• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Needing some advice...

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Mata,

And I really don't know why it's such a big issue for me, but it's very bothersome.
Personal understanding is that it is very normal for most whose awareness or the base chakra gets agitated.
Every being is in tune with existence but mind of humans do not allow that to happen and so this internal strife and to be in tune one follows a path/way/religion which is not necessary an organised path; it can be your own and that also is a religion.
For the time do not bother about anything, in fact do nothing. Do nothing means not even THINKING which is also labelled *meditation*. The simplest way to meditate is to remove the focus from thoughts and to shift the focus the best way is to be aware of the breathing.
Once you start being aware of your own breathing you will realize how chaotic it is and once that breathing becomes rhythmic your personality too will be changed. That mind agitation will slowly fade and a calmness will descend.
More as we go along!

Love & rgds

HerDotness

Lady Babbleon
I'll take the risk of sounding like the old fogey I am chronologically and propose to you, Mata, that you may find in several more years that all the turmoil about religion that you feel at age 22 diminishes somewhat with advancing age.

Figuring out what religion fit me best was really important to me in my 20's, somewhat less so in my 30's because I thought I'd found it and also, I discovered at just over 60, that religion gradually became less a pressing concern to me. Which is not to say that my experience will be yours, but friends of mine have said that they found such concerns became less bothersome as they got older, too.

If you'd like an umbrella-faith that gives you leeway to seek spiritual truth however it manifests to you, you might also look into Unitarian Universalism. It does not require that members believe anything specific; there are even agnostic or atheist UU's.

Here are a some links that will give you an idea if it may work for you:

www.uuworld.org (the UU quarterly magazine)

www.clf.uua.org (the online church for those unable or unwilling to attend a "bricks and mortar" UU church. It offers a 3-month trial membership with absolutely no obligation to join at the end of that time. Details on it can be accessed by means of "Join CLF" on the toolbar at the top of the homepage.

I tried it not long ago even though I'd been a member of CLF previously and can assure you that you will only get an email shortly before the three months end telling you what to do if you wish to become a member, nothing more if you don't respond.)

www.uua.org (the denomination's website with general information about what Unitarian Universalism involves)

alexos

I've spent a life-time as a seeker. I now practise with a high-level form of qigong. It is something very real that can be tried out and experienced. Progress is very rapid, without wasting valuable time. Based on universal principles. The "falundafa.org" website can get you going.