• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Neighbors block a mans house with a tree

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Panic is causing some to degenerate. The pandemic is causing others to become more human.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
What in the world is our country coming too? A neighbor was rumored to have been on contact with COVID and the neighbors chopped down a tree blocked his driveway to quarantine him. The police and military came out.

We need the hippie movement back where we all love each other. How was he supposed to eat get out and get food?
Maine coronavirus: Armed vigilantes blocked a neighbor's driveway with a tree to force him into quarantine - CNN

There have been a lot of folks from out of town (outta statahs we call them) either coming up to stay in Maine in their summer homes or recreate despite the guvnah shutting down some parks and stopping the snowmobiling season. I read that a lot of New Yorkers are coming here to stay due to how bad it is there.

It has made a lot of folks here angry, scared they are bringing in the virus (which they could be).

This unfortunately leads to incidents like this where people act violent out of fear.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
What in the world is our country coming too? A neighbor was rumored to have been on contact with COVID and the neighbors chopped down a tree blocked his driveway to quarantine him. The police and military came out.

We need the hippie movement back where we all love each other. How was he supposed to eat get out and get food?
Maine coronavirus: Armed vigilantes blocked a neighbor's driveway with a tree to force him into quarantine - CNN
Xenophobia.... or worse.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Another source....
On Maine island, armed group allegedly cuts down tree to force quarantine | Boston.com
On the Maine island of Vinalhaven, an armed group allegedly told individuals to quarantine Friday amid the global coronavirus pandemic and even cut down a tree to block the driveway to their property, according to the Knox County Sheriff’s Office.

Around 3:35 p.m., an individual used a VHF radio system to contact the Coast Guard for help at the residence in the area of Cripple Creek Road, authorities said.

“The individual reported that several people with guns had cut down a tree and were telling them that they need to stay quarantined,” the sheriff’s office said on Facebook.
ADVERTISEMENT

Sheriff’s deputies, members of the Maine Marine Patrol, and a Coast Guard boarding party all responded. Vinalhaven, which has a population of just over 1,000 according to the last census, is roughly 14 miles off the coast of Rockland.

Law enforcement “made contact with the complainant and discovered that a tree had in fact been cut down and dragged into the driveway to block the way,” the sheriff’s office said. “The group had dispersed prior to law enforcement’s arrival.”

“These events do appear to be directed toward specific individuals and we do not feel there is a specific threat to the general public,” the sheriff’s office added.

The incident remained under investigation.

As the Bangor Daily News reported, state Rep. Genevieve McDonald, who represents the island, provided more of the alleged details on her personal Facebook page, noting, “This is not something to be celebrated.”

There are two guys from [New Jersey] on Vinalhaven who have been renting a house since September while working on a construction job. They went to the mainland, and were targeted because of their license plate when they arrived back on Vinalhaven.

There were some words between them and some locals, and the conversation apparently didn’t go very well. I did hear the guys from [New Jersey] were fairly arrogant in their response. A group of local vigilantes decided to take matters into their own hands, and barricade these guys into their rental property. Marine Patrol and the USCG responded, along with [the Knox County Sheriff’s Department].

THIS IS A TREMENDOUS WASTE OF RESOURCES.

Get Boston.com’s e-mail alerts:
Sign up and receive coronavirus news and breaking updates, from our newsroom to your inbox.

E-mail Address

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
There are two guys from [New Jersey] on Vinalhaven who have been renting a house since September while working on a construction job.
Uh oh...
"Two guys" living together in rural Americastan? During an epidemic?

Shades of the 80s. I remember that stuff all too well. Obviously the Red blooded neighbors had every right to protect themselves by any means necessary.
Tom

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I'd like to hear the neighbor's side of the issue.

They had their chance to do so, but according to the article, they dispersed and disappeared prior to the arrival of law enforcement. It appears that they knew they were in the wrong and had no defense for their actions. Otherwise they would have stayed and explained their side to the police.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Uh oh...
"Two guys" living together in rural Americastan? During an epidemic?

Shades of the 80s. I remember that stuff all too well. Obviously the Red blooded neighbors had every right to protect themselves by any means necessary.
Tom
They weren't just any "men".
They're men from New Jersey.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I was actually thinking about this one: Jersey Bounce - Wikipedia

But there was also an episode of The Rockford Files called "The Jersey Bounce." It's about these two guys from New Jersey who move in next to Rockford's father, and they turn out to be the neighbors from hell. They even tried to frame Rockford for murder.
I prefer the one I cited.
Made-You-Look-Decal-Below-the-Waist.jpg