• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Neil deGrasse Tyson’s Message To People Who Think Pope Francis Shouldn’t Talk About Climate Change

kepha31

If an atheist speaks the truth on any given matter, then it is the truth. Truth is not dependent on the source to be true. In this case, Fish and Bread (whom I don't know) posted an article favorable to the Pope and he is not giving advice. Astrophysicist and talk show host Neil deGrasse Tyson tweeted this:
“Yes, it’s possible to be a supreme holy figure yet still know what you are talking about regarding the Climate,”

I don't know Neil deGrasse Tyson either, but at least he acknowledged the Pope as a "supreme holy figure" who draws from a body of the world's top scientists that contributed to the formulation of the Climate encyclical.

It's refreshing to see a talk show host not make any obscene Catholic bashing remarks which is the TV fashion these days. At least none that I am aware of.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It's another reason why Tyson is one of my favorite pop-sci scientists. He certainly has done a lot of work in extending science to the public, and making it as friendly and comfortable as possible for even those who are anti-science.
I don't take advice on religious matters from atheists who deride the notion that God created us.
Tyson isn't an atheist. He is on the record saying he is agnostic (more specifically, he cites himself as being first-and-foremost a scientist). And in that video he didn't ridicule the idea that god created us, he was pointing out the flaws in the idea that the universe was "intelligently" created just for us.
Tyson has defended religion and conservatives and has even criticized the "tooth and claw" attacks launched by people like Dawkins.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Note:
This is the Catholic DIR.
I agree with Tyson.
Bu I don't belong here, so I'll run along.