• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NeoPagan Magic

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Who are your favorite NeoPagan Magick authors and practitioners? With the wide array of books out there, which magicians do you hold dear to your practice?

Ashoka

श्री कृष्णा शरणं मम
Oh man, there are so many!

Ellen Dugan. She wrote a lot of kitchen/cottage/garden witchery books, which is right up my alley.

I also really like Raymond Buckland (although I'm not a Seax Wiccan) and Scott Cunningham (even though he tends to be a bit fluffy sometimes, his contributions to Wicca and paganism in general are HUGE.

As far as practitioners go, I just love T Thorn Coyle. I love her heart, her empathy. She's just such a kind woman.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
I remember a long time ago being inspired by Starhawk's The Spiral Dance. I also enjoyed reading Scott Cunningham and Christopher Penczak.

Personally, as of late, I have found more inspiration from other sources outside specifically NeoPaganism, like Joseph Campbell.

Ashoka

श्री कृष्णा शरणं मम
I remember a long time ago being inspired by Starhawk's The Spiral Dance. I also enjoyed reading Scott Cunningham and Christopher Penczak.

Personally, as of late, I have found more inspiration from other sources outside specifically NeoPaganism, like Joseph Campbell.

Starhawk is awesome. She's part of "Reclaiming" Witchcraft, an offshoot of the lesser-known Feri Tradition. It's really fascinating, and I'd probably join it if it wasn't so sex-saturated (I'm asexual lol).

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Starhawk is awesome. She's part of "Reclaiming" Witchcraft, an offshoot of the lesser-known Feri Tradition. It's really fascinating, and I'd probably join it if it wasn't so sex-saturated (I'm asexual lol).

I read her when I was a sex-fueled college kid, so no problems there with me! :D

I remember liking her more transcendental take on modern Paganism. Like, reading Buckland, Cunninham, and those folks was great and I enjoy them, but they leave a lot of the deep philosophy for the practitioner to discover.

Hildeburh

Being an Anglo-Saxon pagan I prefer historical sources for magic, charms and language, such as:

Anglo-Saxon Charms
The Exeter book
Lacnunga
Anglo-Saxon Chronicles
Bede

I don't like Neo-pagan authors, or have yet to find one that doesn't conflate either modern neo-paganism or Norse sources with Anglo-Saxon history/myth/magic.

Bill Griffith: Aspects of Anglo-Saxon Magic is also a classic. Not a pagan author but an excellent summary of historical sources.

Tamino

Dr Angela Puca - I recommended her YouTube channel elsewhere, she's super cool. She writes scientific texts, however.

For my personal practice... Robert Ritner, of course: "The mechanics of ancient Egyptian magical Practice "