• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Need Liquor Help!

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
if you are gonna get trashed, get some isotonic drinks in between your drinks to keep you hydrated to reduce affects of hangover, or if you are like me, don't cause I don't get hangovers. Errr, I do but they last maybe 30 minutes. But I'm a monster and am unlike you puny normal humans.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Personally, I don't like any of the three.

Get some good rum.
I do not drink often, but when I do, I prefer this:

59db8318d4b58.jpg

Caution to @Debater Slayer if you do go ahead with this DO NOT mix your drink, say, have a combo of all 3. That is not a great idea.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
none, get woodford reserve. hennesey is expensive for a name brand. jack and chivas are trash and burn your throat.

or get an aged single malt, Glenlivet comes to mind or a genfidditch(sp).

that is if you are drinking it neat, or add a spash of water to allow it to breath or one or 2 cubes of clear ice. best to serve inn a chilled glass with cold rocks IMO.

yeah I'm a snob.

I prefer the Buffalo Trace distillery. Blanton's, Eagle Rare, Buffalo Trace, although Four Roses can be quite nice (small batch!).

For scotches, I tend to prefer the peaty stuff: Laphroigh, Caol Ila, Ardbeg. Those are probably not for beginners, though.

But those are just my preferences....

Phantasman

Funny. I'm reading this while drinking a few Jagers. I'll just agree with Father Heathen. He always makes good sense to me. (Though rum doesn't taste as good as Jager). lol

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
If I'm going with tequila im just gonna make margeritas. with jose platino, sauza silver, or don anejo, grand marneis, and contreau. yum yum. albeit it is expensive. But good quality liquors that's the price you pay and the drunk is far more appealing than on cheap garbage liquors.

suncowiam

My friend is getting us some liquor to celebrate a specific occasion together in a few days. We're planning to get drunk and have set up the place for it.

This is my first time having any alcoholic beverage except for beer, so I don't know how the three choices we have compare to each other. They are

1) Chivas Regal

2) Jack Daniel's

3) Hennessy.

Which would you recommend? And based on your experience, what should one expect from each of those three?

I usually drink Jack Daniels or Hennessy with Coke to get the taste down.

Haven't tried the Chivas Regal.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
If I'm going with tequila im just gonna make margeritas. with jose platino, sauza silver, or don anejo, grand marneis, and contreau. yum yum. albeit it is expensive. But good quality liquors that's the price you pay and the drunk is far more appealing than on cheap garbage liquors.
I could never do that to a top shelf tequila. Midrange is acceptable.