• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Neo-Nazi in coast guard plotted attack on Democrats and journalists, say prosecutors

Are Trump lovers dangerous?

• Total voters

Cooky

Veteran Member
More info: Christopher Hasson: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

All pretty damning. So, how are the Trumpettes going to respond? No real Scotsman the heck outta this guy, or just ignore it and hope it goes away? Possibly a loud refrain of "innocent until proven guilty", the legal foundation they love so dearly until anyone they don't like is even tangentially accused of any crime...

Since the whole fate of the Trump admistration and the reputation of all Trump supporters depends on this coast guard guy, I think "innocent until proven guilty" is our best bet.

...Whattya say guys?

tenor-10.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
More info: https://heavy.com/news/2019/02/chri...ubaXIusDqCvgBpuYtUpXMYCg-_h9rxHtth7239tJT-EhQ

All pretty damning. So, how are the Trumpettes going to respond? No real Scotsman the heck outta this guy, or just ignore it and hope it goes away? Possibly a loud refrain of "innocent until proven guilty", the legal foundation they love so dearly until anyone they don't like is even tangentially accused of any crime...
To be fair Trump supporters are not responsible for the actions (or intentions) of this guy.

But Trump himself as President does have a responsibility to address this and denounce terrorism done in his name.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
"A neo-Nazi serving as a lieutenant in the US coast guard has been caught plotting to attack Democratic members of Congress, including congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, and well-known media personalities, according to prosecutors.

Christopher Hasson intended “to murder innocent civilians on a scale rarely seen in this country”, according to a filing to federal court in Maryland. Law enforcement officers seized 15 guns and 1,000 rounds of ammunition from his home.

Prosecutors said Hasson was a “domestic terrorist” and should be detained. He was arrested last week on drugs and weapons charges."

Neo-Nazi in coast guard plotted attack on Democrats and journalists, say prosecutors
What's the arrest really over his intentions or the drugs?

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
To be fair Trump supporters are not responsible for the actions (or intentions) of this guy.
Again; It was a bit of a tongue in cheek response to the poll in this thread; Man pulls a gun on a couple in a Sam’s Club store because they wore MAGA hats

I don't really believe such large groups can all be classed as dangerous or not. I was trying to make a point. Still, I do hope some of the Trumpettes see this and think of it before posting their next alarmist "ZOMG! anti-Trump people are so mean and dangerous and want to kill us all" thread.

As usual, my point here is to point out the hypocrisy of Trumpettes, rather than hold them responsible for this guy's actions per se.

That said, if you don't think that the noise made by other Trump supporters and Trump himself enabled and encouraged this guy, I have a bridge to sell you. Yes, he IS at the extreme end of the continuum, but it IS a continuum.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

But Trump himself as President does have a responsibility to address this and denounce terrorism done in his name.
He might be gun shy.
After all, he denounced the attack on Smallett, but look how that turned out.
Here he sides against a racist homophobic attack which was blamed upon
him....but lo! Twas actuallly a racist homophobic political attack aimed at him.

Before denouncing anything, tis best to wait a week...see how it plays out.