humans.

I've over simplified what really happened a great deal to make it short. It's all explained in the UB.

Enoch has much to say on the matter.....u can read more about it there.....
the Angels of the rebellion were chained but the children were allowed to live and caused to kill one another.....me thinks this is still happening as they descended in the time of the flood AND after.

As for Jealous.....he is also ZEALOUS....dedicated to the cause until the end. He sees out a matter until the end....he doesnt change.....he created the world alone even though he did take councel with his Heavenly court. (see Rashi's commentary of Genesis 1) Jealous and Zealous for his people...those who cleave to him.

Rapha

Given the state of the world today, one wonders if the some of the fallen angels have not escaped from their quarantine, or have been released on purpose for the testing of this generation of humanity. It could be a coincidence, but perhaps not, that in the context of Jesus speaking about the time of the so called second coming, the timing is unknown but "The coming of the Son of Man will be like what happened in the days of Noah." Matthew 24:37.
Correct.
Its a relief to see that many people know that the nephilim walk amongst us everyday.

If eternal fire and damnation cannot destroy a spirit, how can water and drowning kill a spirit?

Remember, Enoch was told by YHWH that the fallen ones, their wives and children will always be damned to traverse this world for eternity until Judgement Day.

Nephil spirit is simply another word for ghost, ancestral spirit, the damned, eternally dead, jinn, the rephaim, negative entity and giants.

You are correct when you say that YHWH has released them from captivity in Tartarus which is a containment system for the fallen men of God.

I have a question for believers: can any of the nephilim be forgiven and saved from returning home to Tartarus if they seek forgivness for their sins like any human can ?

Is it the nephilim's fault that their original human DNA was tainted with celestral (angel) DNA ?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
I have a question for believers: can any of the nephilim be forgiven and saved from returning home to Tartarus if they seek forgivness for their sins like any human can ?

Is it the nephilim's fault that their original human DNA was tainted with celestral (angel) DNA ?

Not sure that I qualify as a believer, though it seems plausible that entities such as represented by the concept of Nephilim do exist, but not in their original form.

The only way these Nephilim spirits could attain liberation would be to first incarnate in human form which one presumes is happening and is the reason the world is in such a degraded state. Now it is possible imho, that if any of these incarnate Nephilim spirits were seen as worthy for entry upon the 'straight' path, and were ready to make the necessary additional sacrifices to realize a state of humility appropriate for progress towards liberation like the rest of human souls, then it would be allowed.

Alas though, it seems their predisposition for self gratification and will take the vast majority of them, and the vast majority of human souls who are deceived by the global media marketing of self indulgent pleasure and pride, down the path that leads to destruction.

Christina83

Chrissie
The flood wiped out the ones that were here at the time. But they came back and "mated" again i.e. Goliath was a Nephilim.

Goliath wasn't a Nephilim.
He was a giant from the city of Gath, champion of the Philistine army.
Goliath towered to the extraordinary height of 2.9m or 9.5ft.
Goliath may have been a mercenary soldier with the Philistine army.

The bible says all Nephilims were destroied during the flood and does not say that Goliath was a Nephilim. He is simply described as a giant.