• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Neo-Paganism"

Circle_One

My personal favorite was the 'hearter witch'. You remember her? Being a 'hearter' (Whatever the hell that was), she was the most powerful witch EVER! And since we had never heard of a hearter witch, none of us knew anything about what we were discussing. She was fun.

I just never got the "Born Witch" thing. Oooohhh, someone was a naturally born witch on the Craft, which means there must be such a thing, so obviously, I am one too! Come on now.

Sadly, I don't remember the Harry Potter religion girl, must have been after my time. Ahh, those were the good old days. How I would love to see your old screenies!

Sagira

I just barely remember the 'hearter' girl. I don't think I started taking screenies until after her time, though.

And no, the hogwarts religion girl was still in your time. It was when I had my fluff shrine up. Hey, I think I still have the fluff shrine, come to think of it.

Circle_One

Oooohhh! *gets excited* I will definitely have to see it sometime soon.

The Hearter chick was too fun. I think Brian may have been there too.

Hmmm...where is that boy? We need to get his butt back on here Star. I'll see if I can catch him on MSN sometime soon.

Sagira

I sent our dear Bryan the link to this thread on his MSN. With any luck, he will see it when he gets back and come runnin'. -laughs-

It'll be like a family renuion; minus the relatives that you hate. =D

Dinogrrl

peeb!
But...magick is teh bestest! We must all be gud wymyn wytches and speel magick teh proper wey or the spiritz will be mad at us!!1!

Sagira

But...magick is teh bestest! We must all be gud wymyn wytches and speel magick teh proper wey or the spiritz will be mad at us!!1!
Lykomgz u r svch a n00b!11 teh spiritx wud neva b mad @ meh!! :k

(Why do I suddenly feel like I'm back on the EMS, Blood (C1)?)

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
Circle_One said:
Ah, I hate this. I've heard this so many times "I was BORN a witch!" Oh yeah? Were you born floating pencils and changing people into frogs too? Gah, Star, you remember how many fluffy bunnies we used to get who would claim this?
:) Kinda figured that would get to you C1 . As I said , those aren't my opinions . However I can assure you that at lest one lady who has told me that is no " fluff bunny ". No she is something quite different .

Now , IMHO we are all " born Witches " if you follow . It is just that some know it , others learn it , and some denile it ... But that is just my opinion .

Sorry about not replying earlier . I got kinda busy and forgot about that post .

Unedited

I have this conversation at least once a month

FB: <insert nonsense>
Me: Actually, that’s not true, you see <insert explanation on why FB is an idiot>
FB: Well, you don’t know anything. How long have you been a witch anyway?
Me: I’m not a witch.
FB: Well then you couldn’t possibly understand!
Me: I’m not a witch, I’m a Wiccan and nobody could understand the things that are coming out of your mouth!
FB: Well I’ve been a Wiccan for two whole months now, which is long enough to know that a Wiccan is a witch! You’re so stupid!
Me: Wiccan is not a replacement word for witch. They are too entirely different words, like <insert rude metaphor that insults liberals> And I’ve been studying the religion for four years now. And that’s long to know that you can’t possibly understand the entire religion in just two months time. (I’ve still a lot to learn after four years, but I’m not about to admit that now! :))
FB: Well I’ve just been practicing for two months. I’ve been a witch all my life really. I was born one! I didn’t just decide to become one like you did!
Me: <insert much cursing and a murder attempt>

Nothing wears down my patience quicker than a person who thinks knowledge can be measured by time.

EDIT: Sorry for being completely off topic.

Sagira

=D

Those sound like many conversations I have had, I'm afraid. They can be quite amusing, hehe.

Although, here is my favorite type of conversation;

*Me joins some Wiccan chatroom somewhere*

Me: Hi, I have some questions about the different terms for magic, can anyone help me out?
LadyRaven: The correct spelling is 'magick', magic is the bunny-in-hate type stuff.
Me: Er, ok. Can you tell me more about that term, then?
LadyRaven: Sorry, it takes many years of study to learn how to practice magick.
Me: I never said that I wanted to learn how to practice magic (nor that I didn't already), I just would like to know more about the term 'magick'.
LadyRaven: As I said, it is how we, real witches, distinguish between illusion and our magick. And it takes years of study to master. It isn't something you should take lightly. If you're in it to try and change your eye colour, cast love spells, and smite people, you should put down your copy of 'The Craft' and pick up a book. (insert more random ranting here)
Me: -blank look- Yes, that must be why I'm here. Thank you so much for your lovely words of wisdom. I must go and sulk now, and then change my horrible, horrible ways.

*Me leaves Wiccan chatroom, laughing hysterically*

I honestly can't count how many times I've had a conversation like that. It is sad, sad, sad. <3

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
:)

I have often wondered why so many appear to define what they are by defining what they are not ?

* ogre contemplating *

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
kreeden said:
I have often wondered why so many appear to define what they are by defining what they are not ?
I suspect it's because it requires a lot less thinking to do it that way.

Circle_One

Sagira said:
Lykomgz u r svch a n00b!11 teh spiritx wud neva b mad @ meh!! :k

(Why do I suddenly feel like I'm back on the EMS, Blood (C1)?)
AHAHAHAHA!!!! Because you've pretty much just stepped into a time warp Star, that has transported you back to the days of EMS and has maliciously surrounded you by Fluffies because teh spirytz are just playful like that.

Kreeden said:
Now , IMHO we are all " born Witches " if you follow . It is just that some know it , others learn it , and some denile it ... But that is just my opinion .
I think we are all born with the capabilities to become Witches, it's just a matter of studying and harnessing the power given to you by the Goddess. Some choose to use that energy, while some don't.

In my opinion, no one is born "a witch". They aren't born with the inherent abilities to perform magick, however, they are born with the energy and power to become one, as I stated. But as you said, that's just my opinion.

Kinda figured that would get to you C1 . As I said , those aren't my opinions . However I can assure you that at lest one lady who has told me that is no " fluff bunny ". No she is something quite different .
:D Yes, Star (Sagira) and I have had to endure many mindless ranting sessions from those who were "born" witches and so it has come to annoy us greatly when people say this.

Unedited, you so would have enjoyed the EMS board that Star and I used to frequent. It was filled to overflowing with people just as the one you described. So much fun.

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
Circle_One said:
In my opinion, no one is born "a witch". They aren't born with the inherent abilities to perform magick, however, they are born with the energy and power to become one, as I stated. But as you said, that's just my opinion.
Now that would be an interesting debate C1 . :) Do we " learn " to perform magic , or do we just " learn " to control what we already can do ? But like many debates , I think it would come down to definations . What is magic ?

Now , I want to point out that I am using Witch in a general sense here , not as a reference to a Wiccan . And I mean no offence to the Wiccan beliefs .

Circle_One

kreeden said:
Now , I want to point out that I am using Witch in a general sense here , not as a reference to a Wiccan . And I mean no offence to the Wiccan beliefs
I, too, am using the term Witch in a general sense because, one doesn't need to be Wiccan to be a witch. As someone pointed out earlier, the terms Witch and Wiccan are not interchangable. I don't think you would be offending any one Kreeden, at least I don't see how anyone could take offense to the way you were using the term.

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
Cool . :) Thank you C1 . I know that this subject is a very personal one , and just wanted to make sure that you and everyone realized that I wasn't attacking any set of beliefs .

BTW I have no desire to debate you or anyone on Magic . :) I was just typing out load ... ;) But it would be an interesting topic . There are many theories .

Sagira

AHAHAHAHA!!!! Because you've pretty much just stepped into a time warp Star, that has transported you back to the days of EMS and has maliciously surrounded you by Fluffies because teh spirytz are just playful like that.
Awh, now that's just mean. I haven't prepared for any fluffly guests. You understand how these things are, of course. One must never be un-prepared. =(

Yes, Star (Sagira) and I have had to endure many mindless ranting sessions from those who were "born" witches and so it has come to annoy us greatly when people say this.

Unedited, you so would have enjoyed the EMS board that Star and I used to frequent. It was filled to overflowing with people just as the one you described. So much fun.
I concur, our old prowling grounds were quite fun. You would probably enjoy it. We had a pretty good group of people that we always chatted about with. Mind you, it was sort of clicky. =/

-coughs- Anyway, getting back to topics for a second;

I don't think it really matters wether you use the term 'Pagan' or 'Neo-Pagan'. Why? Old Pagans don't exist anymore, we ARE the only Pagans around. So, unless you're talking about ancient Pagans/Paganism and Neo-Pagans/Neo-Paganism at the same time, I see no reason to distinguish between the two. Does that make sense? I can understand why people would use Neo-Pagan, but I don't really see the need. Obviously, we don't practice everything that the original Pagans did, but all cultures and religions change with time.

I think we are all born with the capabilities to become Witches, it's just a matter of studying and harnessing the power given to you by the Goddess. Some choose to use that energy, while some don't.

As someone else said, this would all come down to what your definition for 'magic' is. Some people are born able to harness certain abilities without ever being taught, and others arent. However, being able to harness psychic abilities/use energy doesn't make one a witch, does it? I guess it comes down to more definitions. What is a 'witch'? -shrugs-