• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

need to know?

summia

Scriptural reader
Again, I am sorry if I have made you angry in any way. I am too blunt and straightforward in saying exactly what I believe sometimes and I know people have been upset by it in the past. I will try to consider your feelings in future posts as I would want the same done for me. Well, Summia, I will 'talk' to you later. I love you with the love of God and pray for your well being. Take care, friend, and forgive me for any offenses, now and in the future.

Peace and Love,

Mike
Its okay now!
May Allah Almighty forgive u. I'm nothing!
Praying for u and peace, take care
Salaam

Sami

summia

Scriptural reader
In the end - we do not need Mohammed, there is nothing that he can offer us because we have everything in Jesus, He is everything and everything was created for Him and we live in Him, He is our life and He has brought us to the Father. We do not need anything more than this, we have been set free from the penalty of sin and in Christ Jesus we have many great and precious promises and shall be joint heirs with Him.
Mohammed has nothing to offer us Summia.

Revelation 1:17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

Look at the comfort we have in Christ Jesus, He is the First and He is the Last.

He is Co-Equal with the Father who also is the first and the Last:
Isaiah 48:11-12 For mine own sake, even for mine own sake, will I do it: for how should my name be polluted? and I will not give my glory unto another. Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last

Revelation 1:18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.
In Christ Jesus we do not need to fear death for He has the Keys of death and Hell, He lives forever and has conquered death and in Him we conquer death too, He who has conquered death has promised us eternal life because He loves us so.
We do not need another!
paul!
I wil reply u late, i'm on fast today.

joeboonda

Hi Summia! I hope you are well today. I can't help but comment on how passionate you are in your love for Allah. It is very lovely to me to see such deep devotion like you have. I am sorry you believe I try to lie on purpose, for I, of course believe I have the truth. But that is okay. I see we definetely believe differently still on Ishmael and Isaac. I understand Isaac means laughter because Sarah laughed when she heard God promise she would become pregnant at such an old age. And you are correct about Ishmael's name'for the Bible says God HEARD Hagar's affliction:

Genesis 16
11And the angel of the LORD said unto her (Hagar), Behold, thou art with child and shalt bear a son, and shalt call his name Ishmael; because the LORD hath heard thy affliction

Note that God heard HAGAR's affliction, NOT Abraham's. For Sarah had kicked her out because she was angry because she had not conceived yet. This is in Genesis 16 if you want to read the story.

Here are some verses about Isaac and God's promise:

Genesis 17:19
And God said, Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and thou shalt call his name Isaac: and I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him.
But my covenant will I establish with Isaac, which Sarah shall bear unto thee at this set time in the next year.
Genesis 21:3
And Abraham called the name of his son that was born unto him, whom Sarah bare to him, Isaac.

Here we see Isaac was born of Sarah and that God would establish His covenant with him for an everlasting covenant. What we believe about this is that Jesus Christ came from Isaac's line and it is through Him that salvation is available to all the world. Here are some verses that you would probably consider lies but they do not conflict with the rest of the Bible:

Genesis 22:2
And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.
3And Abraham rose up early in the morning, and saddled his ***, and took two of his young men with him, and Isaac his son, and clave the wood for the burnt offering, and rose up, and went unto the place of which God had told him.
6And Abraham took the wood of the burnt offering, and laid it upon Isaac his son; and he took the fire in his hand, and a knife; and they went both of them together.
7And Isaac spake unto Abraham his father, and said, My father: and he said, Here am I, my son. And he said, Behold the fire and the wood: but where is the lamb for a burnt offering?
9-13And they came to the place which God had told him of; and Abraham built an altar there, and laid the wood in order, and bound Isaac his son, and laid him on the altar upon the wood.
23:10And Abraham stretched forth his hand, and took the knife to slay his son.
11And the angel of the LORD called unto him out of heaven, and said, Abraham, Abraham: and he said, Here am I.
12And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me. 13And Abraham lifted up his eyes, and looked, and behold behind him a ram caught in a thicket by his horns: and Abraham went and took the ram, and offered him up for a burnt offering in the stead of his son.

The verse I underlined is significant to us Christians because Jesus said:

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

So, just as Abraham was so obedient to God that he was willing to offer his only son, God offered His only Son that whoever believes in him may have everlasting life. Here are some verses we believe:

Hebrews 11

17By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son,
18Of whom it was said, That in Isaac shall thy seed be called: 19Accounting that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead; from whence also he received him in a figure.

Just as Abraham believed God was able to raise Isaac from the dead, God raised His Son, Jesus. who actually was sacrificed for our sins, from the dead. You see how this ties in with our core beliefs? Of course we both believe we are right and the other wrong about this, but I wanted to share a little bit about my beliefs.

Here is the promise God gave to Abraham:

Genesis 12
1Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:
2And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing: 3And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

This last phrase, that in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed, we believe as I said, that Jesus descended from the line of Isaac, who begat Jacob, who begat twelve sons who became the 12 tribes of Israel through whom came Jesus, the Messiah. "All families of the earth" may be blessed by believing in Jesus for eternal life, which is a free gift to all who believe Jesus paid for all our sins on the cross and rose again.

The Bible also says good things about Ishmael. I will give some background verses then the verses that tell what God says about Ishmael. Note that God told Hagar to name him Ishmael because He heard HER affliction, not Abraham's:

Genesis 16

10And the angel of the LORD said unto her (Hagar), I will multiply thy seed exceedingly, that it shall not be numbered for multitude.
11And the angel of the LORD said unto her, Behold, thou art with child and shalt bear a son, and shalt call his name Ishmael; because the LORD hath heard thy affliction. 12And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him; and he shall dwell in the presence of all his brethren.
15And Hagar bare Abram a son: and Abram called his son's name, which Hagar bare, Ishmael.

The Bible says God would make of Ismael a great nation, which He did. Here is a bit more scripture:

Genesis 17
15And God said unto Abraham, As for Sarai thy wife, thou shalt not call her name Sarai, but Sarah shall her name be.
16And I will bless her, and give thee a son also of her: yea, I will bless her, and she shall be a mother of nations; kings of people shall be of her.
17Then Abraham fell upon his face, and laughed, and said in his heart, Shall a child be born unto him that is an hundred years old? and shall Sarah, that is ninety years old, bear?
18And Abraham said unto God, O that Ishmael might live before thee!
19And God said, Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and thou shalt call his name Isaac: and I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him.
20And as for Ishmael, I have heard thee: Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly; twelve princes shall he beget, and I will make him a great nation. 21But my covenant will I establish with Isaac, which Sarah shall bear unto thee at this set time in the next year.

So we see from these verses that God promised Sarah a baby but Abraham tried to make it happen on his own and conceived Ishmael by Hagar. But Sarah did miraculously conceive and had Isaac through whom God said all nations will be blessed--we believe because through his line Jesus would come to save anyone who calls upon His name. Yet, Ishmael is also blessed of God but no covenant is made with him that through his seed all nations would be blessed, yet he would still begat a great nation. Well, this is what the Bible says and what I believe, thank-you for letting me share with you my beliefs. God bless you and if I can explain my beliefs further I will try to do so.
Peace and Love,
Mike

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
This is very simple. The Bible is the Bible. The Koran is the Koran. They are two completely different pieces and styles of literature, written in entirely different languages, by entirely different authors, to entirely different audiences, with entirely different agendas. It's like trying to compare a dog with a Saturn V rocket.

Muhammed is not mentioned in the Bible, because Muhammed was not part of the culture that produced the Bible. It's really that simple. The Biblical writers thought of themselves as the people of God. The OT writers wrote from that perspective to those people of the Hebrew tribes. The NT writers wrote to Christians about Christian issues, not muslim issues.

The Bible is not what you think it is. It is not what you are desperately trying to make it be. It's our Bible -- we wrote it, God helping. We use it, we find revelation and inspiration within it. We created this tool for our understanding. I think we know what it is and what it is not.

Muhammed is not mentioned in the Bible. That's just the way it is. Nor does he bear mentioning. Get over it.

summia

Scriptural reader
In the end - we do not need Mohammed, there is nothing that he can offer us because we have everything in Jesus, He is everything and everything was created for Him
Therefore ye killed him!

and we live in Him, He is our life and He has brought us to the Father.
Yeah! He was your life but Alas! Ye put their life at cross.
We do not need anything more than this, we have been set free from the penalty of sin and in Christ Jesus we have many great and precious promises and shall be joint heirs with Him.
Where’s so?
I know Biblical verses, bring them at the post. So that I may inform you good understanding of Biblical meanings.

Mohammed has nothing to offer us Summia.

How can you say that Muhammad did nothing for, O man!
Your savior Jesus is in Quran,
Quran (2: 87)

وَلَقَدْ آتَيْنَا مُوسَىٰ ٱلْكِتَابَ وَقَفَّيْنَا مِن بَعْدِهِ بِٱلرُّسُلِ وَآتَيْنَا عِيسَى ٱبْنَ مَرْيَمَ ٱلْبَيِّنَاتِ وَأَيَّدْنَاهُ بِرُوحِ ٱلْقُدُسِ أَفَكُلَّمَا جَآءَكُمْ رَسُولٌ بِمَا لاَ تَهْوَىٰ أَنْفُسُكُمْ ٱسْتَكْبَرْتُمْ فَفَرِيقاً كَذَّبْتُمْ وَفَرِيقاً تَقْتُلُونَ

“And surely, We gave unto Moses the Scripture and We caused a train of messengers to follow after him and We gave unto Jesus son of Mary clear proofs and We supported him with the holy Spirit. Is it ever so, that, when there cometh unto you a messenger with that which ye yourselves desire ye grow arrogant and some ye disbelieve and some ye slay?”

Commentry of Ibn Abbas:

(And surely, We gave unto Moses the Scripture) the Torah (and We caused a train of messengers to follow after him) to come after him in succession, (and We gave unto Jesus son of Mary clear proofs) commands, prohibitions, wondrous things and signs, (and We supported him) strengthened and helped him (with the holy Spirit) with Gabriel, the purified. (Is it ever so, that, when there cometh unto you) O group of Jews (a messenger with that which ye yourselves desire not) which does not agree with your hearts and religion, (ye grow arrogant) you disdain believing in him. (and some ye disbelieve) you disbelieve in a group of them, namely Muhammad and Jesus, Allah bless them and give them peace (and some ye slay?) and some you killed, namely, John the Baptist and Zachariah.
I ask you!
As Christain claims that Quran is Muhammad’s handy scripture then why Muhammad used to praise Jesus as a prophet?
Look!
If the prophet that declares the false, he always used to say in oppose to the previous prophet. But lo! Herez Muhammad is the witness of your savior Jesus!
And you say Muhammad offer you nothing.
Herez in Quran about paradise,
وَبَشِّرِ ٱلَّذِين آمَنُواْ وَعَمِلُواْ ٱلصَّالِحَاتِ أَنَّ لَهُمْ جَنَّاتٍ تَجْرِي مِن تَحْتِهَا ٱلأَنْهَارُ كُلَّمَا رُزِقُواْ مِنْهَا مِن ثَمَرَةٍ رِّزْقاً قَالُواْ هَـٰذَا ٱلَّذِي رُزِقْنَا مِن قَبْلُ وَأُتُواْ بِهِ مُتَشَابِهاً وَلَهُمْ فِيهَآ أَزْوَاجٌ مُّطَهَّرَةٌ وَهُمْ فِيهَا خَالِدُونَ

“And give glad tidings unto those who believe and do good works that theirs are Gardens beneath which rivers flow as often as they are provided with food of the fruit thereof they say: This is what was given us before and it is given to them in resemblance There for them are pure spouses therein.”

Commentary of Ibn Abbas:
Then He mentioned the favours enjoyed by the believers in Paradise, saying: (And give glad tidings unto those who believe) in Muhammad (pbuh) and in the Qur'an (and do good works) of obedience that bind to their Lord; and it is also that this refers to doing any righteous deeds; (that theirs are Gardens beneath which), trees and habitations, (rivers flow) rivers of wine, milk, honey and water; (as often as they are provided with food), whenever they are fed in Paradise (of the fruit thereof) with different kinds of fruit, (they say: This is what was given us before), this is what we ate before, (and it is given to them) i.e. the food (in resemblance) as far as the colour is concerned but not the taste which is different. (There for them) in Paradise (are pure spouses), pure from menses or any kind of filth, (therein), in Paradise, (forever they abide) dwelling forever: never to die or be banished from it.

For whom these Blessings are:
1) Believers
2) Do Good works

Can I ask why you are only thinking of your self to be offered?
It is simply called selfishness.
If you love Jesus then I ask you why your ancestors forced the Jesus to place on cross?

After killing your own comforter, is it a sense that you will be forgiven by God Almighty?
Then Why you killed Jesus?
And after killing him your forefather used to said “HE has died for ourselves!”
Its selfishness. You only thinking about yourself and ignoring the true facts!

summia

Scriptural reader
Revelation 1:17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

Point number 1: this verse don’t explain about the prophethood. It explains that “Jesus is the first and last Messiah”

No NO! I’m not claiming so. Look here, your own schiorlars are commenting about this verse. And see I’m not putting one type of commentary this time but all the gathered commentaries about this verse…

Let’s have a Look!
Revelation 1:17 Parallel Commentaries (underlined consideration!)

NASB: When I saw Him, I fell at His feet like a dead man. And He placed His right hand on me, saying, "Do not be afraid; I am the first and the last, (NASB ©1995)

GSB:1:17 {10} And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. {11} And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; {12} I am the first and the last:
(10) A religious fear, that goes before the calling of the saints, and their full confirmation to take on them the vocation of God.
(11) A divine confirmation of this calling, partly by sign, and partly by word of power.
(12) A most elegant description of this calling contained in three things, which are necessary to a just vocation: first the authority of him who calls, for he is the beginning and end of all things, in this verse, for he is eternal and omnipotent Re 1:8. Secondly the sum of his prophetic calling and revelation Re 1:9. Lastly a declaration of those persons to whom this prophecy is by the commandment of God directed in the description of it Re 1:20.

Look! In this commentary there is no proof of Jesus as the last PROPHET. Yeah! But he is the last Messiah. And that’s same as Muslims believe.
They believe that Jesus pbuh is alive and will come back.

Quran (2: 87)

وَلَقَدْ آتَيْنَا مُوسَىٰ ٱلْكِتَابَ وَقَفَّيْنَا مِن بَعْدِهِ بِٱلرُّسُلِ وَآتَيْنَا عِيسَى ٱبْنَ مَرْيَمَ ٱلْبَيِّنَاتِ وَأَيَّدْنَاهُ بِرُوحِ ٱلْقُدُسِ أَفَكُلَّمَا جَآءَكُمْ رَسُولٌ بِمَا لاَ تَهْوَىٰ أَنْفُسُكُمْ ٱسْتَكْبَرْتُمْ فَفَرِيقاً كَذَّبْتُمْ وَفَرِيقاً تَقْتُلُونَ

And surely, We gave unto Moses the Scripture and We caused a train of messengers to follow after him and We gave unto Jesus son of Mary clear proofs and We supported him with the holy Spirit Is it ever so, that, when there cometh unto you a messenger with that which ye yourselves desire not ye grow arrogant and some ye disbelieve and some ye slay?

Quran (4:157)

وَقَوْلِهِمْ إِنَّا قَتَلْنَا ٱلْمَسِيحَ عِيسَى ٱبْنَ مَرْيَمَ رَسُولَ ٱللَّهِ وَمَا قَتَلُوهُ وَمَا صَلَبُوهُ وَلَـٰكِن شُبِّهَ لَهُمْ وَإِنَّ ٱلَّذِينَ ٱخْتَلَفُواْ فِيهِ لَفِي شَكٍّ مِّنْهُ مَا لَهُمْ بِهِ مِنْ عِلْمٍ إِلاَّ ٱتِّبَاعَ ٱلظَّنِّ وَمَا قَتَلُوهُ يَقِيناً

“And because of their saying: We slew the Messiah Jesus son of Mary, Allah's messenger They slew him not nor crucified, but it appeared so unto them and lo! those who disagree concerning it are in doubt thereof they have no knowledge thereof save pursuit of a conjecture they slew him not for certain”

Quran (19:29 to 33)

فَأَشَارَتْ إِلَيْهِ قَالُواْ كَيْفَ نُكَلِّمُ مَن كَانَ فِي ٱلْمَهْدِ صَبِيّاً

“Then she pointed to him They said How can we tale to one who is in the cradle, a young boy”

قَالَ إِنِّي عَبْدُ ٱللَّهِ آتَانِيَ ٱلْكِتَابَ وَجَعَلَنِي نَبِيّاً

“He spake: Lo! I am the slave of Allah. He hath given me the Scripture and hath appointed me a Prophet”

وَجَعَلَنِي مُبَارَكاً أَيْنَ مَا كُنتُ وَأَوْصَانِي بِٱلصَّلاَةِ وَٱلزَّكَاةِ مَا دُمْتُ حَيّاً

“And hath made me blessed wheresoever I may be and hath enjoined upon me prayer and alms giving so long as I remain alive”

وَبَرّاً بِوَالِدَتِي وَلَمْ يَجْعَلْنِي جَبَّاراً شَقِيّاً

“And (hath made me) dutiful towards her who bore me and hath not made me arrogant unblest”

وَٱلسَّلاَمُ عَلَيَّ يَوْمَ وُلِدْتُّ وَيَوْمَ أَمُوتُ وَيَوْمَ أُبْعَثُ حَيّاً

“Peace on me the day I was born and the day I die and the day I shall be raised alive”

Quran (43:61)

وَإِنَّهُ لَعِلْمٌ لِّلسَّاعَةِ فَلاَ تَمْتَرُنَّ بِهَا وَٱتَّبِعُونِ هَـٰذَا صِرَاطٌ مُّسْتَقِيمٌ

“And lo! Verily there is knowledge of the Hour So doubt ye not concerning it but follow Me This is the right path “

I ask you, why u did the same as jeoboona did?
He didn’t read the commentary and post for the false believes.

Herez other commentaries about the verse Revelation 1:17
continue..........

summia

Scriptural reader
PNT:1:17 I fell at his feet as dead. Overcome with awe. No sinful man can stand before God and live; hence the impression made by the appearance of the Lord is that of terror.
Fear not. But when the Lord spoke to the disciple it was with the old love. How often before had Jesus said Fear not.
I am the first and the last. See PNT Re 1:8. The attributes claimed for Jehovah are also claimed for Christ.
[/quote]
Verse explains about Jehovah claim for Christ but not Muhammad pbuh.

WES: 1:17 And I fell at his feet as dead - Human nature not being able to sustain so glorious an appearance. Thus was he prepared (like Daniel of old, whom he peculiarly resembles) for receiving so weighty a prophecy. A great sinking of nature usually precedes a large communication of heavenly things. St. John, before our Lord suffered, was so intimate with him, as to lean on his breast, to lie in his bosom. Yet now, near seventy years after, the aged apostle is by one glance struck to the ground. What a glory must this be! Ye sinners, be afraid cleanse your hands: purify your hearts. Ye saints, be humble, prepare: rejoice. But rejoice unto him with reverence: an increase of reverence towards this awful majesty can be no prejudice to your faith. Let all petulancy, with all vain curiosity, be far away, while you are thinking or reading of these things. And he laid his right hand upon me - The same wherein he held the seven stars. What did St. John then feel in himself? Saying, Fear not - His look terrifies, his speech strengthens. He does not call John by his name, (as the angels did Zechariah and others,) but speaks as his well known master. What follows is also spoken to strengthen and encourage him. I am - When in his state of humiliation he spoke of his glory, he frequently spoke in the third person, as Matt 26:64. But he now speaks of his own glory, without any veil, in plain and direct terms. The first and the last - That is, the one, eternal God, who is from everlasting to everlasting, Isaiah 41:4.

Herez your scholar made my point so clear, he was not first and last prophet but Massiah (whom you refer to God in other words)

continue..........

summia

Scriptural reader
MHC:1:12-20 The churches receive their light from Christ and the gospel, and hold it forth to others. They are golden candlesticks; they should be precious and pure; not only the ministers, but the members of the churches; their light should so shine before men, as to engage others to give glory to God. And the apostle saw as though of the Lord Jesus Christ appeared in the midst of the golden candlesticks. He is with his churches always, to the end of the world, filling them with light, and life, and love. He was clothed with a robe down to the feet, perhaps representing his righteousness and priesthood, as Mediator. This vest was girt with a golden girdle, which may denote how precious are his love and affection for his people. His head and hairs white like wool and as snow, may signify his majesty, purity, and eternity. His eyes as a flame of fire, may represent his knowledge of the secrets of all hearts, and of the most distant events. His feet like fine brass burning in a furnace, may denote the firmness of his appointments, and the excellence of his proceedings. His voice as the sound of many waters, may represent the power of his word, to remove or to destroy. The seven stars were emblems of the ministers of the seven churches to which the apostle was ordered to write, and whom Christ upheld and directed. The sword represented his justice, and his word, piercing to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, Heb 4:12. His countenance was like the sun, when it shines clearly and powerfully; its strength too bright and dazzling for mortal eyes to behold. The apostle was overpowered with the greatness of the lustre and glory in which Christ appeared. We may well be contented to walk by faith, while here upon earth. The Lord Jesus spake words of comfort; Fear not. Words of instruction; telling who thus appeared. And his Divine nature; the First and the Last. His former sufferings; I was dead: the very same whom his disciples saw upon the cross. His resurrection and life; I have conquered death, and am partaker of endless life. His office and authority; sovereign dominion in and over the invisible world, as the Judge of all, from whose sentence there is no appeal. Let us listen to the voice of Christ, and receive the tokens of his love, for what can he withhold from those for whose sins he has died? May we then obey his word, and give up ourselves wholly to him who directs all things aright.
[/quote]

What I have underlined, your scholar made most clear my point that Jesus is not the Last PROPHET but last Messiah.
But I say Muhammad pbuh is the last prophet came after Jesus. Jesus dosen’t say that he is the last prophet but first and last Messiah!
Reference: New American Standard Bible Copyright © 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation, La Habra, Calif. All rights reserved. For Permission to Quote Information visit http://www.lockman.org.

Reference link:http://biblecommenter.com/revelation/1-17.htm

summia

Scriptural reader
Look at the comfort we have in Christ Jesus, He is the First and He is the Last.

Then I need to ask you!
Rather i would consider it your poor understanding of verses or you was intended to prove false arguments?
He is Co-Equal with the Father who also is the first and the Last:
Isaiah 48:11-12 For mine own sake, even for mine own sake, will I do it: for how should my name be polluted? and I will not give my glory unto another. Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last

Revelation 1:18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.
In Christ Jesus we do not need to fear death for He has the Keys of death and Hell, He lives forever and has conquered death and in Him we conquer death too, He who has conquered death has promised us eternal life because He loves us so.
We do not need another!

Do i need to bring the proof for these verses or it is enough?
I have put all argument for you with commentary, it didn’t explains about Jesus is the last prophet but he is last Messiah!

Prophet means “ The messenger given Book from God Almighty”
And
Messiah means “The comforter”

Come on paul! Your knowledge! Ahhhhhhh
What can I say to you and as well jeoboona, May you would be able to understand Jesus.

summia

Scriptural reader
I understand Isaac means laughter because Sarah laughed when she heard God promise she would become pregnant at such an old age. And you are correct about Ishmael's name'for the Bible says God HEARD Hagar's affliction:
Then It a common sense that Sarah’s name must be “Isaac” and Isaac name must be “son of Isaac”
Wait i wil post that is a separate topic, I will post the new thread about this issue...
saty with!
Salaam!

summia

Scriptural reader
This is very simple. The Bible is the Bible. The Koran is the Koran. They are two completely different pieces and styles of literature, written in entirely different languages, by entirely different authors, to entirely different audiences, with entirely different agendas. It's like trying to compare a dog with a Saturn V rocket.

Muhammed is not mentioned in the Bible, because Muhammed was not part of the culture that produced the Bible. It's really that simple. The Biblical writers thought of themselves as the people of God. The OT writers wrote from that perspective to those people of the Hebrew tribes. The NT writers wrote to Christians about Christian issues, not muslim issues.

The Bible is not what you think it is. It is not what you are desperately trying to make it be. It's our Bible -- we wrote it, God helping. We use it, we find revelation and inspiration within it. We created this tool for our understanding. I think we know what it is and what it is not.

Muhammed is not mentioned in the Bible. That's just the way it is. Nor does he bear mentioning. Get over it.
There is difference in religion and culture Sir!
religion is not whatever u write by ur wish and saying it God's word!

فَوَيْلٌ لِّلَّذِينَ يَكْتُبُونَ ٱلْكِتَابَ بِأَيْدِيهِمْ ثُمَّ يَقُولُونَ هَـٰذَا مِنْ عِنْدِ ٱللَّهِ لِيَشْتَرُواْ بِهِ ثَمَناً قَلِيلاً فَوَيْلٌ لَّهُمْ مِّمَّا كَتَبَتْ أَيْدِيهِمْ وَوَيْلٌ لَّهُمْ مِّمَّا يَكْسِبُونَ

“Therefore woe be unto those who write the Scripture with their hands and then say, " This is from Allah " , that they may purchase a small gain therewith Woe unto them for what their hands have written and woe unto them for what they earn thereby” (2:79)

I'm not here to win my self, i'm here to tell the truth!
Why r u doing the same as u did before while slaying ur own savior at the cross!

summia

Scriptural reader
Oh yeah!
I have forgot!
you don't believe in Quran then why I gave you proof from Quran about writting scriptures with your own hand.....

Herez the Biblical proof....

Let us look at what GOD Almighty Said in the Bible:
"`How can you say, "We [the Jews] are wise, for we have the law of the LORD," when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely?' (From the NIV Bible, Jeremiah 8:8)"
The Revised Standard Version makes it even clearer: "How can you say, 'We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us'? But, behold, the false pen of the scribes has made it into a lie. (From the RSV Bible, Jeremiah 8:8)"

summia

Scriptural reader
Now every one have concluded nothing to say any more !

If people can write their own scripture while Bible is clearly warnig to write scriptures, then debating about Bible is of no avail.
If the people can write the scripture while saying it God’s word then every thing can be expect to them.
1) they can wiped out the name of Muhammad (prophecy of Muhammad) in the bible.
"`How can you say, "We [the Jews] are wise, for we have the law of the LORD," when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely?'(From the NIV Bible, Jeremiah 8:8)"
The Revised Standard Version makes it even clearer: "How can you say, 'We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us'? But, behold, the false pen of the scribes has made it into a lie.(From the RSV Bible, Jeremiah 8:8)"

2) They can also change their biblical version while original text is some thing else

3) they can also place name if Isaac intead if Ishmael who placed at altar.
Thanx sonjouner!
Only you told the truth at the post!

summia

Scriptural reader
Name of Muhammad pbuh in Hebrew Bible:

There is an important prophecy in the Song of Solomon (5:9-16).
In this prophecy, the one who is spoken of here is the beloved of God. One of the titles of Hadhrat Muhammad pbuh is Habibullah -- the beloved one of God.

Secondly: "My beloved is white and ruddy". This was the color of Hadhrat Muhammad pbuh,

Thirdly, "Chiefest among then thousands". We have already shown that Hadhrat Muhammad pbuh was at the head of ten thousand f ollowers at the time of the conquest of Mecca.

The fourth and most striking point in this prophecy is the name of Hadhrat Muhammad pbuh in verse 16. It reads: "Yea, he is altogether lovely" in English Bible. In the Hebrew Bible, the word is "Muhammad-im".
(See Hebrew Bible printed for the British and Foreign Bible Society by Trowitzsch & Sons, Berlin, P. 1159)

joeboonda

It was stated earlier that we killed Jesus when Jesus clearly said:

John 10:17-19
17Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. 18No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

Something was exposed here, but I will keep that to myself.

I wonder why didnt Jesus or God reveal himself to the Chinese? Why didnt he go to Asia or the Americas??? God sure didnt know a whole lot about anything if he left out so many important people like Muhammed -- I mean seriously whassup with that

joeboonda

I wonder why didnt Jesus or God reveal himself to the Chinese? Why didnt he go to Asia or the Americas??? God sure didnt know a whole lot about anything if he left out so many important people like Muhammed -- I mean seriously whassup with that
Jesus told his disciples to go into ALL the world and preach the gospel. It is still being done today. Mohammad came along 500 years later and denied the eye-witness accounts of the crucifixion, thus the resurrection by saying Jesus was NOT crucified, thus he is a false prophet who has deceived many.

summia

Scriptural reader
It was stated earlier that we killed Jesus when Jesus clearly said:

John 10:17-19
17Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. 18No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

Something was exposed here, but I will keep that to myself.
:D
What rubbish!
your own comanion have proved about Bible is written and yeah!
You can change, ur scholar can change the verses!
I have no believe!
Aaakh!
Are u proving me from Bible???:confused:

If u still want me to clearify you then herez….
Firstly this verse don’t explain that “Jesus lay down for you (means Christians)”
Jesus can say so when people were placeing them at cross he may say so “17Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. 18No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.
”
Coz when Jesus was plaing at the cross he protested so much but Stone Hearted people don’t notice him and put him on the corss. After that he filled with the power of Divine “When Allah Almighty consoled him by saying that you would never crucified (As Muslims believe)”
Again you mistake jeoboona!
Why don't you stop posting rubbish now?

summia

Scriptural reader
I wonder why didnt Jesus or God reveal himself to the Chinese? Why didnt he go to
Asia or the Americas??? God sure didnt know a whole lot about anything if he left out so many important people like Muhammed -- I mean seriously whassup with that

Plz fellow!
don't believe on jeoboona he already lied on the post about HIS OWN SCRIPTURE
BIBle!

But plz!
Don't say about Jesus pbuh so, coz Muslims respects Jesus as they respect Muhammad pbuh!

Infact tuth is: Jesus pbuh was for a specific nation "Bani Israel"
"Son's of Jacob (The 12 tribes)"
Jesus prophesied about Muhammad pbuh in the Bible but they (Christians) wrote their book and changed the version to original text.

Muhammad pbuh is the Last prophet for the whole world; therefore u will find the truth with clear proof in Muslims, as I did!

As jeoboona is saying that Muhammad is false,
Plz therefore i have posted my op with the Question
"Why ur Bible say nothing about Muhammad?"
They said nothing, (their own christain fellow said who spoke the truth)
Then it is the common sense that if their bible (their holy religious scripture) say nothing about Muhammad then who gave them right to call Muhammad as a false prophet!
It’s a common sense!