• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Negative Energy

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Negative energy, positive energy.
maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

I've come across sites telling folks how to get rid of negative energy from their life.

Do you believe in this type of spiritual energy.
Do you have a process/ritual to remove negative energy replace it with positive energy and or achieve an energy balance?

Do you not believe in spiritual energy? If so, why do you think there are so many claims made about its existence?

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I believe in it. I have no such process, though, for the most part.

An exception might be 'cleansing' negative energy from an item. Traditionally, we set it out in the moonlight. My husband is more intrigued with this, and sometimes will 'charge' items under specific moons(eclipses and blood moons, or something of the like).

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Negative energy can be avoided with wisdom, just as one doesn't need to engage in risky behaviour. Positive energy, over time, will build a psychic bubble around homes, temples, or the physical body, keeping 'negative' energy at bay, as it can't penetrate the bubble.

At agamic Hindu temples, once a year, the priests, following guidelines laid out in ancient Agamic scripture, consciously build the barrier, which is the boundary between the 'inside' and the 'outside'.

Therefore, although I believe in it, it rarely affects me.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
In Islam especially Sufism, there's the concept of baraka or positive energy. Those with high spiritual status are believed to be conduits for this energy.

As far as people's lives go, I don't see much value in rituals.

We Never Know

No Slack
maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

I've come across sites telling folks how to get rid of negative energy from their life.

Do you have a process/ritual to remove negative energy replace it with positive energy and or achieve an energy balance?

Do you not believe in spiritual energy? If so, why do you think there are so many claims made about its existence?

The only negative I want are negative ion's.
Go out in the rain, stand by a waterfall and get some.

Negative Ions Create Positive Vibes

Negative ions are odorless, tasteless, and invisible molecules that we inhale in abundance in certain environments. Think mountains, waterfalls, and beaches. Once they reach our bloodstream, negative ions are believed to produce biochemical reactions that increase levels of the mood chemical serotonin, helping to alleviate depression, relieve stress, and boost our daytime energy.

Vouthon

Dominus Deus tuus ignis consumens est
Staff member
Premium Member
@Nakosis

In Eastern Catholic theology, there is the concept of the energeia - the Divine and Uncreated Energies of God as distinct from His Essence, which is thought to be unknowable and imperceptible to all but Itself.

The Energies are known as actus in Latin, because they are God's activities as actualized in the universe. Such attributes include the Uncreated Light and Grace of the divine nature, both of which can sanctify and deify the soul which is receptive to them.

Saint Basil the Great wrote that: “the energies are numerous and the essence of God simple and what we know when we say God is in fact His energies. We do not pressure to approach His essence. His energies come down to us, but His essence remains beyond our reach.

This is the path to theosis (divinization) in Eastern Christian mysticism.

As concerns human beings ourselves, though, I don't believe in anything beyond 'metaphorical' or allegorical speech when it comes to 'negative' or 'positive' energy.

The respective terms, for me, just describe feelings and states of mind that one experiences throughout the day, which can be influenced by a range of physiological things like elevated cortisol / stress hormone ('negative energy'). When I feel that way, I just tend to channel it into constructive activities like my work, resistance training and jogging, contemplative prayer and meditation etc.

Last edited:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

I believe in negative and positive energy. I don't know if I'd call it supernatural though. Maybe part of alternative or holistic medicinal practices. Maybe practices such as meditation, visualization, prayer, and so forth that can influence one's energy levels. You can tell the energy/aura from just being around people or near someone. Sometimes it's so strong you literally get a (how to say) a premonition of something that may happen based on who you're around and the "message" it sends you. Personal experiences. Whether they came true, I wouldn't know.

I think many religious practices and teachers teach one how to harness one's energy but not insofar it's a separate entity like Star Wars.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Good question

Negative energy is not 'real' from Truth POV, but it does feel real to the person and should be dealt with wisely.

When not yet enlightened, the person "perceives" negative energy in certain situations. This does not make it true, but it's good for the person to take action:
1) Know that he needs to work on himself
2) If his 'immunesystem' is too weak he better avoid the places where he perceives negative energy, until he becomes strong enough and is not 'negatively' affected by it anymore